• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA query

Jboeto

Greenlighter
I am relatively new to MDMA. I first used the drug in June, but didn't consume it again until I did it frequently throughout September an October (5 times in just over 6 weeks). I haven't indulged since the 30th of October though. Although compared to many peoples' consumption this isn't much, I have felt the effects. I have been quite depressed (on and off) since the week before the last time I did it. Since it has been over a month since the last time I did MDMA I thought that the 'come down' would have passed by now, but unfortunately it hasn't. There is a big event on at the weekend, and I am caught in two minds whether or not to take MDMA.
Does anybody know roughly how long this feeling down phase should last? or when I should consider doing MDMA again?

Hi Jboeto and welcome to Bluelight!

Your first question is very hard to answer, I won't even try, too many variables.

When to do MDMA again? I would say at least until your symptoms of MDMA overconsumption has subsided completely plus a few extra months for good measure. At the very least, I would wait 6-12 months. A month, or even 2-3, is most likely not going to be enough once the comedown has started to get bad and lenghty.
Of course, it's also a possibility that your depressive symptoms has nothing to do with your MDMA use but if you keep over doing it when sooner of later, it will take it's toll.

Spot on advice right there....

Nothing more to add really other than a good dose of healthy living. Diet and exercise and sunlight. Tanning if your in the winter months like me.

Yeah I agree. I would at least wait and see if the depression subsides or not. It could be unrelated to the MDMA, people do get depressed without drugs being the cause of course, but that would mean it won't subside, in which case it might be an idea to get some help. If you try to roll now, you run the risk of worsening it, this time it has taken over a month so far, next time it might take a year. Even if the depression is unrelated to the MDMA, rolling now will very likely make it worse, at least for a while. Don't...

I am caught in two minds whether or not to take MDMA.
Do not. Since you've read the reports of others, you know the risk of playing with fire and you know that you will be so much happier if you just wait for the next big event to come around.

Does anybody know roughly how long this feeling down phase should last?
As has been noted, there's no way to say for sure. It could be a month, it could be a few months. However, there are some ways to make it shorter:

Eat healthy
Get plenty of sleep
Exercise regularly
Avoid all drugs

or when I should consider doing MDMA again?

When you feel that not even a trace of your comedown symptoms remain.