• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA vs Mephedrone and Reliability of Test Kits

Swim15

Bluelighter
Has anyone ever had issue with test kit reliability before?

Reason I ask is I acquired some supposed MDMA from a good darknet source and a few friends tried it before me with all of them being experienced MDMA users and being blown away by the roll from it on fairly low doses.

I tried it for a recent New Year's Eve event and, likewise, was blown away by the cleanest, smoothest, almost calming roll I've ever had. The dose was low-ish (140mg) with no comedown and no suicide Tuesday feelings whatsoever the days after like I will sometimes get.

I've used relatively good MDMA before (~80-85% purity) up to around 220mg and always leave good amounts of time between rolls (3 months or so just for my own peace of mind and better rolls) and have a fair amount of experience so I would definitely not call myself a novice here.

Granted everyone is different, although my girlfriend had the same experience as me, but after reading up on the pharmacology and user reports, this doesn't sound like a typical mephedrone profile or anywhere close.

Wanted to know if anyone had similar experiences or reliability issues with test kits?

How do you know you have had 80%-85% pure MDMA in the past? Did you have it lab tested? And also, did you order MDMA or did you order mephedrone? Mephedrone will not react to any testkit except simons, marquis, mandelin, mecke, robadope will all show no reaction. MDMA will react to marquis, mandelin, simons and mecke so very different results from mephedrone

Yes I had it lab tested, I'm friends with some grad students at the local university with chem lab access. And I ordered MDMA, going to see if the vendor will do anything about it but likely not

Last edited:
Well got my question answered. Got new kits and retested as perfectly pure mdma with maybe a little MDA so looks like something was faulty

Marquis is pretty clear - MDMA comes out blackish, MAPB, APBs were clearly different; more purple. Methylone came out yellow (sold as MDMA) then following the yellow had it tested (yellow result doesn't guarentee M1) Believe Meph is yellow too. The test will die at some point and stop reacting.