Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA & Prozac/Effexor/other SSRI & SNRI's

iamsam445

Greenlighter
Hello Everyone,

So first off I will start off by saying that I love MDMA, like it's the best. I started taking MDMA (pressed pills or molly) about 4 years ago and it was a feeling like I've never felt before.

Here are the feelings I get from it:

-completely uninhibited
-the most confident ever, I can literally go up to any girl or group of people and start talking and engaging people
-relaxed/chill
-i'm not in my head, I'm completely present to the moment in any conversation

Normally I have really bad generalized anxiety and social anxiety. This is honestly the only thing I have ever taken that makes me feel normal. The problem is, I obviously know that I can't over-use MDMA. I've been taking it once or twice per month for the last 6-8 months. I am not doing it for the high, I am just simply doing it because it is the only thing I have found that makes me feel completely relaxed and normal in social situations. Usually when I'm talking to someone, I have a million things i'm thinking about and I am very self conscious of myself in the situation. With MDMA, I can actually go out and have fun, and live my life, even if its just for one night.

In the past, because I know that SSRI's & SNRI's effect the same chemical in the brain, seratonin, (except increase it instead of release it all at once). I have tried, Prozac (for a week), Effexor (for a week), and Celexa (for a week). I only tried them for a week because I got extremely bad anxiety from all 3 pills. Like to the point I didn't want to go outside and socialize with anyone, on the phone or anything. Celexa was the worst as it just made me not care about ANYTHING, calling anyone, doing work, texting anyone back, anything, I just wanted to sleep, plus I had increased anxiety. I run a business so I essentially work my own hours, but all three made my production in business slow down due to such bad anxiety.

I am thinking of giving Effexor or Prozac another shot, perhaps 3-4 weeks, and just push through the increased anxiety, so that I can really see more of the full effects of the drugs. My question is, for anyone on this board, who has both used MDMA, and SSRI's or SNRI's, once the full effects of the medicine kick in, is it anywhere compareable to MDMA? Like do you feel the same relaxed, happy, and confident feeling as you do when using MDMA, even to a lesser extent?

I've had horrible anxiety for about 7 years, and I'm just ready to be happy and live my life again.

Thanks

My question is, for anyone on this board, who has both used MDMA, and SSRI's or SNRI's, once the full effects of the medicine kick in, is it anywhere compareable to MDMA? Like do you feel the same relaxed, happy, and confident feeling as you do when using MDMA, even to a lesser extent?

i have not taken ssris myself, but i know that they don't feel remotely like mdma. they do not elevate your mood if you aren't depressed, though they can reduce depression and anxiety in some people who are plagued by these conditions. so any relaxed happy or confident feeling you get through ssris will be simply because they could reduce your anxiety.
they are not "happy pills" but rather help with certain disorders (with good effects for around 30% of the people). the thing about ssris is that they are the best long-term solution we have. mdma (or any other drug that actually makes you feel good wholly apart from reducing anxiety) is as you say not sustainable at all. even the 1-2 times a month is too much already. you are going to run into problems (and loss of mdma's positive effects) sooner or later with that sort of frequency.

it might also be interesting for you to know that mdma does not work while on ssris for most people; sometimes it takes months of being off ssris until you feel the drug again. but if ssris turn out to work well for you i guess it won't be too relevant anyway.

i havn't used SSRIs for over a week for the shitty tired feeling they gave me.....but i can tell you that nothing will make you feel the way mdma does....dopamine MDMA effects (and not serotonin) has A LOT to do with your confidence being able to go up and talk to random strangers....which is not normal btw...for anyone....try doing MDAI or 6-apb.....a higher serotonin/dopamine ratio than mdma....and you will not feel half as confident....with mdai which is purely serotonin and no dopamine release you won't talk to anyone...while drugs like amphetamine or meth which have a higher dopamine/serotonin release ratio or more socialble drugs...do some meth and you'll be doing up to random strangers way more than mdma....but you'll probably scare them so its not a good balance

its not normal behavior...when humans/primates evolved....if you went up to groups of strangers and started talking to them you would probably get killed instantly by them....this is why normal humans nowdays don't do those sorts of things...even though its safe nowdays

Last edited: