Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA purity and dosage guidance

shrewbaby

Greenlighter
I'm new to the forum, so hello!

Advice time please. I've rolled with my partner 3 times now, each time spacing out the roll by 3 months. We've reagent tested this stuff and it's come back as MDMA. I've got a fair amount of experience with MDMA (and rubbish that is sold pretending to be it), so I'm very confident that it's an unadulterated 'mandy' high.

My partner has been finding that her rolls don't last nearly as long as mine, and has always properly come down in under 4hrs. I on the other hand probably only start coming down past the 4hr mark. We re-dosed for the first time on our last roll (I've been easing her in as she's completely new to this or drugs in general).

She took an initial dose of 140mg, with a booster 2hrs later of 60mg, but it made almost no difference to her. She weighs 86kg

I took an initial dose of 120mg, with a booster 2hrs later of 50mg. I weigh 60kg.

This leads to my question, I'm fairly cautious about upping dosage for her any more due to a focus on safety. But is it possible that this MDMA may just be low purity - despite the reagent test result? I guess that the conservative dosage guidance of 120mg is assuming 100% pure MDMA. She'd really like to reach the sustained heights that I do on our rolls, but I obviously want to make sure she's taking it safely.

Many thanks :).

Of course it is possible but also 140 mg isn't that high of a dose, some people need more than that to get really high.

Yeah, I'm probably just being over-cautious. We'll probably increase both her doses by 10mg next time. Thanks for responding.

Just like to add that booster doses are most effective shortly after the first one is kicking in. Two hours is probably a little late.

Your story may be relevant to our many years long ,300+ pages, discussion of MDMA. :) One thing we have talked about recently is whether individual genetic variations may result in some people being more sensitive to synthesis byproducts and impurities. As a result, one person may get subpar effects from a sample that another person finds adequate.

If you want more detail about your product, you could send it to Energy Control and find out what percentage of MDMA it contains. It may only contain 70% MDMA, in which case she is not even reaching a 120 mg dose with the 140 mg starting dose.

I am also curious what birth control she takes (if she takes any), as estrogren and progesterone levels can alter serotonin levels as well as the intensity of the roll. I have personally found that rolling around day 10 of the menstrual cycle is ideal, while rolling the week before menstruation is the least intense experience. You may experiment with that as well.

I will also add that it is possible that your partner simply processes MDMA differently than you do. Her body may absorb and eliminate it faster than you do.

What happens to her after the initial 140 mg dose? Does she reach the same level of high that you do, or does she not quite get there? How does her eye dilation compare to yours about 1 hour after the first dose?

Is she peaking hard and then coming down fast, or is she never really peaking hard?

Wow, thank you for the further responses! We'll certainly try pushing the redose time forward a bit.

indigoaura - it's actually funny that you mentioned the menstrual cycle. Her last roll was particularly short-lived compared to the other two, and low-and-behold she got her period a few days afterward. Alas her periods are far from regular, so she's always struggled to keep track of her cycle.

As for contraceptives, she's on the implant, which if memory serves is progesterone-based. She's definitely reaching a decent peak, and shows physical signs of this (dilated pupils, wavy movement, occasional slight gurn and sometimes foggy short-term memory). It just drops off much quicker than mine. Then again, I've always been particularly sensitive to anything remotely mind-altering, so I'm probably not the best litmus test!

I'll certainly take a look into some of the longer-running threads on the forum. I spent much of my early 20's taking MDMA 'the stupid way', so if nothing else, can probably bring some old horror stories to the table XD.

It could be just her own physiology. My and my friend's peak doesn't last longer than 3-3.5 hours. Interestingly enough before we started doing drugs together i used to experiment by myself it always lasted 2.5 hours.

Wow, thank you for the further responses! We'll certainly try pushing the redose time forward a bit.

indigoaura - it's actually funny that you mentioned the menstrual cycle. Her last roll was particularly short-lived compared to the other two, and low-and-behold she got her period a few days afterward. Alas her periods are far from regular, so she's always struggled to keep track of her cycle.

As for contraceptives, she's on the implant, which if memory serves is progesterone-based. She's definitely reaching a decent peak, and shows physical signs of this (dilated pupils, wavy movement, occasional slight gurn and sometimes foggy short-term memory). It just drops off much quicker than mine. Then again, I've always been particularly sensitive to anything remotely mind-altering, so I'm probably not the best litmus test!

I'll certainly take a look into some of the longer-running threads on the forum. I spent much of my early 20's taking MDMA 'the stupid way', so if nothing else, can probably bring some old horror stories to the table XD.

My personal recommendation is to aim for around day 7-10 of the menstrual cycle. You want to hit your cycle when serotonin is high, and it is at the lowest during PMS. So, her less impressive roll from right before her period may be due to the lowered serotonin levels at that time of the menstrual cycle.

I am not super familiar with the implant, but it may have an effect as well.

If she reaches a good peak off the first dose, then she may just need more frequent re-doses. Increasing the dosage of the first dose may just make her peak harder but it may not really extend the duration of the roll. I would try dose 1 and then a second dose an hour later, even if she does not feel like she needs it yet.