• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

MDPV how worried should I be

deadman1

Greenlighter
have had maybe 9 hours of sleep in the past 3 days didnt know how strong this shit was the bath salt ive been using is called kush blitz 250mg packets. I assumed it would be like street coke but it blows that away. Snorted and smoked it. Enjoyed it very much but now my heart has me worried besides the fact im paranoid.

Im extremely aware of my heart and have some small pain in my chest occasionally. It feels like its beating a mile a minute but its only 90bpm its been just like this for 3 days

Im trying not to go to the hospital because im 18

Why did you assume it would be like street coke? Anyways we have no way of knowing what chemical or mix thereof you have been taking as brand name preparations don't tell you and the ingredients differ from place to place and even the exact same name bought at the exact same place might change over time.

Try to stay hydrated, eat some food if you can, stay calm, and get some sleep. If you have a friend who you can have come stay with you to make sure you don't get any worse and who can calm you down that often helps. Some people will recommend benzos or other meds but I personally wouldn't take anything I hadn't tried before.

Im trying not to go to the hospital because im 18
Well if you really think you need to go I wouldn't let your age stop you.

amapola makes some good points. I'd like to reiterate that you find someone to help keep you calm. A calm person is best - not someone who's gonna panic and get you even more wound up. If you can't find anyone you'll just have to deal without for now.

I've been in your situation on different substances. Its not nice but it does pass. I'm torn between trying to keep you calm and being safe. To be 100% safe I'd recommend you go to the hospital but on the other hand that's not always the best course of action as it can cause a whirlwind of social issues down the line.

If you're relatively healthy, with no obvious heart conditions then I'd be more inclined to stay home and try and chill out. Get off the computer as it won't help you relax.

Your focus on your heart is VERY common. I've known a lot of people get it on weed, coke, speed, etc, etc. It can become a obsession. Tends to be worse on stimulants because it beats faster and you're overly focused. Half of your issue is in your head. Distract yourself - do something else. Don't sit there thinking about your heart. If it helps measure your heart rate first while lay down for a couple of minutes. I dont' know your age but lets say you're 25. A gentle run would get your heart up to ~140. A heavy run about 170. If you're in the 'heavy run' category then I'd go to a hospital. If you're in the 'gentle run' category I'd monitor yourself and check again in 10mins while completely at rest! It's important you check your BPM rested as your heart rate can bloom to 90bpm from just standing up or sitting down. I'd guess your heart rate is more likely around 80-90bpm. Which is elevated but not life threatening.

Some important points:
Don't drink tea or coffee (or anything caffeinated).
Don't do any more stims.

I'm pretty sure you'll be okay but if you do get overly paranoid or upset just go to the hospital.

I've done some reading on it after my friend had some issues with "Blizzard" and the hospitals used benzos to treat people. It only referenced 2 cases, so it's by no means and open and shut recommendation.

It seems like people get themselves worked up about the side effects and that just exacerbates the problems. Try to relax, but if things get worse go to the hospital. Medical bills or other social consequences should be at the bottom of your priorities when it comes to your health.

The truth is, you should not be worried at all -- it's the MDPV making you worried. Suppose you weren't on MDPV at all and having physical symptoms you didn't like, instead of being worried you might just go get them treated -- right?

So the real answer is: You don't need to be worried at all. Either to stop using it and calm down, or use it and accept "whatever is going to happen to my heart/body, is going to happen".

Which is usually the case when *not* doing MDPV anyway, only you don't think about it as much. It's only the MDPV making you think about your body a lot. The answer (really!) is to stop thinking about it. Get your mind involved in something, and take it off your body.

Peace...

As someone said, there's no way to know for sure what you had. But I think you're probably right about it being MDPV, it does sound familiar to other reports.

I think the best thing to do is just lie in bed with some music, just trying to exert yourself as little as possible. Eat some (healthy) food because I'm pretty sure your body needs it. It also makes me a little more 'relaxed' when I've eaten something, stimmed or sober but that could be just placebo.

If you have any benzos you should take that, they're used to treat amphetamine overdoses so they'll probably help here too. And ofcourse they'll help you fall asleep which I think is a good idea for you right now :D

And like other people said: don't avoid the hospital because you're scared of consequences, your health is really important. Besides, most hospitals would probably just give you some benzos, check your pulse, BP, heartrate etc and if you're not in danger they'll send you home.

edit: yeah, the "I'm aware of my heartbeat"-feeling is very common with stims. It's called palpitations but those are usually not dangerous, they're just a sideffect that can be caused by stims. The pain in chest feeling is something you should be a little more caurious about tho, you've been abusing your heart pretty bad. If it's not very painfull or frequent just wait it out, it'll go away after a while. If it hurts alot or if it's constantly there it's best to look for some medical help (or benzos I guess)

Last edited:
^^ Yes, that's the thing with hospitals (ER's in particular), but I suspect one has to learn that through experience. ER's don't do much for drug-related issues, unless there's really a heart attack or something similar occurring.

IME, most of the time (probably 99 percent) going to the ER for a drug related matter is a waste of one's own time and theirs. They will not be sympathetic, understanding or comforting.

The best thing to do is to *stop doing the drug causing the problems*. If you have to, flush it. Then go to the ER after you come down, if your heart is still paining.

Last edited:
IME, most of the time (probably 99 percent) going to the ER for a drug related matter is a waste of one's own time and theirs. They will not be sympathetic, understanding or comforting.

Yeah, I've never been to a hospital for a drugrelated matter before but I wouldn't expect them to be compassionate for some 'dirty junkie' lol :D

The best thing to do is to *stop doing the drug causing the problems*. If you have to, flush it. Then go to the ER after you come down, if your heart is still paining.

And yeah that one's common sense but it propably needs to be said anyway. http://icanhasimage.com/images/drcxlcmbnfdubsszi9.png ;)

Debeet said:
The other 1 percent of the time they save your life or prevent you from suffering permanent damage.

The third day is usually the day I freak out too, just put it down and sleep for like 18 hours, drink water when you wake up to use the bathroom, and eat something good when you finally get up and you should feel better, always worked for me.

Sorry to double post but I just realized its been three more days, hope OP is ok.

mod note: feel free to use the edit button instead :) -> posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:
probably finally getting some good sleep

wtf is this stuff anyway? never heard of it in the uk

legal meth basically, like mephedrone and all the other rc's but just mix it up with god knows what for cut and dont tell you whats in it and sell it labeled as bath salts and stain remover and plant feeder, its pretty psychologically addictive and very unhealthy, had a few binges on it myself but I think im finally over it, its gettin banned in my state in May anyways.

ah we call it m-cat here

never had that bad effects from it tho but i always had gear for the come down

the mdpv has a little worse crash than mcat in my opinion but thats just me, i fiended it more too.

Where I live there is meph in the bath salts too, when you try a new brand you never know what your gonna get, it could really be anything.

whatever you do don't listen to Dedbeet. I mean seriously dude why would you even comment if you're gonna give such moronic advice. How do you know its only the chemicals making him panic and not the bad effects the chemicals have had on the body. you're pretty much telling the OP not to go to the hospital... if you feel the need to go to the hospital then go to the fucking hospital they will help! as for the whole 99% of the time they don't care I guess I experienced one of those 1% times when they saved my life.

whatever you do don't listen to Dedbeet. I mean seriously dude why would you even comment if you're gonna give such moronic advice. How do you know its only the chemicals making him panic and not the bad effects the chemicals have had on the body. you're pretty much telling the OP not to go to the hospital... if you feel the need to go to the hospital then go to the fucking hospital they will help! as for the whole 99% of the time they don't care I guess I experienced one of those 1% times when they saved my life.

With this chemical its mostly paranoia and increased attention to your heart rate, which if measured is usually in a semi-normal range for stimulants, just feels like its going a mile a minute, too bad that its a week later and we havent heard anything back from him, wonder if he went or not. I think alot of people just dont want to go in there like, "Hey, I bought this stuff, that says not for human consumption, I dont know the ingredients, but i snorted/smoked/injected a whole lot of it, I started doing it three days ago and havent stopped since even to sleep,now i think im dying." I know I didnt when i was freaking out on my third day of no sleep on that stuff.

Whenever I go to ER after not sleeping for four days and night it is always the first question they ask if I have been using stimulants or research chemicals during that perioid even though they have in my records a statement that I can get nosleep phases for that long on manic state. Seems that amp and rc binges has landed here too.

Well, fine, if you feel you need to go to the hospital, go to the hospital. I'm only relating my personal experiences in going to the hospital over drug related matters... it has turned out to be even more stressful on my heart in the long run, and they tend to never give benzos or anything else to relax you.

What they give you is a sheet of paper saying "Stop using the drug and attend NA meetings" and then tell you to leave. If that's the advice you're looking for, go to the hospital. Or just to get your heart checked briefly, OK.