• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Medication for poor focus/concentration/articulation/scattered thoughts/poor memory?

pally pete

Bluelighter
Just before the ban comes in I'd like to purchase something that can aid with my poor focus/concentration/scattered thoughts/articulation/poor memory. I've had these symptoms all my life, but all the G.P's I've seen are not too helpful when it comes to mental health issues.

Something that hopefully won't invoke too much anxiety; Which I'm aware come with the other edge of the sword with most of these substances.

Would something similar to Modafanil help? (I know that's illegal here) Or one of it's legal RC analogues? My friend used to buy it in India and he swore by it but I didn't partake as I was going through a phase of particularily bad insomnia at the time. So any stimulant was a no go for me.

I may be barking up the wrong tree with the Modinafil?? I'm not too educated in this type of RC.. I usually stick to Benzos; While being great for anxiety, they're not so great for concentration/memory/focus

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Why not give yourself a break from the benzos - your poor concentration/memory is probably because of the long half lives of half the other pills your taking and or your taper.

You will find that once you get your taper sorted your memory and concentration will improve.

Why not give yourself a break from the benzos - your poor concentration/memory is probably because of the long half lives of half the other pills your taking and or your taper.

You will find that once you get your taper sorted your memory and concentration will improve.
Ironically, when I was down to 10mg Diazepam per day for a while (The longest I'd ever been at a low dose daily Benzo) my memory was worse than ever! I used to sporadically and extremely heavily abuse Benzos, then cold turkey - *Repeat cycle etc.. for several Years before trying sensible tapers, and as crazy as it sounds, my memory was better when I used to intermittently abuse.

Maybe it's those days just catching up with me.. I also need to stop messing with all these new RC Benzos.. :/

I do attribute a large part of my memory/concentration problems to Benzos and Weed.

Any more help/advice guys?

Modafanil or one of the RC versions is what I'm thinking.. Adrafinil (Although I've heard this is a complete Liver wrecker!) Flmodafinil - I know hardly anything about either, and the info on the web is very limited. Yes, that is the correct spelling.

Best to leave alone. As it was already said and from my own experience, quit it for 2-3 weeks and your memory will serve you well.

Any more help/advice guys?

Modafanil or one of the RC versions is what I'm thinking.. Adrafinil (Although I've heard this is a complete Liver wrecker!) Flmodafinil - I know hardly anything about either, and the info on the web is very limited. Yes, that is the correct spelling.

Only thing Modafinil is good for, is in keeping you awake. I gave up on it even for that purpose. Despite being able to keep me awake, I still felt tired, so... It wasn't a really helpful from my PoV. You can maybe look into Meldonium and similar? There are quite few medication available in eastern EU and Asia, which cannot be find in USA/Western EU, which could maybe help you. If you search for Meldonium you will probably find needed info for these too.

But as other already mentioned, benzos do imply consequences, and what you described, your memory issues on 10 mg of Diazepam 'for a while', doesn't contradicts to anything. That is not a small dosis, and your body already got used to higher one.

benzos affect everything you mention because for the simple fact its slows you down
stay off benzos for a few weeks if you are NOT dependent on them and youll see things go back to normal
adderall is another option but if you have anxiety itll prob make it worse

benzos affect everything you mention because for the simple fact its slows you down
stay off benzos for a few weeks if you are NOT dependent on them and youll see things go back to normal
adderall is another option but if you have anxiety itll prob make it worse
I know you're right. I suppose I just want the best of both worlds;To have my anxiety under control (Masked) by using various Benzodiazepines but without having to deal with the other negative cognitive effects that come with their use.

There is no way I could just jump off to see if I am or not dependent, as I know I am. 7 Years of on/off use (Mostly on and heavy use) has left me but with no other option than to slowly taper. Luckily I have plenty of various Benzos to hopefully see me through a slow, steady taper; Including some long acting varieties. such as Diazepam, Diclazepam, FlubromazePAM, Nifoxipam, Norflurazepam, Meclonazepam. And also some short & intermediate acting Benzos etc etc..

Although tbh, I only know Diazepam/Diclazepam and Flubromazepam have proven long half lives. Not so sure about the others.. FlubromazoLAM has a long half life but is far too strong mg-mg to taper with I think..

Last edited:
I know you're right. I suppose I just want the best of both worlds;To have my anxiety under control (Masked) by using various Benzodiazepines but without having to deal with the other negative cognitive effects that come with their use.

There is no way I could just jump off to see if I am or not dependent, as I know I am. 7 Years of on/off use (Mostly on and heavy use) has left me but with no other option than to slowly taper. Luckily I have plenty of various Benzos to hopefully see me through a slow, steady taper; Including some long acting varieties. such as Diazepam, Diclazepam, FlubromazePAM, Nixfoipam, Norflurazepam etc etc..

so basically you are trying to have your cake and eat it too lol
ive been there on benzo and addy combo it worked wonders for me
the first time i felt the rush while i was calm and super focused i was hooked instantly but nothing last forever
my body and mindset eventually took its toll

but do keep in mind the shitty attention span, short term mem loss and everything else you mentioned is due to the benzos
hell if i take a benzo more than 3 days straight ill literally forget things almost instantly

guess you have to see what is more important to you, dont ever think you wont go back to before you started benzo's because you can itll just take time, patience and dedication to a taper

Well, ordered a small sample of Modafinil (Modalert 10 x 200mg tablets) & also 10 x 150mg tablets of Armodafinil to be used sparingly.

I'm not really a fan of uppers/stimulants. I also suffer with crippling anxiety and insomnia but have been taking various Benzos to keep a band aid on that.

I need to taper my benzo use right down so that I can feel the therapeutic effects of Benzos again before I try any of the above medications. So, if the 'finils' are exacerbating my symptoms, the benzos may provide some relief.

I know you all point to my Benzo use as being my main focus/concentration problem, which I agree most definitely impairs me. But I've had the poor focus/concentration since a young child (Way way before I'd even heard of drugs) So maybe something went undiagnosed when I were a child?? The scholl teachers would always say to my parents " He just switches off "

Friends have told me they get no anxiety, no problems sleeping, just a clear headed awake-focused feeling.