Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Unusual Flashbacks??

Elevolox

Greenlighter
Hey guys,

This post is not about post-use flashbacks, so please read further!

A few weekends ago my boyfriend and I did Molly together. We both had moments where we "flashed back" to certain moments earlier in the day during the high, and spoke as if we were back in the same situation. Nothing substantial, he flashed back to work and said something along the lines of needing to flip a steak, and I flashed back to being in an elevator.

This happened multiple times, and we came back right after it happened. I was unsure if I had spoken while in the flashback so I asked him, sometimes I spoke, but sometimes it was only in my head.

I have had this happen to me once before, but I don't remember what or when it was. My boyfriend had never experienced this though.

We aren't sure if it was cut with anything, but the people we got it from are good friends and don't mess with bunk shit.

My question is why did this happen? What could it have been cut with, and has anyone else ever experienced this?

Thanks

did you take an especially high dose (around >300mg total) and was that happening on the tail end of the experience?

i'm asking because that's when some really weird things can happen with mdma. you can zone out and think you're somwhere else. it's almost like dreaming while awake and it can sometimes involve sitting there and having conversations with people who only exist in your imagination.

Yeah, probably close to .5g each if not more.

Maybe the reason I had had it before; since the very first time I had ever done it, it takes me a lot to feel it.

But what you described is exactly what was happening. Thanks so much for your reply! I never knew it could have that affect on someone.

did you take an especially high dose (around >300mg total) and was that happening on the tail end of the experience?

i'm asking because that's when some really weird things can happen with mdma. you can zone out and think you're somwhere else. it's almost like dreaming while awake and it can sometimes involve sitting there and having conversations with people who only exist in your imagination.

Is the experience kind of like the "mind movies" you get on LSD? Or is it different?

Is the experience kind of like the "mind movies" you get on LSD? Or is it different?

i'm not quite sure what you mean by mind movies, but from what i experienced with lsd, it's more like you start a sentance, then your toughts branch out, you get lost in the fractal nature of existance, then some time later you remember where you are and what you were talking about and finish your sentance (sometimes without anyone noticing you were gone in the first place).
with large doses of mdma, it's rather that you'll experience more or less realistic situations for a few to ten minutes and then you suddenly snap out of it and are like "wtf just happened?!?". altough it's also possible (much more so with mda) that you'll simply get lost in the cev's and forget what's all around you, more similar to what lsd is like.

i'm not quite sure what you mean by mind movies, but from what i experienced with lsd, it's more like you start a sentance, then your toughts branch out, you get lost in the fractal nature of existance, then some time later you remember where you are and what you were talking about and finish your sentance (sometimes without anyone noticing you were gone in the first place).
with large doses of mdma, it's rather that you'll experience more or less realistic situations for a few to ten minutes and then you suddenly snap out of it and are like "wtf just happened?!?". altough it's also possible (much more so with mda) that you'll simply get lost in the cev's and forget what's all around you, more similar to what lsd is like.

Ah, ok. That sounds different. Tnx for explaining.

By mind movies I mean "movies" that plays out in your head by it self. Not a hallucination per say, but a crystal clear day dream sort of. For instance, my boyfriend played gitar for me, and I started seeing this place with a white waterfall, and everything looked beautiful. And suddenly I was back in this world, and it's first when I'm back that I realised that I was somewhere else just seconds ago. I just call them mind movies, cause thats what it feels like kind of. :)

imho it's difficult to talk about these things, because there's a huge range of different experiences to be had and it's nearly impossible to categorise them. on one trip you'd say "yeah, this is what zoning out on lsd is like" and for your next trip it's totally different. to a smaller extent that also true with mdma. the lack of specific terms for these phenomena doesn't help either :)