• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA weird high - Hallucinations, blackouts, etc? What was it?

Houseeveryweekend

Greenlighter
Okay. So I went to a DnB/Reggae event earlier this week and took some tested MDMA (crystal form, tested two separate times). In total I took around 700-800mg (I know its too much :( , I normally roll around 400mg in a night and roll once every few months). The high was AMAZING! But it was quite different to what I have had before! I still had empathy/euphoria on a similarish scale to normal. But I was also really, really trippy. Having quite vivid hallucinations of people I knew, thinking other dancers were in police uniform, seeing people looking down on me, my friends hoodie kept 'changing colour.' I also wasn't very energetic, I enjoyed the music and wanted to dance, but i didn't really 'ping' just had a little more energy than had i not rolled. Any ideas as to why this was different? Dont get me wrong, it was amazing! I just would like to 'ping' a bit harder hahaha! Thankyou!

Sounds like you took way too much MDMA. Sensible doses are around 150mg redosing no more than once for a max of 250mg per session, on average.

These kinds of effects are commonly reported with excessive doses of MDMA. Though you should also be aware that test kits can be wrong (though not often), and also that they can't differentiate between MDMA, MDA, MDEA and the X-xAPB series of substances (as far as I know)

With MDMA less is often more. Taking much over a certain threshold, usually about 200mg for most, will actually make you less stimulated, less empathic, more 'monged'.

Be more sensible with dosages next time and test your substances with a few different kinds of tests. Other than that, substance ID threads aren't allowed here.

Last edited:
Unfortunately we can't tell you what you took, and we aren't going to speculate. It's imperative you use a test kit in future to confirm that when you're planning to ingest is actually what you believe it is. It could be anything you consumed a very large amount of.

EDIT: sorry I completely missed the bit where you said it was tested. My bad. You just took a fuckload it would seem.

Last edited:
MDMA is known to be able to cause hallucinations in (too) high doses. Some people are more susceptible than others and weed greatly amplifies this. I for one am very susceptible and have at times seen things more vivid than most of my true hallucinogenic experiences so far. If you want I could look up a post I made a while back desribing them in detail. I get mild hallucinations even on pretty low(ish) doses, about 110mg-120mg or something, if I smoke weed. On the few times I really dosed waaaay too high I also had these very weird blackouts where I was apparently talking to people and conscious but not aware anymore. I snapped out of a blackout sometimes in the middle of a conversation with a stranger so I must have made at least some sense but I couldn't remember where I met that person or how I got in the middle of that conversation

Take less next time.

Last edited: