• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Mdma+Tca(armitripytiline)

JohnStron12

Greenlighter
Hello my friends. My GF wants to use Mdma,but now she is using a dose of 20mg armitripytiline every night for migraine. Her daily dose is only 20mg, as compared to a full dose for depression about 100-150mg. I am curious if this dose is high enough to suppress the effects of MDMA. The only information I could find was a bluelight thread. It claimed that some people can still roll while taking it. If she stops her Tca 1 week before roll,would it make any diference?
Ps:she used to take mirtazapine (30mg) and she was always able to Roll.

Thx. :)

My gf was taking amitryptyline, and experienced weird effects in combo with mushrooms, 2C-B when stopped 1 week prior. When stopped one week prior to MDMA the trip was normal-ish but she fainted at the peak and seemed unconscious for 10 seconds or so. Also she had bad brain zaps, muscle twitches and dysphoria and anxiety for around two months.. I dunno if it's related but I would avoid it. She had used MDMA one before, a month earlier, after stopping for two weeks and had no negative effects that I noticed or know about, she took LSD earlier that day too and had a normal trip. However I couldn't say for sure that two weeks is long enough to avoid any potential negative effects

I would say on a low dose like that she will be fine if she stops taking it for a week especially. I would not recommend someone coming off meds for the purpose of consuming a drug but I understand a low dose of that particular SSRI to not be the same as someone jumping off prozac because they want to roll. I would strongly recommend she does not take a dose for 2-3 days before rolling if that is how you want to do it and she for some reason cant make a full week.

Again no one should come off meds without supervision as it can be difficult. If she is willing to try it and you are willing to help her I dont see any reason it would be dangerous. Just to put some perspective on it I did the same with my girlfriend and trazodone. She was on it for "sleep" but when she stopped taking it she went nuts, it was not worth it but she did it for 4 days so she could roll. It was terrible for her and it was difficult but she walked away having learned something about herself and is now doing infinitely better because of it (stopped taking all the meds she didnt need including trazodone with a supervised taper over 4 months)

I do not recommend it, its doable but you need to both be prepared for anything. She may not sleep because it helps with that, she may have mood swings, you both need to seriously ask yourselves is it worth it?