• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA therapists explain how certain types of music enhance the experience - See more

That was very interesting indeed, thanks for sharing that :)

I've always felt music is damn near essential for an MDMA experience. Not only does music boost serotonin and dopamine levels but it also raises oxytocin levels which is something most people forget about when talking MDMA pharmacology. Oxytocin is definitely a part of the MDMA experience allowing for bonding with those around you. Pretty much everything that goes on at a rave happens to boost Oxytocin. Music, hugs, massages, giving gifts, conversations with close friends, experiencing new things with others and more... All of these things have been shown to naturally raise oxytocin levels but of course added in with the MDMA multiplies that effect.

I actually suggest for those that want to get the most out of their rolls to look up ways to naturally increase oxytocin as there are some interesting ones but most are no-brainers. Learning more about how to naturally raise oxytocin has helped me optimize my set and setting for each experience.

Music though is like a drug in and of itself. I can get damn near rolling sober if I'm at the right place with the right music dancing my heart out.

-GC