• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA that smells like Playdough?

Playdough smell? No, can't say that I have. Definitely make sure to do a reagent test on it, that's a weird smell to have in your product.

Glad to hear that it was great!

I wonder if the smell is a synthesis impurity. That's amusing either way :)

Like a sweet, doughy smell? Could be mistaken for the typical lolly-shop smell of safrole, its always going to vary from one batch to another.

The important thing is that it was reagent tested.

Like a sweet, doughy smell? Could be mistaken for the typical lolly-shop smell of safrole, its always going to vary from one batch to another.

My wallet is infested with that smell. Put a half a g in there to stash for myself when going to a new years party, bag exploded. Its becoming untolerable lol

My wallet is infested with that smell. Put a half a g in there to stash for myself when going to a new years party, bag exploded. Its becoming untolerable lol

Haha hell no, that smell could never become intolerable.

Will the regent test be able to distinguish between MDMA and MDMA like substance? Reason I ask is I was sold something on that basis which had a playdough smell, was similar to MD but a lot more relaxed and lacked any of the empathy that went along with it. Definitely wasn't MD as I know it far too well, but distinctly remember the smell.

Depends what reagent you are using and what the substance turns out to be. It may possibly be MDEA, which is more relaxed and lacks empathy like MDMA and that can't be distinguished from MDMA it will come up the same.

Try a reagent test if you have some left. If not, we can't ID what you took.

MDEA would be really easy to recognize. It has a 2 1/2 hour peak at the most and its more stoning than MDMA or MDA.

If you end up with a 2 hourish peak and you know you don't have a cathinone because of reagent testing, its not a longshot to think you have MDEA.

Last edited:

I've had that smell from a few batches of sass or "yellow sand" looking mdma in the past. Usually sold cheaper than higher quality gear.

Iits not a longshot to think you have MDEA.

Your more likely to come across something like 6-APB than MDEA I reckon.

Again, it's all speculation and we could sit here for ages and never really know what consumed substance really was.

Playdough like sweet smell is what a lot of the dutch mdma smells like, I know its a bad way to tell but its always been an indicator of good quality for me. Whether its pure clear crystals or putting my head into a bag of pills mm :D

Smelling like play dough is a good thing in my books, but best to get it tested anyway