• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

mdma turns green after awhile (marquis test)

Merp

Greenlighter
It bubbles for a few seconds turns a very dark purple after 5 seconds and then after 3-5 mins it is a dark greenish purple color? any idea what this could be?

After the initial reaction the solution can start to oxidize with the air and change all sorts of colors - It doesn't always means there is an adulterant present.

After the initial reaction the solution can start to oxidize with the air and change all sorts of colors - It doesn't always means there is an adulterant present.

I've never actually seen that happen. Sounds a little risky to suggest that can happen though. Yellowy/Green reactions often mean it has 2cb in it, which is actually a nice combination with MDMA from what I've heard. If I got hold of it, i'd probably try it, but with a lower dose than usual.

I have also seen this with my test after several hours (usually if i let the test stay over night) it will have some greenish color to it. I don't know what it is. but I'm pretty sure i have pure mdma.

Interesting. I've tested numerous batches and left them for days and never seen any deviation from the usual dark purple/black reaction. If it happened to me, I'd be cautious about what it is.

Wild guess, it could have something to do with the other 16% of matter that makes up crystalline MDMA that test's out @84%.
Total guess.

^ Nah. The HCl makes the solution bubble/fizz, it has no color change on it's own.

Mecke reactions will turn green over time, I believe the mandelin will too. Haven't heard so for the marquis, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was possible. Typically adulterants will present themselves BEFORE the initial color change, it turning so long afterwards would point to some type of oxidization to me.

If you're really worried, send it into EcstasyData

Agreed most likely oxidization, I should have phrased that differently. Second question would be are you grinding the tested material down to a fine powder, or just putting a pure rock on the dish?

5yw8bt.jpg
[/IMG]
n9rav.jpg
[/IMG]
Here is what it looks like. It looks black on toilet paper but then turns green after a while. I am testing it on fine powdered mdma btw.

is there anything in that room or the air that could have mixed into the solution?

oh.. those reactions don't look too promising. Tread lightly