• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Treatment Medication to help cocaine cravings.

Crackedout420

Bluelighter
Is there anything you guys could think of that my doctor would prescribe me. Like isnt addictive or anything, my doc knows about my history and wouldnt prescribe many medications that are addictive. I should also mention I'm on abilify and cymbalta and said drug would have to have no interactions with my meds.

Adderall. > my go-to and i'm a heavy crack cocaine user, never think about the stuff because of amps.

Hmm I dont know where to get that around here off the street and my doc will not give me that ever lol

hm i can't give you sources without violating rules, can you get some meth (you can get it in pill form like myself i'll attach a photo its just crushed pressed powder) you can crush shards, get a mg scale, and take doses of that as long as you don't allow it to get out of hand
interesting, 2nd time i've shared this photo in a row, i think i should take more photos could be useful in the future.IMG_0548[1].JPG

Hmm I dont know where to get that around here off the street and my doc will not give me that ever lol

A doctor is unlikely to give you amphetamines/ritalin but is likely to prescribe you wellbutrin.

Another option could be to go to the pharmacy and ask for a box of bronkaid (if you are in the US). These contain ephedrine which might do the trick.

A doctor is unlikely to give you amphetamines/ritalin but is likely to prescribe you wellbutrin.

Another option could be to go to the pharmacy and ask for a box of bronkaid (if you are in the US). These contain ephedrine which might do the trick.
I would never encourage Antidepressant use, they tend to alter the mind too much, we can agree to disagree on this but, wellbutrin isn't the best because it carries several dependency factors along with using it especially over prolonged periods, but it can be helpful nontheless, i don't disagree with its benefits but do with it's long-term side effects

Anti-depressants don’t work for me because they trigger mania but I would recommend them if they were the lesser of two evils where illicit drug addiction was fucking up a person’s life significantly and the anti-depressants created a space to address the drug addiction by taking away the fiending.

also getting medical support for tapering off anti-depressants is easier than help for a crack addiction unless you pay top dollar for some private program.

Adderall. > my go-to and i'm a heavy crack cocaine user, never think about the stuff because of amps.

The OP clearly says 'from a doctor' and 'non addictive' and here you are recommending amphetamines and methamphetamine.

You won't recommend AntiD's as they 'tend to alter the mind to much' ...unlike Meth, eh :rolleyes:

You are on a harm reduction forum advising someone to take Meth in order to reduce cocaine cravings. Ok.

Yeah tbh I used to be addicted to speed so that wouldnt work for me at all. I chronically refuse when I have speed.

I would never encourage Antidepressant use, they tend to alter the mind too much, we can agree to disagree on this but, wellbutrin isn't the best because it carries several dependency factors along with using it especially over prolonged periods, but it can be helpful nontheless, i don't disagree with its benefits but do with it's long-term side effects

Bupropion is a dopamine/norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor so its quite different from serotonergic antidepressants. It might work, is not particularly addictive and is something a physician would actually consider prescribing. I agree though that serotonergic antidepressants should only be used in last resort.

Bupropion is a dopamine/norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor so its quite different from serotonergic antidepressants. It might work, is not particularly addictive and is something a physician would actually consider prescribing.
This, really. There's been some research into buproprion (Wellbutrin) for cocaine addiction that was vaguely promising. Everyone suggesting amphetamines, ritalin, etc. is not really thinking this through very well IMO even if it's "worked" (i.e. substituted) in the past.

If you want to get exotic, β-CFT ( WIN 35,428 ) would probably be good at this though.

Bupropion is a dopamine/norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor so its quite different from serotonergic antidepressants. It might work, is not particularly addictive and is something a physician would actually consider prescribing. I agree though that serotonergic antidepressants should only be used in last resort.
well a reuptake inhibitor can habituate you, in the long-term if you cease use you may encounter some severe ill-effects aswell, i just want to state i'm well aware of what bupropion is, my mother takes the stuff, i'm not fond of it, but she swears it keeps her 'normal' but that doesn't fit with my philosophy that we are who/what we are and should not REQUIRE a substance to keep us on track excluding stuff to keep the body going example prednisone etc, mind altering substances should never be absolutely required, but at the same time are the direct answer for some individuals, but its hard to speculate whom will benefit from it especially long-term however i'm kinda anti-antidepressants, and yes as a LAST resort, but the wellburtrin aka buproprion, isn't something i would reccomend to anyone myself, but it can certainly be beneficial, but one should try to avoid them at all costs.

thing is Wellbutrin isn't even really an antidepressant. it's sort of an antidepressant adjunct. it's much better, for depression, as a supplement to an SSRI than as monotherapy. chemically,

bupropion-teaser.png

Wellbutrin almost looks like some of the weird shit that came out after the Mephedrone ban. By that taxonomy it'd be "amfebutamone." 3-Chloro-N-tert-butyl-β-keto-α-methylphenethylamine. It's practically pyrovalerone-ish. Not at all your typical antidepressant and hence it's efficacy for the dilemma of the OP because it actually is having some cocaine-like (NDRI) activity, only spread over time and very baseline. Consider it like a nicotine patch (actually Wellbutrin, as Zyban, is also used for quitting smoking but it is really not that good) for cocaine.

Last edited:
Bupropion is a CYP2D6 inhibitor and would have an effect on levels of aripiprazole and duloxetine, increasing them. Certainly relevant for abilify with quinine increasing AUC by 100% or so. Dose adjustments are possible.

Do you have an alcohol addiction? Modafinil had some promise for cocaine, but didn't seem to work as well in people with alcohol dependence. Some drug interactions.

I was in a DBT group with someone who reduced cocaine use with topiramate, but I think that is because she was more stable with borderline symptoms. I had been on it for migraines and could imagine it reducing some cravings, but certainly has side effects. Also weight loss.

I wonder how naltrexone or low dose naltrexone fares.

Oh i forgot topiramate. That has some bizarre effect insofar as reducing cocaine cravings (as does baclofen) but the side-effect profile makes it a poor candidate when compared to bupropion.