Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Mdma potential overdose please answer

Harbr1dge

Greenlighter
URGENT****Mdma potential overdose please answer

I'm relatively new to MDMA. About 10 different trips spread out over three years or so. Long story short, this is my third night in a row rolling so I had been stepping up my doses substantially. Actually I doubled. thursday night i had 10 caps, then 20 friday, and from that I could tell the effect would be even less tonight so I bought an eight ball, this time it wasnt capped for me and it was the first time ive had it in pure crystal rocks. Needless to say I was impatient and didn't cap them, so ive just been eyeballing my doses. the first four doses or so were weak, and then i started tripping at a decent level and stayed like that no matter if i took a bigger dose next. No surprise here but I got hit with a brick wall. I went from a mellowed out feeling that I thought I had plateaud at, to orbiting around the moon immediately. Anyways I'd say i've taken about three grams now, theres really not much left. And I come to the sudden realization that i dont even know how much it takes to overdose. So I look online, and it's saying generally stay under a gram total. Well I blew past that mark long ago.. now i'm starting to worry. My high doesnt feel any different than normal, but im worried that maybe a delayed reaction or something could lead to overdose. I dont know. I only took my next dose when i felt i was coming down from the last, and then waited 10 minutes. out, do you think they compound? or be delayed in any way.

Little scared that I may be taking a dirt nap tonight.

Only thing out of the ordinary is that i've stopped sweating, which is a first, and I've become incredibly jumping. My house just creaked and i almost had a heart attack. Little on edge here

long message isn't because im panicking (yet), it's because im high as hell

Need advice, experience, anything - just reply

Last edited:
Side note - the only thing unusual is that i've stopped sweating. that's never happened before

Hi. First of all try to keep your calm as your cardiac system is likely on overdrive. Are you at home? Did you drink enough water? Like 250-500ml/hr ? Measure your body temp regurarly as the biggest danger right now is overheating.
I'll be around, let me know how it goes.

It's never a good idea to sit tapping messages into bluelight when you're high. Go and enjoy the trip first - then come back and post.

3 grams?! If you actually have real MDMA you need to go to the emergency room.

Update. Things went way south after this post. Very clear overdose. I started losing control of my body rapidly. Vision was vibrating so I couldn't focus on anything, my jaw stopped grinding and locked shut, small twitches tuned into completely uncontrollable violent spasms and shaking. My ears were ringing loudly. I was in an extreme panic by now. I had been on my bed during this, convulsing, but I was so fucking high that I wasn't sure if it was bad or if I could ride it out. At one point, the ringing stopped and I heard nothing. Calm. And a warm feeling came over me and my eyes kind of faded out to black and I remeber thinking that I was about to die and I had accepted it. Felt like I would just fall asleep and this scary shit would go away. At this point I drift out of conciousness for a few moments, or could have been minutes for all I know. Came back to, and repeated. Out I went, still convulsing. But still quiet and calm. No panic. I came to again and had a moment of clarity so I tried to get up, but my legs gave out and I hit the floor. I passed out hard this time as the sun was up when I came to. When I got up this time I realized what the hell had just happened and went upstairs to get my roommate. Which I tried to do before, but I couldn't stay connected to one thought for more than an instant my brain was completely scrambled. He took me to the hospital and I spent the afternoon in the ER. I had to wait 4 1/2 hours in the waiting room with other people while I literally crawled out of my skin finishing my comedown. It was aweful and shaming. Then the prick doctor gave me an ECG, and tried to send me on my way. I said listen, I don't think you understand how close to death I was last night. Check some other shit. IV, meds for the shakes and Bloodwork. Then came home and crashed hard until now. I must have been out of my mind that night. Incredibly irresponsible. It's never happened like that to me before. 3.5 grams is a hell of a lot of large chutes and lines. I took gaps with the doses.. Over an hour each so i figured it was safe to assume it was mild stuff. First few, nothing.. So took a few more.. Mild.. Two more.. Direct line to the moon. Like a brick wall. Lost all track of time for dosing or any judgment for that matter. It's not that I couldn't stop myself, it's like I didn't even know what I was doing or aware of what would happen to me. I was just out of it. Anyways. That'll be my last experience with drugs. One chance with death is enough for me. Saw the thread in my email and remembered about the strangers that maybe thought some dude died so I thought I'd let you know. Play safe fellas

Wow. I am glad you are okay; you are very lucky.

Lesson for everyone: KEEP YOUR DOSES BETWEEN 100-200mg and use a test kit!

Glad your ok but it just stuns me that people need to go this far to instill in themselves a pretty basic lesson of harm reduction, self preservation and not going too far; it is a shame to see MDMA used like this

I would perhaps make some preperations for the possibility of a bad crash at somepoint after this, best of luck

Last edited:
It is not uncommon for people who do molly to feel rather down and emotional many days after the session due to neurotransmitter deletion. I'm guessing your quite young so maybe you'll be lucky and bounce back fine but my God I wouldn't fancy risking what you did, you could crash like a ton of bricks.you really haven't heard of this? Anyone else a bit staggered? Really worth researching drugs before you do them and practising some harm reduction.

Since most MDMA out there is not really sold as a full gram and is usually cut at least to some extent you probably took far less than 3.5g. I think that if you really did take 3.5g you would be dead. I also think it's likely it was something else than high quality MDMA, since such monstrous doses of the real deal would at least wreck you for a while afterwards. If you have any left, a pinhead is enough, order yourself a testkit and test it. You might be surprised by the results. It sounds like you went through quite an ordeal, you're lucky to be alive, glad to hear you got through it in one piece and even managed to take away something positive from this experience. Should you decide to try it again - you never know - here are two pointers: You can order your own testkit here and here is some basic information about how to use MDMA in a way that will limit the harm you do to yourself. Take care!

Wow. 3.5 grams?? Of powder/crystal mdma? That's still 35 100mg doses...

That's definitely overdose territory. I'd probably die at that dose when I first started. Know your limits, and increase doses slowly. I've taken a lot before too, but it was literally by doing +1 more pill on the next trip. You should try to do it in a group setting where there's some amount of control. Ideally, a close knit group that will watch out for each other. Mdma works best in a comfortable, social environment.

Good thing you came out okay after getting hospitalized. I'd be traumatized if that were me. Take care and remember that these drugs are powerful.

I just started feeling alright on Sunday. A week later. I'm still not Really alert at all, like I'm walking around in a dream. It was a mess I can assure you

It may last several weeks, sometimes more sometimes less. But keep in mind: you will be fine in the end, your brain has to find it's neurochemical balance you f'd up :)