• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA psychosis

Hamoni

Greenlighter
Hi guys, about 2 years ago i was a daily weed smoker for about a year or more with some breaks and tried pure mdma 3 times an ectasy tablet once and a 2ci tab all in the same year. im only 19 years old and used most if theae drugs as a 17 year old. im now undergoing pychosis and this started around the time i was doing these drugs. it started out with just a few acute delusions but after i quit mdma it got worse as i continued smoking weed. so i quit smoking weed and it kept getting worse and about 4 months after quitting all drugs i began hallucinating and seeing the bugs amd flys that werent there. i was wondering if this is even related to the mdmA or is it a pre-existing mental illness i was already suceptible to developing and was only made worse by the marijuana. note that my psychosis only got worse after quitting the mdma and there were times when i quit all drugs use such as smoking for 2 months and was completely fine. but after continueing the pot use my psychosis just got worse. so is was mdma use even a factor in my psychosis? will i recover? i really dont want to hallucinate any more. im already on antipsychotics trying to get off of them due to their horrible effects

If you are actually diagnosed with psychosis, which I'll assume you are since you're taking antipsychotics, it's a very very bad idea to smoke weed I think. Weed is a known trigger and aggravator of psychosis. According to a psych I went to a while ago, an alarming number of young people treated for acute psychotic episodes are habitual weed smokers. Research also points to weed being a trigger, though not a cause. MDMA and stimulants in general could make it worse as well yes, but I personally think weed is worse, judging from what I've read and heard. I can't tell you if you're going to recover, I'm not a psychiatrist so anything I comment on this is just guesswork. It's treatable yes, you can recover, but smoking weed or doing stims is not going to help, on the contrary. Please consult with your psychiatrist before you go off of them, there's withdrawal involved when discontinuing antipsychotics. And he or she needs to know when you go off the meds they prescribed you, so they can provide extra support. Also I would just ask him or her these questions as well, they can give you an educated opinion

You're at the age when onset of schizophrenia is most common, so there's a chance it has nothing to do with the drug use. Hang in there. There are lots of different medications, and I'm sure with time, you'll find one that you can tolerate. I'm so sorry that you're going through this.

19 years ago I suffered with psychosis, I was a heavy weed smoker but also taking mdma and cocaine at weekends. I would certainly attribute the weed to be a premier player in the trigger. I gave up 11 years ago as I knew it was the only way for me to get better. I still occasionally take mdma and coke but have learnt a very valuable lesson about my body. Stay off the weed, some people just aren't meant for it. Oh and some of the issues associated with my first bout of psycosis still play on me mentally. Your health is more important than toke on a joint, there's more too live which you'll see as you get older