• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA purity?

anon221

Greenlighter
Iv been looking into different MDMA suppliers and im just wondering what the average purity is for MDMA in the US?

Short of someone from one of the testing labs posting their results, or a user who has a GC/MS, you won't get anything but anecdotes honestly.

However if someone here has verified purity measurements, I'd love to see them.

If someone has verified measurements + pictures of what it looks like, that'd be ideal, since you can at least have an example to gauge purity once you've tested that it's real.

The highest purity for molly I believe is like 84.5% or sumtin like that. U cannot have 100% pure molly or it wouldn't b in solid form it would b liquid. Now depending how far down u r on the food chain u can get it at that or u can get it at 10% purity. No way to really know how pure ur stuff is

Get a test kit and take it to both the suppliers and make sure that the product is in fact MDMA, then from there you can decide. Yanker is right in the fact that the highest purity is around 84%, and as far as I know, the dutch and germans are the only country that you can take MDMA powder or pills to get them tested for purity and mg MDMA content (correct me if I am wrong)

are we just talking about molly? ive heard yanks on pill reports saying there lucky to get pills above 80mg.. how lucky are we these days?

^^^Here a pill with 80mg is a blessing...I doubt any pills in USA are over 125mgs. The 'mints' are probably the best constant supply of pills here and they are for the most part limited to one city.

I often see the recommended dose between 100-200mg for a night but what if I'm getting 84% pure MDMA?

The highest purity for molly I believe is like 84.5% or sumtin like that. U cannot have 100% pure molly or it wouldn't b in solid form it would b liquid. Now depending how far down u r on the food chain u can get it at that or u can get it at 10% purity. No way to really know how pure ur stuff is

This isnt REALLY true.

Its 100% pure, if there are no other substances, inactive or otherwise in the product. If you wanted ONLY the MDMA molequle, it would be a liquid in freebase form, but theres no reason to have that, so everyone turns it into the HCL salt form, and while 15% of the total mass is actually a salt and not MDMA, its still 100% pure

So if you have 100mgs of the stable form, thats 100% pure, your gonna still have like 100mgs of MDMA.

BUT pure MDMA is EXTREMELY rare, and your luck if its even 50% pure most of the time. The biggest worry these days is methylone and other "unknown" chemicals that are made into crystal and sold as molly

Yeah, this 84% being the maximum is a myth that gets passed around based on a poor understanding of chemistry. The drug is mdma hydrochloride. In 100% pure mdma hydrochloride, ~84% of the mass is mdma and ~16% is hydrochloride. But the hydrochloride is part of the drug - it doesn't work by the normal routes of administration or look like it is supposed to look without the hydrochloride. So that 16% isn't an impurity, it is supposed to be there.

from seeing an oz of the stuff in a giant crystal "mass", how easy/likely/whatever is it that something like that is cut with anything?

from seeing an oz of the stuff in a giant crystal "mass", how easy/likely/whatever is it that something like that is cut with anything?

Assuming it's real, and it's still solid crystal chunk, most likely not cut, but not necessarily pure either depending on the effort expended making it.

I often see the recommended dose between 100-200mg for a night but what if I'm getting 84% pure MDMA?

Just do the math real quick. Assuming your molly isn't cut with other stuff and is just the mdma + HCL. Then going off the numbers others have quoted at 84% MDMA and you saying 100-200 for a night:

120mg * .84 = 100.8mg of MDMA and 240mg * .84 = 201.6mg of MDMA (120-240mg range).

But it's probably safe to assume that when most people say 100-200mg, they're not bothering to calculate the HCL out of it and 100-200mg of whatever you got is good to go (assuming it isn't cut with other stuff).

Short of someone from one of the testing labs posting their results, or a user who has a GC/MS, you won't get anything but anecdotes honestly.

If someone has verified measurements + pictures of what it looks like, that'd be ideal, since you can at least have an example to gauge purity once you've tested that it's real.

enhanced-buzz-28895-1301694293-0.jpg

Ignore all the "it's a max of 84%" crap. When you buy MDMA you WANT it in the MDMA.HCl form, which can be up to 100% pure, and although technically 16% of a 100% pure MDMA.HCl sample will be the HCl, this is irrelevant because you don't want any other form. Nobody takes MDMA freebase. Most drugs come in some kind of salt form... 2C-B hydrobromide, Mescaline sulfate... Etc. nobody claims they are a "max of XX% pure"... All doses you see recommended online for MDMA will be referring to HCl. Anyway...

Amongst the darknet market community there is a guy who has been purchasing anonymously from vendors all over the world and submitting samples to a Dutch lab for purity analysis, then publishing the results on darknet market forums. You can find his threads yourself if you're interested. Anyway from memory samples from the UK ranged from around the 75% to 95%, with most actually being around 90%. The highest purity within the EU I saw was about 97%, and the highest overall purity was from Canada and was 98.6% or something like that. I'm not sure if any U.S. product has been tested or not. I don't think these samples are representative of street quality though as darknet drugs seem to be top end in quality more often than not

Ignore all the "it's a max of 84%" crap. When you buy MDMA you WANT it in the MDMA.HCl form, which can be up to 100% pure, and although technically 16% of a 100% pure MDMA.HCl sample will be the HCl, this is irrelevant because you don't want any other form. Nobody takes MDMA freebase. Most drugs come in some kind of salt form... 2C-B hydrobromide, Mescaline sulfate... Etc. nobody claims they are a "max of XX% pure"... All doses you see recommended online for MDMA will be referring to HCl. Anyway...

Amongst the darknet market community there is a guy who has been purchasing anonymously from vendors all over the world and submitting samples to a Dutch lab for purity analysis, then publishing the results on darknet market forums. You can find his threads yourself if you're interested. Anyway from memory samples from the UK ranged from around the 75% to 95%, with most actually being around 90%. The highest purity within the EU I saw was about 97%, and the highest overall purity was from Canada and was 98.6% or something like that. I'm not sure if any U.S. product has been tested or not. I don't think these samples are representative of street quality though as darknet drugs seem to be top end in quality more often than not

so lets do the math, in purity

1 gram if its say, 75% pure, would show up as 75 MG pure substance?

1 gram if its say, 50 % pure, would show up as 50 MG pure substance?

is this how the numbers would work out in terms of MGs?

so lets do the math, in purity

1 gram if its say, 75% pure, would show up as 75 MG pure substance?

1 gram if its say, 50 % pure, would show up as 50 MG pure substance?

is this how the numbers would work out in terms of MGs?
Not exactly. Firstly a gram is 1000mg, so in your example the numbers would be 750mg and 500mg respectively, but what people aren't understanding is that if you have 100% pure MDMA.hcl (which is 84% ) then you have 1 g=1000mg of 84 MDMA.hcl. From that point on is when it can be further cut where you actually have less MDMA.hcl 84%

Not exactly. Firstly a gram is 1000mg, so in your example the numbers would be 750mg and 500mg respectively, but what people aren't understanding is that if you have 100% pure MDMA.hcl (which is 84% ) then you have 1 g=1000mg of 84 MDMA.hcl. From that point on is when it can be further cut where you actually have less MDMA.hcl 84%

So, out of 1000 mg, 100% of pure mdma will only ever equal 840 mg

Even though this is the highest purity, test would only show 840 mg pure substance?

No, if you had 1000mg of 100% pure MDMA.HCl (MDMA hydrochloride, salt form of MDMA) you would have 1000mg of 'MDMA' in the form you want. Ignore the fact that 16% of it is technically the HCl as it just makes it more confusing as I said above. MDMA.HCl is what you want and what you're gonna take so that's all that matters.

Now when the MDMA.HCl is say, 90% pure, then you have 900mg of MDMA which is what you want, and 100mg of other stuff, which most often is probably inactive precursors, but could be active cuts. The only way to determine if they're active cuts is to send to a lab for testing, as a home test kit will only determine the most prevelant compound in the sample that the kit can test for.

So, out of 1000 mg, 100% of pure mdma will only ever equal 840 mg

Even though this is the highest purity, test would only show 840 mg pure substance?

Just to clear confusion the 84% refers to largest possible amount of actual 3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) liquid per molecule there is. At least 14% of the molecule must be the hydrochloride salt to make it available for human consumption. MDMA without the salt would be a liquid base and not a crystal and wouldn't be able to get to the brain to actually work when taken. So for every molecule of MDMA.HCl (hydrochloride) you have a maximum of 84% liquid MDMA binded to 14% hydrochloride salt to produce that little crystal that you then take. However, since 100% liquid MDMA wouldn't actually get to the brain and make us 'roll' we consider 84% liquid MDMA binded to 14% hydrochloride salt to be 100% pure psychoactive MDMA. Impure MDMA instead refers to MDMA.HCl mixed with inactive things. For example, a dealer could cut 84% MDMA.HCl with 16% baking soda making that batch you're taking 84% pure. And in that instance taking 100mg would instead = 84mg psychoactive MDMA. I hope you see the difference here.

If people really care about quantitative data, I can post some for MDA/MDMA I guess. Characterization in this case would be HNMR to ID and GC or HPLC to quantify purity. Would just need to scan the spectra and chromatopgraphs. Guess it might be interesting if people want to see non-academic or law enforcement related data. Probably would take me longer to dig out the MDMA data than MDA, just let me know which you want and I'll post or PM to you.

Last edited: