• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA LSD or Ketamine used to help with Meth psychosis, depression and lack of empathy

naturelove415

Greenlighter
Backround:
I have been witnessing a family member that seems to be suffering what I think is meth psychosis. I just found out that she was using the drug and am very unsure as to how long this has been going on. She is paranoid of people and friends and seems to be pretty spun from it. She's saying that the people hanging out with her did something to her and she is sick from it. She thinks her phone is bugged and cant recall an entire 2 days of her recent binge. Im going to keep her home for a while and try to move her to a new area and give her a fresh start.

Im really wondering if psychedelics can help to bring some of the receptors back that she has lost binging on meth. As far as I know she is not addicted. However its hard to know for sure. I am wondering if taking mdma with her will help to open her up a bit and confront whatever it is that was happening to her. I am very curious also if ketamine if used properly could somehow reset the receptors in her brain that may be causing depression. She has been going through a really hard breakup and im pretty sure all she needs is alot of love, some weed, and a change of headspace, which i think psychedelics can help with. ANy comments please from experienced meth users and psychedelic enthusiasts? I know this will be a hard road ahead and i dont expect it to be fixed in one day of tripping. However i do think and hope that with time and the right substances, she can rebuild her brain synapses and overcome the post traumatic stress of being spun. I cant seen why anyone would want to go back to that drug when it is simply so crazy and life ruining. All i can say is anything but meth!

I understand where you are coming from and where you want to go to.

It all could only happen if she really believes in herself, it'd be really hard to talk to someone that deep, especially when one is in a psychosis, that the she would really think about your words. You could end up taking her on a good trip, talking to her, and it'll look like she's listening to you, but if her psychosis plays up, it might won't even affect her.

Don't get me wrong. I am not trying to say this is a bad idea, because I myself believe in self-medication with use of various substances. It gives the mind an oppurtunity to explore another part of yourself, it shows you how it's all connected, things start to make sense when taking psychedelic drugs. Even though most times it are the smaller things that take my attention, but if you take the time and relax enough, you can get real deep inside yourself. Maybe you can bring her to this level, where she can face the psychosis.

Your friend is in a severe state of psychosis and adding other drugs, namely psychedelics would be a very bad idea! Meth is the best feeling known to man and it's pretty hard to tear someone away from it, but one of the only cures is a lot of time away from drugs.

i really want to know? is meth that good.... ? I swear there is no better drug than love.....Meth is scary and anything that puts you in a world with people that are sick and crazy and violent is not fun. Ive heard ibogaine has had good results but i really dont have the resources or the money to aquire that. I want to know how many people have experimented with meth and come out of it using psychedelics. I dontthink being sober is good either after meth use. And a doctor would agree and probably put her on anxiety crap which is not going to fix anything

there are substances we know of that help reproduce seretonin, dopamine, and endorphin receptors. we need to learn more as a culture and i dont think that the doctors and psychiatrists we go to really even have a clue what they're doing!

i really want to know? is meth that good.... ? I swear there is no better drug than love.....Meth is scary and anything that puts you in a world with people that are sick and crazy and violent is not fun.

It is that good. There has to be some reason people risk everything for that feeling - most people who decide to use meth (or any drug) don't go into it with the purpose of destroying themselves, they go into it wanting to feel the most amazing highs possible. Of course the drugs can slowly take over and ruin someone, but were those first few highs absolutely AMAZING? Definitely. More amazing than a non-user can possibly comprehend.

I like to use the analogy of an apple and a chocolate bar. We evolved to like the tastes of sweets like fruits over millions of years because they were healthy, and their good taste is our body's way to saying "feed me more of that." But modern technology has produced foods that overwhelm that natural evolution with far more amazing tastes. Forget health, how many people honestly prefer the taste of a piece of fruit over a chocolate bar? Not 0, but definitely not many. Artificial may be bad for us, but it often feels SO much better.

As for the OP's post, I would say hells no to giving this person any new psychoactive substance. Different substances can react in paradoxical ways in mentally unfit people, causing unintended and perhaps dangerous effects. Combining psychosis with more LSD? Does that honestly sound like a good idea to you? I wouldn't even say using MDMA for the purpose of helping depression and lack of empathy is a good idea in an otherwise healthy person - the effects of MDMA is temporary, and then you crash.

It sounds like she could use the help of a psychologist - be sure to find one who isn't biased against drugs. I can't advise you on how to make that happen, but more self-medication is definitely not the answer. You'll likely only cause her more harm.

No no no no no. No more drugs for anyone experiencing psychosis. They need the care of a doctor and a therapist, not experimenting with very powerful psychedelic compounds.

Also, for HR purposes - meth may give users temporary positive feelings but it is an incredibly toxic and destructive drug over the long run. There are few compounds that I will never (knowingly) touch - heroin and meth top that list.

Take her away from that environment. That would be the best cure. Some places do not have meth in them, or it is very hard to find it, mainly the midwest. To get her sober, if you can get some anti psychotics like risperdone or abilify then make her sleep it off, she will be a little better.

Backround:

She has been going through a really hard breakup and im pretty sure all she needs is alot of love, some weed, and a change of headspace, which i think psychedelics can help with. ANy comments please from experienced meth users and psychedelic enthusiasts?

Hey there! Umm... Spent a couple of years tweeked, certainly know my way around the major psychedelics.

What she needs is some sleep and some food.

DO NOT administer a psyche to someone who's already psychotic- At very best they'll find it uncomfortable, quite possibly traumatic. A dopamine antagonist would help, as it's elevated dopamine levels from the meth that are causing the psychosis, if the psychosis is in fact meth related- that's just how it works. Seroquel or something like that, if you're in the States. i dunno what names are used to market AAP's in other nations.

But seriously, sleep and food.

Your friend is in a severe state of psychosis and adding other drugs, namely psychedelics would be a very bad idea! Meth is the best feeling known to man and it's pretty hard to tear someone away from it, but one of the only cures is a lot of time away from drugs.

The only people who would say this are ones that haven't IVed heroin. Just saying.

I wouldn't give someone that is experiencing psychosis a psychoactive drug to try to help them no. It might turn out good but it might just as well turn out bad. And if the latter happens she is going to be in even greater distress, that could be a seriously traumatic experience. MDMA is a particularly bad choice for this I think (not that there are any good ones) since it's an amphetamine. MDMA users are not prone to stimulant psychosis but it's not impossible and if someone is already in a psychosis who knows what might happen.

Having psychosis as well, I have to say that MDMA helped me greatly to ease off the pain. But it is no wonder drug healing you from psychosis. In the end you have to be the one wanting to change your life. It is the best for you to search for a therapist you feel comftorable with and can talk openly about all the aspects of your life. Most drugs make things worse, which is the reason why I quit using MDMA. The human body is able to regenerate to a certain degree, but it needs time. Don't do drugs if you want to recover! For example nikotin and opiates are slowing down the neurogenesis and most other substances damage your brain being counterproductive. These damages are often so small that people won't experience any noticeable long term side effects the first few years. The long term side effects often show up in age when your brain is slowing down and can't compensate the damages anymore.