Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Mdma two times different strength

Keeloverandfly

Bluelighter
Hey all!

I take mdma every 4-6 months. I used to take it by eyeballing it (probably 30 times like that over a decade) but recently got a .001g scale. I take it almost exclusively for sex/partner connection so I prefer it not being too strong.

6 months ago I dosed a weighed amount for the first time, with my partner and I each ingesting 125mg of home tested (reagent tests) mdma. It was perfect for both of us. Wonderful intimacy for 5 hours. I thought I had finally cracked the system.

Last night we dosed the same weighed amount chipped off of the same rock. She had a great time but I was too high to fully enjoy it, with crazy fluttery eyes, extreme bruxism (my teeth hurt today), a headache, difficulty being fully in the moment and general confusion. The only difference between this time and last time was I had hardly eaten all day this time around, while my partner had eaten a lot. Is an empty stomach enough to seriously potentiate mdma? Also my come up was after 30-45 minutes, with hers at 1h30. We use non gelatin gel caps so they should have a delayed reaction because it takes a while for them to break down. Last time we did it we both came up at 1h30. Again is this the empty stomach that messed with me? Just wondering so I know how to better calculate my dose next time.

Yea IMO it’s best to have at least something in the stomach. I usually eat a big breakfast, normal lunch then small snack hour or two before. Sometimes I’ll also eat a couple bites of something bland like corn chips when I dose to help ease the stomach when that capsule breaks open.

You are also experiencing the set and setting aspect of MDMA many seem to think isn’t a reality. Not every roll will be the same due to a number of variables.

-GC

Set and setting have a lot to do with it. I wouldn't be complaining if my eyes were shaking and I couldn't stop gurning.

I might think about getting some pills. It's been a minute since I had one of my three day roll-fests.

Well the set and setting was identical to almost every time I’ve done it. The thing was the eyes, confusion, and teeth grinding weren’t fun because it was too much, and I got a pretty bad headache. But there are certainly physiological aspects to set and setting that are out of our control. I just didn’t realize Mdma could be as varied as hallucinogens in perceived strength.

Yeah I guess next time I will be well fed through the day but eat light right before as well. And next time I will bring my initial dose down to 100mg and re-up 25-50 if necessary.

Empty stomach can definitely cause a much stronger come up because the ecstasy is absorbed much quicker through your stomach and more completely. None of it sticks to food and gets carried out of your body.