• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Mdma redosing... Helpppp

No-One

Greenlighter
Years ago I would take 1 pill and would be good for the night.. No hangovers..

As of recently, having more on hand would trigger me to do more.. Usually end up doing 4 all night, and ide wakeup with a hellll of a hangover.... To think back, 4 isn't even worth it because after 2, the euphoria goes away and the crackhead effects come into pkay.. Some reading and searching on here got me to realize that it's because serotonin is completely depleted..

So I did some searching on here to prevent a repost, however I did find valuable information yet still have questions..

It seems like people are against redosing and recommend a good initial dose..

Majority say that initial dose determines the intensity, not the redoses.. ONE redose at an hour and a half will prolong the peak some.. So here's what I ask..

Why is it so critical to time it perfectly with the peak and not while coming down? If you took it coming down, wouldn't it bring you back up? And as far as taking a strong initial hit, would the stronger the hit deplete serotonin faster causing a shorter peak?

Seems like the consensus is full dose.. Then an hour and a half later, redose at half the dose, have fun, go to sleep and it's a good morning lol.... Obviously what I'm doing is wrong and on glad I read the info on here... Thanks!

exactly. redosing when already coming down doesn't bring you back up (for most people anyway).

yup, if you keep your doses lower you can keep on going for a longer time. but many find that low doses aren't nearly as enjoyable as a full dose...

So say an initial dose is 140mg.. You amp it up to 200, it will be stronger but last sooner?

Majority say that initial dose determines the intensity, not the redoses

I may not be representative of the norm but in my experience the redose does significantly intensify the experience. I've always found a redose of 40-60mg to really add to the intensity, duration and afterglow that follows. In fact, the last few hours of the night can be the best ones.

Why is it so critical to time it perfectly with the peak and not while coming down?

I honestly don't think it is as long as you're just not fully down. Anywhere from 1-4hrs after the first dose should still work. At least, I've redosed 2-3hrs after the initial with success. Perhaps 4 hours is pushing it but I'm not sure.

If you took it coming down, wouldn't it bring you back up?

Never tried it but honestly it will probably still do something. I think the reason people say it doesn't bring them back up is because they're already too far down and just a small redose isn't enough. I'd imagine dropping another full dose on the comedown would take you back up and then back down even harder once it wears off. I think the main point is that redosing at the end doesn't take you much higher up (but it still will) but will significantly intensify the comedown rendering it not worth it. This effect is prevalent the more times you redose in a kind of diminishing returns fashion. If you redose enough you'll barely feel anything and be left with a stinking hangover.

So say an initial dose is 140mg.. You amp it up to 200, it will be stronger but last sooner?

The duration should be similar but the intensity is gunna be ramped up massively at 200mg. It'll probably be too intense. There's usually a 'sweet spot' where users experience the good effects and minimize the bad ones. 200mg all in one dose is likely to beyond that sweet spot. I've found 120-150mg followed by a 40-60mg redose to provide all the effects I wanted while completely minimizing the comedown and producing a warm afterglow instead.

Since I pretty much became a drug geek, I have experimented recently, noting the time. I'm 70kg.

120mg+60mg ~1 hour after I came up:
45mins come up, smooth roll, 3.5hrs peak with the same intensity

130mg+80mg 45-50mins after I came up: 45mins come up, hit me pretty hard on peak, lasted 3,5hrs and I felt a second peak when the redose came up. It was too intense somwtimes.

120mg+60mg+60mg+50mg. First redose 1hr after peaking then hourly. 45mins come up, 3,5hrs peak, longer come down. The last one did nothing for sure. Hangover next day, no other aftereffects.

105mg+120mg 1hr after peaking. I would not call this representative, I took ~100ug acid 7 hours prior so that might have altered the effects. No psychedelic mindset or any visuals at this point already. 45 mins come up, acid visuals came back for like 1hr, then it felt like a normal roll. The first dose felt weaker than usual (being less), but the redose ramped things up where I usually get if I drop 120 intially. ~4hrs peak but this may be due to the acid.

Next time I'll go with 120+80 or 90 to see if that makes the roll longer. Up to this point I have to say only one redose is worth it. But it definitely does and (for me) it's without aftereffects (dropped like 10 times so far).

We just had this discussion in another thread. For myself and several other people I know taking another dose after coming down from the first does bring you back up, higher even because there's still some left in your system. I personally enjoy a little afterglow and a light snack before I take another dose. Haven't re-dosed more than twice within one night though. Apparantly this works consistently for some people and for others not at all. The jury is still out on the reason for that.

We just had this discussion in another thread. For myself and several other people I know taking another dose after coming down from the first does bring you back up, higher even because there's still some left in your system. I personally enjoy a little afterglow and a light snack before I take another dose. Haven't re-dosed more than twice within one night though. Apparantly this works consistently for some people and for others not at all. The jury is still out on the reason for that.

now i know that after a certain amount, it stops working because your serotonin is depleted, but why is it that anything after the redose starts bringing on negative effects (worse hangover)

Because you've just forced your brain to drain itself of serotonin and a bunch of dopamine/norepinephrine, it's just starting to wear off, your brain is totally whacked and then you initiate the whole process again before it's had any chance to recover, so it's gonna hit your brain/body harder the second time, and add that to what had already been done with your first dose, redosing exponentially increases 'damage' or whatever it is that causes the bad after effects with each dose.

Consider how mdma works. In general and simplified terms the drug brings about the release of serotonin. The rush of serotonin causes all the pleasant feelings that we associate with rolling and incidentally lowers your libido.
After the serotonin has all been released, no amount of redosing is going to release more serotonin.
Redosing fairly soon (one hour) after the high commences means that the redose kicks in while the first dose is still in effect and serotonin is still being released. Leave it longer and the process will have stopped.
Mdma taken after the serotonin has all gone is metabolized in a different way, and it is the metabolites of this different process that are harmful.

130mg+80mg 45-50mins after I came up: 45mins come up, hit me pretty hard on peak, lasted 3,5hrs and I felt a second peak when the redose came up. It was too intense sometimes

I'm curious about the "too intense sometimes" aspect. Do you mean "too pleasurable" or that the negative effects began to overwhelm the positive?

@auranova: the pleasure was intense too, but I was confused a bit when tried to get a beer at a the bar, my decision making skill was below critical, strong eye wiggle, it was difficult to communicate with others or to dance without stepping on someone. but it lasted maybe a half an hour after peaking, bearable :)

Last edited:
Well I guess I'm gonna try this strategy tonight..

Took 200mg a day of 5htp from last Sunday till Thursday..

Tonight

80mg mda 80mg mdma starting dose

60min later 40/40 Booster and see how that treats me hangover wise.... Might even go smaller on the Booster

That seems fine. Please report back about your findings :)

I have always heard that being tolerant to Mdma makes you take more pills than you can.
Experiences shows that can lead to seizures for the rest of your life - or in the worst scenario - one would already damage enough.
I can´t believe how annoying it must be to hear the following but try to give it sometime and use it with moderation.
You can´t have that every time. Once every 15 days is what is believe to be harm reduction wise advise.
Good luck!:)