Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA with LSD

Blueninja

Greenlighter
Hello
A couple of my friends and I want to try MDMA with LSD for the first time.
We have tested both with a kit, yes.
I have taken MDMA numerous times before but I have never taken LSD or Both together.
I basically want to know what am I getting myself into. (Please keep in mind that I am not being pressured against my will, I do want to do it)
What should I expect? How would I feel?
Some people tell me I'm going to see unicorns and stuff and others tell me you only see those with shrooms, and that LSD makes you see patterns and leaves grow, etc. Will I be seeing things talk? Or rainbows?
If its not too much to ask I'd like to read some past experiences that would help.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd.shtml is a good resource with lots of organized information. You should read some trip reports on erowid and here on the bluelight trip report forums.

If you have never taken lsd before, don't mix it with another drug, especially mdma, which can intensify the effects of lsd.

I assume that you have never taken any kind of a psychedelic before given your question about the effects. The psychedelics are misunderstood and there are probably more myths and misconceptions about lsd than any other drug. No, lsd will not make you see unicorns and flying pink elephants. It will not make you think you are a glass of orange juice. It won't make you jump out of a window because you think you can fly. These are things that are classified as "true hallucinations" that may be indistinguishable from reality. Lsd and other psychedelics produce visual effects that are "pseudo-hallucinations". When you see a visual effect while on lsd, you know that it is from the drugs and isn't real.

Lsd will intensify colors, and make you see patterns in textured surfaces. You will see colorful patterns of light in your visual field. Somewhat like looking through a detailed stained glass window, but not quite that much color. Objects may morph slightly. With your eyes closed, you will see moving patterns, shapes, colors. In higher doses, these become 3-dimensional and extremely detailed and you may recognize patterns within the patterns. (bodies, faces, buildings, objects, artworks, etc.)

While people may think of lsd as a visual drug that simply "makes you see stuff", this is not really the case. Yes, the visuals are an important component and can be extremely intense, but the mental part of the trip is just as important if not more important. Some psychedelic drugs are mainly visual, but lsd has profound mental effects. While the visuals can be explained reasonably well, the headspace is difficult, or perhaps impossible to describe. You may feel unusual emotions, think about things in from different perspectives, or experience a different relation to the outside world. These effects must be experienced to be understood.

Read here for more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychedelic_experience

If you decide to take lsd, make sure that you are in a good mood and have no responsibilities for the next 24 hours or so. Take it in a familiar, positive environment. These two factors, set and setting, are the most important determinants in if you have a good trip or not. If you take lsd when you are depressed or anxious, these feelings will be amplified and the result could be unpleasant. If you take them in a positive mood with close friends in a comfortable environment, the trip can be wonderful.

Also, you should have a sober sitter to watch you when you take the drug for the first time. Start with a low dose at first. The effects should first kick in about 45 after first dosing and reach a peak by the 90 minute mark. The effects will plateau at this level for around 4-6 hours and then gradually decline over the next 2-6 hours. You should be down by 12 hours and completely sober by 16-18 hours. Dose will obviously affect this somewhat. The timeline I described is typical of a 100 microgram dose for me.

Last edited:
Thank you for your help! I ended up taking a tab of just lsd without mdma. Way different than I expected it to be but it was fun! It was amazing feeling the colors and stuff, but I could see how mixing the MDMA with LSD would be a little too intense for the first time.

You definitely needed to try LSD before doing combinations. Glad you had fun! Lots of people do mix the two. The official term is called candy flipping! You can try searches on this combination and decide wither you want to try it. I've always wanted to try them together but I haven't....yet! :) happy flipping.

my first trip on LSD (or any psychedelic for that matter) was also my first roll. 3-4 hits and 2 points. incredible, yet very intense experience. wouldn't recommend it, I was just lucky to be in a good environment with another friend in the same exact position. ive done it my fair share of times but wont be doing it again any time soon because of a bad experience. just know what you are getting into, and make sure what you are taking is what it is sold as, or you may be in for a surprise. I mixed mdma with a suspected DOx sold as LSD and as such I took wayyy too much of both. near SS and hyperthermia for a bit with convulsions, fully aware of it all. freaky shit. whole experience lasted several days, without sleep. so be careful. I would say 1 hit and a point is perfect, as it can be fun yet enlightening. messing around with higher doses of both increases the risk of accidents, especially for those inexperienced with psychadelics. even messed it up for me and I have done both together many times.

I would recommend if you do it don't rail the molly, just parachute or pop it. just my 2 cents. maybe do it at a music festival or something in the open where you can just enjoy the vibes and atmosphere. it can be one hell of an experience so be careful and enjoy!

Yeah, from my experience, candy flipping with much more than 150ug of lsd tends to make the lsd overwhelm the effects of the mdma.

Like pretty_diamonds previously mentioned. it would be an idea to make sure you are comfortable with lsd and have experience with the chemical, before combining it with mdma.

Got to prefer mixing k with my lsd, but got told if you start with moderate dose of acid and then dose a small amount of mdma 7 hours after it kind of spurs on the acid peak again, therefore getting 2 for the price of 1 <3

Good luck with your Candyflip & godspeed OP! :)

Last edited:
Yeah, from my experience, candy flipping with much more than 150ug of lsd tends to make the lsd overwhelm the effects of the mdma.
agreed. last time i tried candyflipping i took too much acid and not enough mdma. i could barely feel the mdma, it just sort of enhanced my mood a bit.

^ That's a good thing.. IMO haha.

Whenever I take MDMA with psychedelics, I take a FAT dose of the psych and a reasonable dose of MDMA. The MD is really just there to guide my trip, keep me from getting anxious on such a high dose and such. The euphoria you get from a good LSD trip is WAY better than the cheesy serotonin love you get from MDMA anyways, so I have absolutely no problem with overpowering the roll.

and, IMO.. you really don't need to try LSD on it's on first. It may be a good idea, just to get an idea of how it will effect you... but overall, it's almost safer to take LSD with MDMA. It certainly would be MUCH harder to have a bad trip with all those happy chemicals floating around your brain, that's for sure.

^i would have to agree.

i get way more anxious when i take lsd alone.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for helping and shaing your experiences to help me :) I will stay safe and be responsible and I'm sure you guys will too

^ That's a good thing.. IMO haha.

Whenever I take MDMA with psychedelics, I take a FAT dose of the psych and a reasonable dose of MDMA. The MD is really just there to guide my trip, keep me from getting anxious on such a high dose and such. The euphoria you get from a good LSD trip is WAY better than the cheesy serotonin love you get from MDMA anyways, so I have absolutely no problem with overpowering the roll.

and, IMO.. you really don't need to try LSD on it's on first. It may be a good idea, just to get an idea of how it will effect you... but overall, it's almost safer to take LSD with MDMA. It certainly would be MUCH harder to have a bad trip with all those happy chemicals floating around your brain, that's for sure.
most times ive tried candyflipping its been like that where it just keeps you straight. one time, idk if it was the timing or doseage, it was like i was superman for 4 hours 8o

A friend of mine called it an incredibly interesting experience that he never wanted to repeat. He said the entire world looked like an episode of Dr. Katz

Your wrong about not seeing a lot of things i candy flipped the other night, thought it was impossible and just a hollywood over exageration to actually see neon bunnies jumping over houses and have bubbles shoot out of an empty bottle when u squeeze it. No this can happen.... I may have taken more than i should have but when i peaked my whole world melted and was replaced by cartoon neon buildings that talked and bent over into the road when driving past them.... The sky was black with giant neon blue glowing stars and when we drove in the dark while it was snowing we flew away into space and were flying through space and past stars! Best trip ever!

rolls and L are the best combo...def do them both at the same time...just not a ton of both for the first time...

My friend (no really my friend) tried LSD for the first time when he had experience with mdma the other day, and he loved it, but then dropped some mdma about 3 hours in and loved it. He said he was having a bad trip though until he took the mdma. He just wasn't used to the drug honestly.

From what you say DoeJohn it might be a good idea for first time acid trippers to have a little mdma at hand for use if the trip goes wrong.

Your not going to see unicorns and rainbows it's not like what you see on TV lol. If you take a high dose you can get some intense visuals like that but if you've never taken L before I'd stick with 1-2 tabs. 1 tab if youv never tripped on anything, 2 if you know what tripping is like. I took 1.5 tabs the first time I did it and then redosed a tab about two hours later. It's not super strong on 1-2 hits but you'll get some visual distortion like walls breathing, maybe some light CEV, and brighter colors but not anything too crazy if they are average potency. First time I took L, I dosed some Molly about 3-4 hours in and they definitely go great together! It made the roll more euphoric with better visuals and gave me good vibes throughout the trip. I'd say go for it but don't dose too high, iv noticed that whenever I combine L and roll I always get this uneasy chest tension which kinda bothers me.