Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA overdose side effects HELP

CG17

Greenlighter
Hi guys,
So one night I thought it'd be a good idea to roll and ended up taking 2 and a half pills throughout the whole duration of the night which I know is way too much so yeah stupid I know... they were also untested again stupid I know... it was during a rave and I was there for a good 6 hours dancing etc.

It is now coming up to 8 weeks since that night and I am experiencing some breathing problems where I feel as though i'm not taking in enough breaths and cannot stand as much physical activity as I did before that night... I also have chest pains and an overall feeling of fatigue on the left side of my chest.

I have been to my GP multiple times explaining what had happened and fearing that I have done some damage to my heart... they have taken my blood pressure and heart rate multiple times as well as sent me for a chest x ray and also had blood tests done which have all come back fine and are saying that they doubt that it is anything serious but with how i'm feeling I can't help but think there is.

Is this way too long to be experiencing these kind of symptoms even after a heavy dose of MDMA? Has anybody else experienced chest/breathing problems that can share there advice/story with or offer any reassurance?

Everyone always complains about psychological symptoms but never hardly any physical symptoms such as the ones i'm experiencing which makes me feel like i'm in this alone?!

No never been an anxious person or experienced it on previous rolls... i'm almost 100% sure that this isn't anxiety based it really does feel like something physically wrong with me!

Hmm interesting. I mean I was going to say breathing problems are normally linked with anxiety but if thats not the case then I'm unsure what to tell you.

Do you smoke cigs or weed? Have seasonal allergies like hayfever? Experienced any illnesses since i.e. common cold/flu?

I dont see how MDMA use would be linked to lung issues but i cant say for certain.

I can see what you are trying to say my friend and no I am a non smoker and don't smoke weed... I also don't suffer any allergies and have not been very ill these past 8 weeks and usually consider myself a fit and healthy 20 year old with no known health problems.
And doesn't the heart play a role in taking oxygen around the body and mdma is known to damage the heart which in turn could possible lead to breathing problems as a result of the body not getting enough oxygen?

and mdma is known to damage the heart

Not with the dose and duration of usage.

MDMA - may cause valvular fibrosis in susceptible individuals after chronic (months to years) use of doses 150mg+ multiple times weekly. --

That WILL NOT HAPPEN after 2.5 pills 1 night.

More often than not people detected with such fibrosis for any reason -- didn't even know they had it and exhibited no symptoms.

You likely have a psychosomatic (physical symptoms caused by your thoughts) 'breathing problem' based on your unfounded belief that 2.5 pills would cause heart damage.

You are much more likely to catch an STD from unsafe sex after 2.5 pills, than you are to have 5HT2B induced cardio-fibrosis.

Hey CG17,

I am going through a very similar experience and was wondering how you are doing? I'm only 3 weeks out but have intermittent chest pain and shortness of breath that is scaring the crap out of me. I've been to the ER twice with normal labs, ecg, chest X-rays. I am even under the care of a cardiologist and had a normal echocardiogram. Did you find anything helped your recovery? Did you limit exercise while healing? Thanks for any advice.

What helps me to breathe better and more naturally is to lie down on the floor on your back with your knees bent and your feet close to your butt. Put a small pillow under your head if you want.

Then just close your eyes and feel your body. Feel your feet on the ground, relax your head and especially your stomach. If I can allow myself to relax in this position my breathing gets deeper and more natural almost immediately, however this can take some practice. Your body can also start to vibrate, though it´s hard for me to let go completely, which is necessary for that to occur.

This is a technique from trauma release practices, where you observe your body and learn to register the tight parts, i.e. the gut, pelvic floor, psoas, neck and diaphragm.
Your nervous system naturally would release these tightnesses but we humans have learned to control our bodies too much so that the natural reflexes don´t work freely.

So this is a more unconventional approach but give it a try.

Last edited: