• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA with Codeine

MoleculeDemons

Greenlighter
I was planning on doing a combo with MDMA & Codeine. I know that both interact with the CYP2D6 enzyme. So my question is will Codeine dull the effects of the MDMA? What should I do?

Yea I wouldn't recommend doing them at the same time. I'd save that codeine for the come down.

One of the hardest and stupidest rolls Iv had was I had been taking hydrocodone, codeine, little bit of Xanax pretty much all day. I remember taking 1.1 g of Molly to the club. And when I got back to the house the next day it weighed up as .2 .

So evidently I had taken 0.9. I was completely out of it I remember feeling good but I also remember being confused and talking to people who weren't there. I wouldn't suggest anybody do that ever. It wasn't unpleasant and I think my tolerance is what kind of saved me from anything too bad.

I wouldn't take them at the same time.

Yea I wouldn't recommend doing them at the same time. I'd save that codeine for the come down.

One of the hardest and stupidest rolls Iv had was I had been taking hydrocodone, codeine, little bit of Xanax pretty much all day. I remember taking 1.1 g of Molly to the club. And when I got back to the house the next day it weighed up as .2 .

So evidently I had taken 0.9. I was completely out of it I remember feeling good but I also remember being confused and talking to people who weren't there. I wouldn't suggest anybody do that ever. It wasn't unpleasant and I think my tolerance is what kind of saved me from anything too bad.

I wouldn't take them at the same time.
Yeah I have been hearing a lot of people saying to take the codeine at the comedown so I will do that. Btw I haven't done MDMA since December last year. I kinda forgot when the comedown is, so how much time after the peak is over will the comedown start?

Yeah I have been hearing a lot of people saying to take the codeine at the comedown so I will do that. Btw I haven't done MDMA since December last year. I kinda forgot when the comedown is, so how much time after the peak is over will the comedown start?
Well the whole roll should last 6-8 hours. I imagine you'd start coming down around the 6hr Mark. That's probably when I'd take the codeine. With clean mdma I get a nice afterglow though and would probably forego the codeine all together.

Good advice from you too. So if I leave the codeine and take Alprazolam instead when and how should I mix the two? I want something to boost my mdma roll. I have a 100mg pill and was wondering.

Good advice from you too. So if I leave the codeine and take Alprazolam instead when and how should I mix the two? I want something to boost my mdma roll. I have a 100mg pill and was wondering.
Alprazolam will only blunt the effects of mdma when mixed together. You should use the Alp on the comedown if at all. It will help with sleep and take some of the edge off. Again, this is essentially "landing gear" and won't synergize that well with MDMA. Same with the codeine. If you've good clean MDMA you should be fine without having to take codeine and/or alprazolam for the comedown. With that said, both would help ease a bad comedown were you to experience one. Also remember, mixing opiates and benzos can cause major respiratory depression and can lead to OD in high amounts. Happy rolling!

I think it was a uniquely UK thing but someone discovered that the weak opioid dextropropoxyphene taken during an MDMA comedown hugely increased levels of extracellular serotonin, Since it was only available as part of a compound analgesic (as an admixture with paracetamol) there were quite a few deaths whose direct cause was dextropropoxyphene toxicity.

Dextropropoxyphene is only described as a 'mild' serotonin reuptake inhibitor but after MDMA, the subjective effects were really powerful. I discovered it myself by accident. I twisted my ankle at a free party and a friend offered me some co-proxamol for pain. I took 3 since that equated to 1050mg of paracetamol.

By the time I got home 20 minutes later, that loved-up feeling had returned in full. No stimulant activity but it really was very euphoric. As euphoric as the MDMA had been 6 hours earlier.

But dextropropoxyphene is cardiotoxic and others who discovered this unexpected effect were taking whole strips of co-proxamol and it proved fatal.

A bit like cyclizine and methadone in that nobody has studied exactly why the combination is so euphoric

Sorry to OT but I was VERY surprised when, lying in bed just trying to sleep I was overtaken by that classic euphoria that high levels of serotonin produce. I stayed awake to enjoy it and it lasted a good 6 hours.