Mental Health Medical Information On Obscure Prescriptions?

SoberX

Greenlighter
Basically I live in Canada, I'm disabled due to severe and abnormal brain injuries and the only temporary fixes the medical team has found over the course of a full 18 years of trying everything is a heavy dose of various pills including a few VERY sketchy ones. Also yes pot was tried as a last-ditch effort but it doesn't actually work for me and thus was scrapped.

The reason I'm posting is because my entire medical team can't give me the most basic of information on a handful of these medications. I want to know effective dosage, bio availability, health risks, potential interactions so I don't accidentally die. I just want as much medical information on my medications as possible and to actually have someone explain to me what it is I'm ingesting. Even if you happen to be wrong, a wrong answer is better than being left in the dark wondering if the next day will be your last not from anything you did but from an injury.

The pills the medical team has trouble finding info on are
0.5mg Etizolam each night
75mg Flurazepam twice daily

Then the pills my doctors do know a lot about are
22.5mg dextroamphetamine each morning
1000mg Epival 2x daily
100mg Zoloft each morning
3mg Xanax once daily as needed
200 doses of Dilantin for emergency purposes

All of my other prescriptions are much less potentially dangerous and basically I'm just posting to ask for any info on these drugs.

Also to be 100% clear, this is only about the medical effects of these medications. While I won't delete any comments, do keep in mind this is about sharing medical information that is hard to find. This is not about trying to get intoxicated, legally or not, nor is this about breaking the law. Keep it civil and educational.

EDIT - The potential for overdose is always present in dangerous medications, so PLEASE never take ANY prescription medication without a prescription and NEVER take more or less than directed for the sake of both yourself and humanity at large.

If anyone posts a description of a lethal interaction such that people know to avoid accidentally doing it, do not attempt it intentionally. Suicide is wrong, and within the context of assisted dying or euthanasia this way of going about it is completely inhumane and must be avoided at all costs.

Last edited:
I have moved this thread over from Pillreports - Mods, I wasn't sure if this would be the best place or maybe 'Healthy Living' as they have a lot of people dealing with day to day prescribed medicines.

The pills the medical team has trouble finding info on are
0.5mg Etizolam each night
75mg Flurazepam twice daily.

Etizolam is similar to Xanax in terms of the nature of its effects, duration of action and potency (it is generally regarded to be a bit weaker than Alprazolam, but stronger than Lorazepam... I believe the general consensus is that 2mg of Xanax equals about 3 mg of Etiz)
Flurazepam is primarily used as a hypnotic, and is not particularly potent on a per-miligram basis (75 mg should initially be equivalent to between 1.5 and 3 mg of Alprazolam), but it has a very long-acting metabolite that is going to stay active in your body for days, and which is naturally going to accumulate if you're using it on a daily basis.

Im not gunna lie the way your post reads kind of sounds like how I was talking before I attempted suicide. Especially the bizarre wording and refering to last ditch effort and the general hopelessness "18 years with out results" and clarifying you want to know about drug interactions for drugs notorious for suicide attempts for medical purposes yet you never specifu what medical purposes. I am not trying to burst your buble here im just considered. Anyone experiencing suicidal thoughts should seek immediate medical help even if thats going to the hospital.

Basically you have one upper one pain killer one anticonvulsant and benzos.

However, dont take zoloft with amphetamine zoloft inhibits the enzyme that breaks it down and youll experience anxiety on a whole new level.

Also alprazolam , etizolam, and flumazepam as prevously said are basically the same just different strenths per pill depending on dose you can just type in benzodiazepine conversion chart

Lastly taking hydromorphone with any of . Thos three drugs increases the chances ofyiu havi g trouble breathing

Amphetamine even by it self can make your race and bloodpressure shoot up my therapist has a heart condition where if he take any he gets arthymias so id be careful

Well for meds prescribed in Canada check out the drug product database here . None of the meds you mentioned are what i would call obscure. A note about Dilantin it is a enzyme inducer so it can fuck with the metabolism of other drugs. You certainly don't want to fuck with Epival levels as too much can be toxic and too little won't work. What are you taking the Dilantin for anyway? Unless you absolutely need it for Epilepsy unresponsive to newer meds with less side effects i would suggest trying something else. It's not used as a first line treatment anymore in Canada and tends to only be used when all the more common meds don't work. One of it's possible side effects is a worsening of depression and suicidal thoughts so if you have a mood disorder that's one reason to avoid it.