• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm starting to consider going on antidepressants. My depression just seems to be getting worse. Any one with experience with antidepressants have any advice on the subject? I really don't want to turn to meds but I'm at the end of my rope. It's been 4 months so far. Do you guys think I should wait it out?

So I'm starting to consider going on antidepressants. My depression just seems to be getting worse. Any one with experience with antidepressants have any advice on the subject? I really don't want to turn to meds but I'm at the end of my rope. It's been 4 months so far. Do you guys think I should wait it out?

My depression is all over the place. I can go a month and it be almost none existant and then for a few weeks it comes back and it gets brutal. At 4 months I think you should just see how it plays out. I think going for a long steady jog outside would be as effective for elleviating depression as would an ssri, without the side effects. So if youre not doing any cardio yet then give that a try before going on to ADs. Do you have any dp/dr/hppd?

My depression is all over the place. I can go a month and it be almost none existant and then for a few weeks it comes back and it gets brutal. At 4 months I think you should just see how it plays out. I think going for a long steady jog outside would be as effective for elleviating depression as would an ssri, without the side effects. So if youre not doing any cardio yet then give that a try before going on to ADs. Do you have any dp/dr/hppd?
No dp/Dr faded after the first two weeks. It's comes back now and then but it's rare. It's mostly just depression and head pressure left. I went close to three weeks with only some slight depression in the afternoon but it's come back full swing and is mostly constant now. I do get quite a bit of exercise I bike everywhere, walk alot, and do yoga. How far along are you? Does your depression still come back?

Have you tried mindfulness much? Ruminating depression can be severe but off and on, but mindfulness can be very effective for it once you learn to keep a mindfulness mindset throughout the day (which can of course take much practice, but you will have little victories along the way).

Cardio is definitely important but don't burn yourself out.

Citalopram would probably be my first choice if you feel like you want to try it, but definitely keep giving the mindfulness a good try. Cymbalta (an SNRI) is also an option. Mirtazapine would be the best for sleep.

having a rough day today and I think it's mostly due to lack of sleep. Maybe my body is getting used to melatonin. Does anyone else have a recommendation for a sup for sleep that's not melatonin?

having a rough day today and I think it's mostly due to lack of sleep. Maybe my body is getting used to melatonin. Does anyone else have a recommendation for a sup for sleep that's not melatonin?

How about CBD-Oil?

I wouldn't take more than a 1mg of extended release melatonin.

You could try a big meal with protein and nuts before bed.

I could try the CBD oil. I'll give it a few more days and see what happens. I usually eat before bed. I have a trazadone prescription, should I try one and see what happens?

In the UK (where I'm from) you won't get a diagnosis for depression unless symptoms persist for longer than 6 months. So I'd definitely wait it out. It's been 8 months nearly since I last took 'mdma' (could have have been impure as shit) and I feel pretty much baseline normal as I was before, alas the odd bout of depression and anxiety which is far less pronounced than it was when I was 4 months in, I was still having panic attacks occasionally at 4 months. If I think back to the first few months, I've recovered massively, so don't give up what you're doing already.

I've searched the internet high and low for recovery stories and the range of time it takes to recover varies tremendously from person to person. Individual factors play a role as well how much they abused the drug in the first place.

Stay safe my friend.

I could try the CBD oil. I'll give it a few more days and see what happens. I usually eat before bed. I have a trazadone prescription, should I try one and see what happens?

I wouldn't waste money on CBD oil. And in that case I might try eating earlier, 3-4 hours before bed.

Trazadone is okay but go easy on it and take small amounts at first if you get light headed. Mirtazapine would be good to try if trazadone works out well.

In the UK (where I'm from) you won't get a diagnosis for depression unless symptoms persist for longer than 6 months. So I'd definitely wait it out. It's been 8 months nearly since I last took 'mdma' (could have have been impure as shit) and I feel pretty much baseline normal as I was before, alas the odd bout of depression and anxiety which is far less pronounced than it was when I was 4 months in, I was still having panic attacks occasionally at 4 months. If I think back to the first few months, I've recovered massively, so don't give up what you're doing already.

I've searched the internet high and low for recovery stories and the range of time it takes to recover varies tremendously from person to person. Individual factors play a role as well how much they abused the drug in the first place.

Stay safe my friend.
Thanks I didn't know that about depression in the UK. Here in the US their so eger to throw drugs at you they'll diagnos you with whatever will make them a quick buck. At least that was my experience when I was a kid. I probably will wait it out I'm just so sick of feeling like this. I feel so helpless right now. I wish I had never taken that pill.

That's not to say that you shouldn't seek help if you feel completely helpless. You can still get treated for it here you just won't get a full diagnosis for depression until after 6 months.

I'm not completely sure, but I think anti-depressants only get given when other forms of treatments haven't worked (i.e. CBT).

I know how you feel, for me the depression came afterwards. For weeks I just couldn't concentrate on anything and worst of all I couldn't sleep because I was so anxious about having a panic attack again or thinking I'd fucked myself up for life. Time heals all wounds my friend. That and stratgeries to help you cope in the mean time like mindfulness, excercise, eating well etc etc.

This is disheartening, I am having a constant panic attack for the last two days (when the symptoms are worst). This is nuts. It's so much to bare.

If your sleep is horrible I would really concentrate on that, as you get sleep deprived the excitability of the brain increases and then as the excitability of the brain increases it can be even harder to sleep.

If you are at wits end there is Klonopin. I know someone in real life who had success with it after MDMA/ecstasy induced insomnia, he took it for 3 years and is probably still taking it today, and said it became even more effective after 2 years.

Propranolol is a med for panic attacks specifically that is also worth a try.

If your sleep is horrible I would really concentrate on that, as you get sleep deprived the excitability of the brain increases and then as the excitability of the brain increases it can be even harder to sleep.

If you are at wits end there is Klonopin. I know someone in real life who had success with it after MDMA/ecstasy induced insomnia, he took it for 3 years and is probably still taking it today, and said it became even more effective after 2 years.

Propranolol is a med for panic attacks specifically that is also worth a try.

Does the brain ever just want to rest? it seems like it would let me sleep naturally. I have attivan. I could try that. Maybe I'll try the propanol if I don't get rest tonight.

Last edited:

Stay safe my friend.

Glad to hear youre feeling better dude :)

No dp/Dr faded after the first two weeks. It's comes back now and then but it's rare. It's mostly just depression and head pressure left. I went close to three weeks with only some slight depression in the afternoon but it's come back full swing and is mostly constant now. I do get quite a bit of exercise I bike everywhere, walk alot, and do yoga. How far along are you? Does your depression still come back?

I think if depression is your main problem and you dont have any dp/dr/hppd then youre in a good position to try ADs without any issue of them making youre situation worse. I personally am skeptical about ssris and how effective they are, studies show that theyre no more effective than placebo and daily exercise is just as good, if not better. Research also shows that after a period of being on ssris, your brain compensates by producing less serotonin and you end up back at square 1. The reason I say this is because although I dont believe ssris should be prescribed in the mass amount they do, I think they have their place in short term use and especially in these sort of situations. So if you are considering use, the maybe do something like a 3 month period to get you back on your feet then taper off slowly. That being said some people also benefit from them being on long term. You need to find what works for you, but I dont think itll hurt to try them.

Status
Not open for further replies.