• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA mixing with antibiotics

cooperdooper123

Greenlighter
Hi everyone, I have plans to attend resolution , a new years rave, however I was just diagnosed with recurrent strep throat. Had strep about two weeks ago and it came back today. This time my doc prescribed me a "strong" antibiotic he said -- clindamycin. I am supposed to take 2 300 mg pills every 8 hours for the next 10 days. Today is the 26th and Ive just taken my first dose. The rave is on the night of the 29th. I was hoping to roll on molly with the rest of my friends but Im wondering if this is a horrible idea? by this point I will have taken 12 300 mg pills of clindamycin and have 7 days remaining in my antibiotics. how do MDMA and molly mix? is there bad side effects? Would it be a bad idea to take my morning dose of clindamycin and skip it that night so I can roll? Or should I not take my antibiotics at all that day? Or not go to the concert at all ( really don't want to do this) Thanks everyone!!

A few people have asked about taking MDMA while on clindamycin. I think this guy sums it up quite well:
Here's a link on the forum with information on this if it's not too late!

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/28307-Guide-to-Antibiotics-and-MDMA?highlight=antibiotics

It really depends on how far along you are in your prescription...if you started taking it a day or a few days ago, I definitely would NOT roll since MDMA suppresses your immune system so much and makes it difficult for your body to deal with the infection. If it's late in the game and you're almost at the end, I still wouldn't recommend it but it would be slightly better than if you were early on.

The link he posted has a short list of antibiotics which may have interactions with MDMA. Although clindamycin isn't listed, some of the other 'mycin' antibiotics are said to have a potential reaction with MDMA which may cause some issues. Have a read through the posts, there may be some first-hand reports.

I have taken MDMA with a kidney infection (augmentin) and I wouldn't recommend it.
I felt terrible and it took me a lot longer to recuperate