• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Tolerance Reversal?

ubisna

Greenlighter
SWIM has been using crystal MDMA for 2-3 years now, until a few months ago, SWIM would use it every few months on special occasions. Around this time even a small bomb or a couple of lines would get SWIM going. In the last few months, SWIM has been using pills weekly, and this very week has used it three times. Last night, SWIM needed a lot of it to have a good time, and even then felt little euphoria or emotional effects.

SWIM wants to know if by taking a 'drug holiday', maybe use it very infrequently over the next few months, would his tolerance go down again? When SWIM has phases of daily/frequent marijuana use, SWIM has to smoke lots to get high, but when he doesn't smoke for a week or two just a few puffs on a joint will get SWIM super chronic. Will SWIM have the same experience with MDMA? Or does MDMA tolerance last forever.

Last edited:
Bluelight has a no SWIM policy I'm afraid. Basically, we know that its you you're talking about and it wouldn't protect you in court, plus it tends to be a bit irritating to read. Could you edit it out of your post please and I will do my best to answer your questions?

Yes, your tolerance should go do down, but it could take weeks, months or even years of abstinence. A lot of people report that ecstasy is never quite the same and there is a lot of talk about 'losing the magic'.

It certainly isn't quite the same as weed tolerance; weed tolerance often resets except in chronic users (in my case it even reversed).

MDMA is a bit more rigid. I've been using it for fifteen years and I'd say I have no tolerance whatsoever. However, I only use it a few times a year these days, and when I reached the point you're at, I decided to take a break for a year or two.

Had I continued using MDMA I doubt I'd still be saying the magic is there and that I don't have a tolerance. Your choice I guess... but I'd recommend avoiding it indefinitely, and savouring a beautiful chemical. :)

If you stop using MDMA (and other serotonergic drugs) for long enough (i.e. at least a few months), your tolerance will decline.