Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Reovery Report

bemoon

Greenlighter
Hello Friends,

Writing this post for the sake of science and for hope to our recoveries.

Early April 2013 - First time taking Molly. Three pills in one night. (not press pills, white powder capsules). Not sure what the dosage was. Very positive and rewarding experience. A close friend/family member rolled with me. I personally think much of the this positive experience comes from rolling with a positive person and family member that I was close to. No comedown at all. As a matter of fact the following two weeks I was more social and talkative with my peers @ work and home. I felt great. Again no comedown whatsoever. I could even say something almost opposite of a come down. The following weeks I was a happier person than I was before.

Late April 2013 (3 weeks later) - Coachella comes by. Great opportunity to roll again. Same pills. This time I only took two pills in one night. The experience was also great, but not as good as the first time. The friend I rolled with was kind of a downer. The next day I had a slight comedown. By comedown I mean I felt lazy and didn't want to do anything. I slept-in later than usual and came back up to my normal self. However, the following two weeks I felt slightly depressed/lazy. This kind of laziness carried on for about two weeks. A side note is that I jog 3-4 times a week. I noticed that my "runners high" took about a week to come back.

Mid June 2013 (9 weeks later) - EDC comes by. Roll for 4 days straight! Terrible idea.
-Night One - Two pills (not pressed pills , capsuled molly) not sure what the dosage was again. These pills where probably too strong! They were these large orange capsules! I probably should have taken half of a capsule. I thought about it, but I’ve never taken apart a capsule and ingested the powder. Can someone advise on this? I had an awesome time. Was with a great group of friends. After a long sleep the following day I felt no comedown at all. What I learned? A 9 week recovery period is much better than a 3 week. Be with a positive group of people when you roll.
-Night Two - Three pills (2 blue rollex press pills and 1 large orange capsuled molly pill).
The roll is still good. Great time with friends. However, the next day felt like crap. Partly because I wasn't getting enough sleep. Partly because the press pills were probably laced with meth. What I learned here? Never roll for consecutive days. Avoid press pills at all cost.
-Night Three - Three pills (1 blue rollex and 2 orange capsules).
I roll again. I knew I was going to regret this, but it was EDC. The roll is still good, but the magic kind of dies. I noticed a loss of empathy. Felt more like a zombie roll. Could of probably had a better time without the pills.
-Night Four - 1/2 blue rollex.
Still get a good roll from ½ a pill which I was surprised. Totally regret this because I was not able to sleep. Rolling for four days straight was probably the worst idea of my life.

Here is a timeline of my recovery:

Recovery Day 1 – On the drive home I feel motion sickness. Not sure if this hurt or helped my recovery. As we know when one gets motion sickness blood flow increases dramatically to the brain. This is when I experience my first and only brain zap. It literally felt like there was an earthquake in my brain for about 5 seconds. Horrible feeling. When I get home I have an emotional breakdown. Happy tears.

Recovery Day 2 – Dizzy and blurred vision for the next two weeks :( I get these strong short spasms in my arms. The spasms go away after a day. But the dizziness carries on. I feel depressed and sad mostly at what I had done to myself. I’m worried and stressed that I will not recover. I sleep and relax as much as I can. It is impossible for me to exercise because I’m dizzy. My voice is monotone. My coworkers notice a difference in my well-being. My eyeballs make these random rolls and feel like they are going to fall out. I’m able to get work done and think through problems, but it literally hurts my head to read and write. It feels like my brain is swollen and pushing on my nose from the inside. Not much I can do to help myself. I pray, drink water, and eat healthy. I sleep as much as possible. After waking up from a long rests I notice the dizziness would go away for about 10 mins.

Recovery Day 7- I’m finally able to get out and exercise. The dizziness is still there, but I fight it. Baby steps. I typically jog for about an hour every other day. But this time I start with walking 20-30mins a day. I increase my exercise time as the days pass. I make the huge mistake of drinking a cup of coffee. This somehow triggers an anxiety attack and head spasms for about an hour. Mood is okay.

Recovery Week 3 – The dizziness finally starts to go away! I’m up and jogging again. Starting to get back to my normal self. On and off emotional breakdowns maybe twice a week. Not like a crazy emotional breakdown. I’m able to keep in under wraps and walk out of the office and let the tears flow. Again happy tears. All triggered by the happy memories of my friends/family. Mood is okay.

Recovery Week 8 – Things seem back to normal now. No more emotional breakdowns. I get these gentle spams in my arms and neck once in a while, but they are going away. My memory still seems to struggle at times, but is getting better. I get this warm (temperature), comforting feeling in the back of my head. Mood is back to normal.

Going to be rolling again this upcoming New Years. I will write a trip report. I think a 6 month recovery period should be long enough.
TLDR – Never roll for consecutive days. Take a half a capsule if you have too. Don't roll with downers. Roll with people and friends you know. Don’t take press pills ->the meth will hurt. You will recover. Give it time.

Wen't to a rave last Sat. Didn't drop and still had an awesome time with the family and friends. Just saying guys. You don't need the pills to have a good time.

@jethro1000 The head pressure went away after about a week. The head pressure started a day after the binge.

It's been about 14 weeks since the binge. There is hope people. Just give it a nice long break and you will feel better. Exercise and eat healthy.

Last edited:
My recovery has been very similar to yours. And what's most interesting is that it also started at EDC Vegas! Also took me 2-3 weeks initially for dizziness to go away. Am on 4th month now. Wonder if we had the same freakin dealer.

Question, what are your day to day symptoms now? Do you have fatigue/bad sleep? What about feeling startled/noise startling?

PS
I like the story man, but you must be FREAKING OUT OF YOUR MIND to roll again on New Years. You will be in deep deep trouble my friend. Look at all the other posts/threads of people rolling again after their first very long term comedown, leaves them unable to recover for years.

I feel as if I'm back to "normal" now. No more anxiety or fatigue. The only difference now is that my love for EDM has grown tremendously :)
Thanks for the advice for new years. I will learn from my mistakes and take it easy. I will only take one pill. Probably a half. And test my pills with a testing kit first!

Can you direct me to the threads about long term recovery relapses?

bemoon, I wouldn't do it man. Not worth it but ultimately your choice. Some moderators here have said themselves if you have a long term comedown, stay away from drugs.

There's MANY people on here that have it relapsed and the second time they developed chronic depersonalization/derealization and that don't sound too fun. Oh man just look through some of the threads. Early on when I had the comedown I scoured the threads and read it everywhere.

Good luck man!

I can tell you first hand that real tested MDMA gave me a nasty second spell of DR. I overcame it but I think I was lucky. Either way.

After a comedown your brain is extremely sensitive to any disruption... Its not worth it.

Rolled on NYE. The magic came back! Most importantly...no horrible 4 week long come down. Be safe.

Could you update this thread again in like 1-2 weeks? Just so I know that shit didn't hit the fan a few days later than normal.

Could you update this thread again in like 1-2 weeks? Just so I know that shit didn't hit the fan a few days later than normal.

Update here we go. Everything is still running smoothly :)
Follow the golden rules and you will be okay. Test your stuff, space your rolls, and don't double/triple dose. Live a healthy lifestyle.
The only difference is the afterglow never game back. I think I"m going to wait another year until I roll again. Hopefully it will come back.

Last edited: