• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Dosing Medical weed doses

blockbusterparty

Bluelighter
So, I recently became a mmj Pt which probably wasn’t my greatest decision ever for a number of reasons.

However, in the state where I live, the total “allowance” per month. On a rolling basis, is 36 g of THC or 120 G of flower, which ever you hit sooner, I think.

I’ve come to learn that, particularly at this point in my life THC has a very negative impact on me, besides in a few ways, but that’s neither here nor there. ☺️ I am just wondering if people find the 36 g of THC per rolling mo a reasonable amount. I mean, I can see if one has cancer, or maybe grand mail seizures and has built up a tolerance but for your average user…?? It just seems a lot.

Then again, I know very little about weed, so I really don’t know what would be a “normal” amount of use. Do most med cannibis users go through their supply of THC in a month? And is it typically around 36 g THC on a rolling basis?

Just curious…won’t get into my situation which is oh-so-very-complicated.

use as much as you need, you don't need to use everything you are prescribed.

tolerance does build, so what is required now, in the future will not give you the same effect without using more.

120g/month equates to 4g/day.

I'm sure there are pretty few people who smoke more than an 1/8th of weed a day. When I was around 20 years old there was a period when I was smoking about an 1/8th a day due to benzo use (my tolerance for drugs seems to skyrocket on benzos, they become much harder to feel). At 25%+ THC by weight -- which is a frequent analytical result/claim on the labeling of high end flower -- an 1/8th would contain around 1 gram of THC. That is a tremendous amount for a person to consume on a daily basis. Medically prescribed doses are nowhere that high. Consuming a gram a day of THC is a great way to develop cannabis hyperemesis syndrome.

Personally I use only around 100mg of flower/night.

Maybe my stoner math is wrong but 120g a month is a fucking quarter pound. 28g in an oz, 28gx4 is 112g. So actually a little more than a QP.

Especially if it is medical grade, that is an insane amount of weed for someone with low tolerance. Like assclass said, just because you have a script for it doesn't mean you have to smoke that much. You could prolly smoke less than 1g per day and still be high as shit all the time. Baby steps. lol

I also think the allowance is very high 10 gms per day while usually a 3 hour hit is 10mg, or 40mg for 12 hours. I have a bottle with ~500 mg thc in it and it lasts me 3 weeks to 6 weeks.
Tolerance must set in when it is used medicinally. Fog must roll in as well.

Wow!! 36grams smoked…..That’s roughly = to about 8-9 grams of edibles a day? I don’t smoke (it gives me anxiety) but low-end edibles work fantastically (2-6mg doses). I cannot even fathom, for example, taking 2,000mgs of edibles 4x a day. Ofcourse I’m rather sensitive to THC but not at all sensitive to stimulants lol. Hell, even at low THC doses, I also take them with CBD.

Last edited:
300-333.33 mg thc plus the random few hits of weed and kief here and there. and of course edibles whenever possible.... I am a bit behind (look at my join date).....what is cannabis hyperemesis? (yes im about to google it don't worry). I was still blissfully unaware too much was doable (*cough snoop dogg/willie nelson etc?). Also negrogesic, definitely agree benzos lend heavily to smoking large amounts...

well no nausea but abdominal pain, more likely from other things. Like the stab wound in my gut or even more likely good old sub probs......but thanks for throwing the phrase out there I will look for it and try and stay reasonably low. (as if that barrier didn't dissolve awhile ago) lol-ish.

Okay I feel better reading this thread. Like, I need to avoid large amounts of THC anyway for reasons I won’t get into here but I am not well-versed in the world of cannabis so didn’t know if it was normal to go through this much.

I did just learn about Rick Simpson Oil, which uses a ton of cannabis, so I wonder if that is part of the reason the allowance is so high? (Pun intended).

Okay I feel better reading this thread. Like, I need to avoid large amounts of THC anyway for reasons I won’t get into here but I am not well-versed in the world of cannabis so didn’t know if it was normal to go through this much.

I did just learn about Rick Simpson Oil, which uses a ton of cannabis, so I wonder if that is part of the reason the allowance is so high? (Pun intended).
Thats part of it.

Many using cannabis purely as medicine use very high volumes. Example, a friend of mine has stomach cancer and he uses about 10 grams a day in flower, 3grams per day of FECO/RSO, and at night either uses 500mg edibles and or a few grams of hash.

Now with that being said, I'm a geneticist br trade and have been growing cannabis almost my whole life. I also formulate products for other companies etc.

I absolutely love cannabis, but with that being said I go months without even touching anything other than cbd tin tures I make.

And when I do smoke I prefer flower, and I only microdose throughout the day for chronic pain due to a nasty leg/knee break. I might use on average about 1 gram per day.

When I increase olume just to enjoy, some days I may smoke a lil more than an 1/8th.

Which alot of my friends seems odd because I'm in possession of ALOT of cannabis 365 days a year.

@Endopharm
how many milligrams of THC then would you say you are usually getting from your various delicacies in a day?
I wonder if some of us are thinking about the weight of weed or hash and some are thinking about the specific THC component only.

Mist of the cannabis I use is in the 18-26% thc range. So it'll vary on use and method.

I also use tinctures that I get specific doses of thc, cbd or cbn. And then sometimes I'm using tinctures that contain all three or other combinations.

So it's pretty pointless to guess, and I'm not worried about it at all. As stated I go long periods without any cannabinoids too.

I forgot to mention I use edibles too and depending on what I want, 25-75mg is perfect for me. But I also have sleep issues so I'll usually add in about 5mg of cbn(cannabinol)

Too many variables to guess.

G-Chem Thanks, that is exactly the kind of info that I did not read. I mean hot showers always feel good? anything in specific im looking for? I have a feeling it is one of those you'd know if you felt it type thing but I have never had the least concern about cannabis overuse and I am definitely the chronic. Would hate to mess with such a beautiful thing by being a total glutton and managing to abuse weed. 1st!!! jk lol

pupnik-- I mean mg THC per day. objective within 10 percent. It is exciting to be able to get these #'s even close to accurate. At least for me...

Yea cancer patients are recommended 1g of RSO a day or more. I could only do 250mg or so on top of all the other cannabis I was consuming, and that made me feel high as shit. You know I love living just as much as the next guy but if I’m so high that I can hardly walk let alone use a vehicle, well I’m good on that lol.

-GC

arrghh, I am not getting it, @Endopharm are you using 750-1000 mg THC per day or up to a gram of hash?
so no more 5-10 mg euphorias?
@smokeymcpot42088 - you are consuming 1/3 the drug that endopharm consumes, and at least ten times what I consume.
I guess there is some tolerance going on big time in both cases.
but this is probably normal too in the forum, I am a light user.

Also, im considered a light user as well.

Moderate use would be up around 1500mg and heavy use would be 3000mg plus

ok re-reading you seem to understand what you are saying......but no way is 1,000 mg thc per day a light user?? ive been smokin every day since i was like 15 and im almost 40 now and no way am I still a light smoker. Or f'in good on me.........where are you getting youre light-moderate-chronic #'s from. I am almost sure someone is counting flower as mgs by weight before realizing thc content, finding mg per/g or whatever. If not holy wa this country is smoking ALOT OF THC.

pupnik- I find all of it possible except considering 700-1k mg thc daily a light smoker. Just no, not possible, as you point out by if my top of the head math is correct dude is smoking 30 times more than you and still is only moderate? Can't be?

Last edited: