• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids media question on opioids and pain (US)

LiviaG

Greenlighter
News reporter here, looking for US opioid users who might be willing to talk with me for stories I'm working on. Basically, I'm hoping to find sources in two categories:

-Pain patients who can't get the physical therapy or other hands-on medical help they'd like and therefore end up on more opioid medications than they'd prefer.
-Chronic pain sufferers who've been cut off from their meds due to strict prescribing guidelines and have to seek out medicines on the black market.

Please message me if you fall into either category and would be willing to share your story. If you want to see the kind of stuff I do before deciding whether to contact me, it's here and here.

Many thanks!

That's a bit different... I think this fits not only here, but basic drug discussions

This is inappropriate; these are strangers, anonymous internet claims are not a ? news item, and if somehow you got someone to get on camera in a large media market, they may end up up with legal action against them

Personally think this should be closed; verify yourself with a senior Mod like CFC and etc. Via Pn, and go from there

INHO, blah- DEA pressure and new scripting practices cause trouble, and occasionally make people suffer needlessly;

This is not the outlet, and frankly a bit shady

Hi Lorne. I appreciate your concern and agree there's always a danger of people being exposed or exploited by media. Just to clarify, I did write to the official BL email address and get permission before posting on the board. I'm also a print reporter, not TV, for what that's worth, and I hoped that including links to my work would let people judge my intentions for themselves before replying. What I'm trying to do is find potential sources who are willing to speak with me outside this message board--I'm not planning to quote anonymous forum posts. That said, of course I understand many people wouldn't want to talk with me for this!

She's been approved lorne, she talked to Ali. But I don't think this is the place for it, more suited to drug culture.

^ Sorry to bother ya tubbs, Just had to be sure

All
Apolgies, friend/journalist
- Lorne???

Ali makes press and media register as members and turns them loose in the forums. She did link articles and her (alleged) identity.

That doesn't mean Ali vets them, so normal cautions apply (how else, would he select "authorized" members?).

But there are plenty of BL members who aren't shy about their IRL ID, and happy to go on camera/web article blurb on the record. Or meet in a dark parking garage to hand over documentsl

I am none of those things and don't fit the criteria--I'm a guy who seems to be in chronic pain but I just bitch and use other hard drugs instead.

I think it's fine to have a single thread here.