• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA powder, short trip duration?

Triphops

Greenlighter
We've been rolling several times on this MDMA powder and had a great time, but I'm curious about some things. First time we tried mdma (not this particular powder) we did about 200mg+50mg booster and rolled balls for about six hours. We had a fantastic time, but it was clearly a heavy dose as the side effects like sweating, jaw clenching and eye twitching was intense. I know the first time is always the best, but we have never even come close to this again. Last time we rolled we did the same, 200mg+50mg booster one hour after drop. Great trip, but with minor eye twiching and jaw clenching and no sweating. The peak lastet for about 2.5 hours and we clearly started to come down after three hours. Could it just be that this mdma powder isn't particularly clean and that we should try about 300mg+100mg booster next time? I find it odd that the duration is so short. The effects feels exactly like mdma, so I really doubt that this is some other substance (great afterglow the day after also).

Last edited by a moderator:
You should always test your gear if you're looking for any specific drug.

By "several times" how often/frequent is that? If it's MDMA you could simply be building up a tolerance. You should think about taking a break instead of doing more.

^
+1

it could definitely also be due to differing purity of your powders. normally you'd get those effects you describe from 200mg of your stuff from around 120mg of pure mdma. uncut powder is a rare thing and transferring your doses from the last batch to the next one isn't necessarily going to work (the most dangerous of course being if you get stuff that's a lot better than what you're used to). ime rolling (in a nice way) for six hours is only something you experience on your first (few) time(s). with single dosing, i find the peak to last around 3 (at most 3.5) hours. redosing half the amount at the 1-1.5h mark extends it for one hour. any redosing after that is usually less effective and results in a messier experience with more side effects.

I did some talking with my friends about this. I see now that I probably have some tolerance built up because my other friends said that this trip was about as intense as the first one so the purity is probably not an issue. We did however agree on one thing, this particular MDMA power does not have the same empathic quality as the very first MDMA we tried. One of my friends has rolled three times before we did it together for the first time and he said that he is missing that intense empathic quality. This particular MDMA in question is great in that it feels absolutely sublime, it feels great to talk and share and it's easy to listen to others (with some enhanced empathy of course), but it really lacks this intense empathy that we all felt on our first trip together. There was also this feeling of concern towards material things that is completely non-existent on this particular MDMA. In other words, it's hard to make someone else cry by telling your own story on this stuff :p Can different qualities of MDMA be the cause of this? The duration is only about three hours (even with booster) and the empathic quality is greatly reduced (even for first time users).

set and setting can influence the high too, but one batch of mdma cannot give you more of less than another batch as long as both contain mdma (as the only active ingredient).

you should get a test kit. methylone does have a shorter duration and less empathy associated with it and turns a bright yellow with the marquis reagent, while mdma turns dark purple.

I'm beginning to think that this stuff might be BK-MDMA. I've personally rolled six times on it the past 1.5 months and only felt some minor tolerance, but nothing like what I read about MDMA tolerance (have to be absent minimum a month between rolls etc). I just ordered a test-kit to be absolutely sure. BK-MDMA is still fucking great though, especially if I can roll every two weeks and get the same effect.

Last edited:
I'm beginning to think that this stuff might be BK-MDMA. I've personally rolled six times on it the past 1.5 months and only felt some minor tolerance, but nothing like what I read about MDMA tolerance (have to be absent minimum a month between rolls etc). I just ordered a test-kit to be absolutely sure. BK-MDMA is still fucking great though, especially if I can roll every two weeks and get the same effect.

It could be methylone indeed, which is most likely. On the other hand in the beginning when you just start out using MDMA it can seem like you hardly build tolerance to it too. At least that's what happened to my friends and me. In our cases tolerance built exponentially fast the longer we used the substance. In the beginning I could roll once every month or the occasional once every 2 weeks even and get almost full effect from the same dose. Tolerance built very very slowly. But now after many years have passed I have to space my rolls a minimum of 3 months or I get severe tolerance. 6 months if I want close to 0 tolerance. I know there are people on here that will disagree with me on this, as I've had this discussion before but that's how it happened for me. And I never really abused MDMA, I did some stupid stuff at some occasions but those are rare and far in between, so it's not an issue of abuse or overuse. When I started out I too thought I was the exception and that for some reason I only built very minor tolerance to MDMA even with frequent use. But over the years that changed...

More on the topic: I've had rolls of only 3 hours on tested and strong MDMA too, as it has been said before set and setting play a HUGE roll with this drug, even more so than most other drugs (except for hallucinogens maybe). Also other factors like: weight, how hydrated you are, how well fed you are, how full or empty your stomach is, mindset, other drugs, interactions with other drugs, certain pharmaceuticals or legal drugs, things like caffeine as a cutting agent, how well rested you are, how much you took (200mg doses tend to have emphasis on euphoria while slightly lower doses tend to favor empathy, euphoria overpowers the emphatic feeling in my opinion if you dose high), previous usage, hormonal balance in the body,.... all contribute to how long your roll is, how intense it is, how euphoric and emphatic it is and so on

Last edited:
Thanks for a good reply, blueBull. I bought a Marquis test and it turned black as night within a second, this stuff is indeed MDMA and not BK-MDMA. I guess if we want to we could blame this on tolerance and setting, I have already experienced how the trip can change with music, topic of conversation etc. I'm going to take at least a two month break and see if that makes the trip last longer and with a more empathic quality :)