• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs MDPBP - 3',4'-Methylenedioxy-α-pyrrolidinobutiophenone

LaGaFàNi

Bluelighter
MDPBP - IUPAC: (RS)-1-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)-2-(1-pyrrolidinyl)-1-butanone

So this seems to have been sold in E pills during the 90's in Europe, and has made some appearances on RC sites eversince, w/out ever becoming a big hitter.
AFAIK it's less stimy than MDPV, and less potent by weight than a-PBP. One report stated 400mg(!??), while other report 20-30mg by NI.
Anyway:
Any experiences, knowledge and opinions to share about this?

Wiki

Last edited:
'... sold under the name NRG-1'

shortly after banning of cathinones in the UK, websites which formerly sold mephedrone began churning out replacements lauded as meph 2.0. one of the first ones to hit the the estores was nrg-1, i personallu never tried it but i had a friend who consumed his usual meph dose who described it as lacking euphoria yet hugely stimulating, to the point of being so uncomfortable he had his first ever panic attack, and iirc didn't manage to get to sleep until about two/three days later.

so, yeah, would avoid!

Well "NRG"s are known for being a big mess up of cathinones, with no regards to the potential harms of mixing them. Only just this NRG2 was known to contain MDPV, flephedrone, 4-MEC, Butylone, etc. Who knows what he stumbled upon!
Do you maybe know for how long he consumed it ?

I believe that 'MDPBP' has appeared over the years in various structural isomers without any formal distinction being made between them.
One RC vendor is currently listing 1-(1,3-benzodioxol-5-yl)-3-pyrrolidin-1-ylpentan-1-one as 3,4-MD-a-PBP but gives very little information.

Over the years, it has been reported as being everything from the mythical 'tan MDPV' in which a 'pinch' yielded very strong and euphoric results to being a mediocre substitute of a-PBP.

If somebody with a little more understanding of such chemistry could help shed some light on this, it would be very much appreciated.
Here are some links that may shed some light on this.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/706060-Have-I-found-the-legendary-quot-Tan-MDPV-quot-(MDPBP)
http://www.ecstasydata.org/results.php?start=0&search_field=all&s=mdpbp
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pccompound?cmd=Link&LinkName=pccompound_pccompound&from_uid=71300670

It has also been reported in some post-morterm blood analysis, someone who IV'd a pretty decent amount (no information about dosage, it just says the nanog/cm3 concentration was 10x the "active" dose) died from cardiac arrest, which leads me to think it's very probably cardiotoxic, or that it releases massive MA amounts.

Do you maybe know for how long he consumed it ?

well it started as a casual mephedrone binge, but than it was cut short after he the shakiness kicked in, plus there was next-to-no euphoria. he slowed down but i think he consumed .4mgs over the course of several hours. nasty stuff.

Last edited: