• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Mecke test on crystal

Manbearpig82

Greenlighter
Hi, new here - so hopefully this thread is in the right place. I have a query about a mecke test I did on some crystal and wanted to know what info people could offer.

First, a description of the crystal itself:

It came in a large shard with smaller crystal shards off it. It was very hard - sort of reminded me of a shard of marble. It was light brown/clear in colour. Looked and tasted like good stuff to me (me stupidly assuming that buying crystal would guarantee that it would actually contain mdxx!).

Effects:

Me and some friends took some - just as a small test. No doubt that it kept us awake and more talkative. Also made my pupils big. But, I was suspicious because I just didnt have any of the super love/empathy/dancing vibe. Also, on visits to the bathroom I noticed that I was ever so slightly trippy (no one else noticed this - but I tend to be super sensitive to even mildly trippy substances (still enjoy them though!)).

Finally, the test:

Being suspicious I got a hold of some mecke solution. here's what happened:-

- Slight bubbling
- Slow reaction turning to Yellow (about 10-15 secs)
- After 15 secs it went Brown

Has anyone any idea what this would be (from descriptions and test)? It has left me severely pissed off because, having accepted that 90% of pills on mainland UK are now pips/mcpp/bzp shit, I thought that 'mdma' crystal would a big improvement. The only thing I've seen that shows this kind of reaction on mecke is DXM. I'm not sure if DXM can be made into lookalike mdma crystals or not??? Anyway, if anyone can shed some light, it would be much appreciated.

New Years Eve tonight - and I just know we're gonna end up taking all this shit regardless!

Also, as an aside: is there simply no way to test the actual strength of mdma in a pill? I had some that showed immediate purple to black with mecke but just weren't that strong when I took them.

^ I used Marquis on pure crystal last night.

it turned INSTANTLY black the second the drop hit it.

dude its fake - or not MDMA or something + MDMA (prob meth). brown = the color reaction of some MDMA + speed. but based on your taste test its prob a RC. don't take it.

pure MDMA powder when tested goes DARK JET BLACK in one second.

Hi, new here - so hopefully this thread is in the right place. I have a query about a mecke test I did on some crystal and wanted to know what info people could offer.

Welcome to Bluelight! :)

First, a description of the crystal itself:

It came in a large shard with smaller crystal shards off it. It was very hard - sort of reminded me of a shard of marble. It was light brown/clear in colour. Looked and tasted like good stuff to me (me stupidly assuming that buying crystal would guarantee that it would actually contain mdxx!).

Effects:

Me and some friends took some - just as a small test. No doubt that it kept us awake and more talkative. Also made my pupils big. But, I was suspicious because I just didnt have any of the super love/empathy/dancing vibe. Also, on visits to the bathroom I noticed that I was ever so slightly trippy (no one else noticed this - but I tend to be super sensitive to even mildly trippy substances (still enjoy them though!)).

Finally, the test:

Being suspicious I got a hold of some mecke solution. here's what happened:-

- Slight bubbling
- Slow reaction turning to Yellow (about 10-15 secs)
- After 15 secs it went Brown

Has anyone any idea what this would be (from descriptions and test)? It has left me severely pissed off because, having accepted that 90% of pills on mainland UK are now pips/mcpp/bzp shit, I thought that 'mdma' crystal would a big improvement. The only thing I've seen that shows this kind of reaction on mecke is DXM. I'm not sure if DXM can be made into lookalike mdma crystals or not??? Anyway, if anyone can shed some light, it would be much appreciated.

New Years Eve tonight - and I just know we're gonna end up taking all this shit regardless!

Also, as an aside: is there simply no way to test the actual strength of mdma in a pill? I had some that showed immediate purple to black with mecke but just weren't that strong when I took them.

So this crystal you got was one large shard, like ice (methamphetamine)? That's interesting. The yellow on Mecke does mean DXM or possibly MBDB (http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_faq_testing_kits.shtml), but I've never seen DXM in shards (that doesn't mean it can't happen, I'm not a chemist). I don't see anything about a brown reaction for Mecke except for the reddish-brown reaction to 2CI (see above link). Usually you only see brown in Marquis (an indicator of amp).

You have to be extra careful when buying molly. Almost any type of crystal/shard/powder can be manufactured and passed off as molly, it takes considerably more effort to press a pill.

And no, there is no way to test the actual strength of pills/molly with a testing kit. It can only tell you what compounds might (or might not) be present. Hope this helps! :)

Last edited:
Manbearpig, it sounds like it was one of the following common RCs: mephedrone, methylone, butylone, ethylone, MBDB, or 4-fluoroamphetamine.

Do you have any other reagents other than Mecke?

Here's what I've gathered are reaction colors for some common entactogens and stimulants.

Mecke
--------

amphetamine: (2) orange/brown
MBDB: (1) yellow
methylone: (2) yellow (3) "Was a fairly bright yellow/green to start and then over a minute or so changed to orange then brownish."
MDMA: (2) dark blue/black
MDA: (2) dark blue/black

Marquis
----------
MBDB: (1) "Dark brown to black" (4) deep bluish purple
methylone: (1) yellow (4) bright yellow
MDA: (5) brown
MDMA: (5) deep bluish purple
amphetamine: (6) bright orange
mephedrone: (7) yellow (8) pale pink (9) yellow (10) yellow
flephedrone: (9) yellow
4-fluoroamphetamine: (9) light orange/brown
butylone: (10) yellow

Simons
---------

MDMA: (2) deep blue
MDA: (2) no reaction
amphetamine: (2) no reaction
methamphetamine: (2) deep blue
methylone: (4) magenta

Thanks for the info guys - very, very helpful. Unfortunately, I dont have any more testing kits other than mecke, but Ive got the full range ordered!

I'd never heard of methylone or MDBD. Up until recently I'd always enjoyed the ignorant bliss of never having to really worry about what was in pills - I always had a great time with the classic mdma buzz. I only got interested in pill contents when I took a Superman pill in sept and had a terrible trippy experience and horrible comedown. Since then its pretty much been shit pills all the way.

From the experience and the test i'm pretty sure what we had was:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylenedioxymethcathinone

OR

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MBDB

Thanks again for the info. I'm off it all until i see a black test again.

i have experienced meth a few times, and its actually kinda sounding appealing after reading this forum. i just had a good time when i did it. it was really really clean, and easily insufflating with no problemo's.. The next time i get in contact with it tho, i am def wanting to smoke it. prob cant find any m around where i live :(