• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Just Doesn't Last

loveserenitydreams

Greenlighter
Hi there! This is my first post besides my introductions so sorry if I'm doing this wrong lol.
I've tried MDMA on a few separate occasions. All in which I come up around 20-30 minutes after consuming, get very intense mind-blowing euphoria and visuals, all for it to come down within less than 10 minutes. The last time I was with my boyfriend and we had taken the same dose, and only I came down early once again. Can I possibly have some sort of tolerance to this drug, as I also have a natural tolerance to opiates?

A few questions that might help with getting an answer:
1. Was the MDMA tested with a test kit?
2. What doses of MDMA did you try (and oral vs snorting, etc)
3. Are you on any medications such as anti-depressants?

Also can you describe the visuals you are getting?

Yes I have tested it, only the most recent time though.
I'm very unaware of my dosage, and I am on anti-depressants.
The visuals were almost like growing and swelling.
A few questions that might help with getting an answer:
1. Was the MDMA tested with a test kit?
2. What doses of MDMA did you try (and oral vs snorting, etc)
3. Are you on any medications such as anti-depressants?

Also can you describe the visuals you are getting?

Antidepressants kill MDMA. That’s the sole reason you are experiencing mild, short lived effects

Please do not take antidepressants with MDMA. You may resume using MDMA about a month after you stop taking SSRI's if you've been on them a while.

The consequences of doing this can land you in the hospital with a very serious condition known as serotonin syndrome.

As people have already said it's probably the anti-depressants causing this, if they're from a class like SSRIs or SNRIs and the likes. That said, I want to add, like cyberius already rightly remarked, that there are also classes of anti-depressants that are straight up dangerous to combine with MDMA and other drugs, like MAOIs (not SSRIs or SNRIs though, those won't cause serotonin syndrome with MDMA). The fact that you did not know that anti-depressants might impact the effects of MDMA tells me you haven't researched this. Please, next time you are going to do a drug, always research as much as you can about it, including any interactions they might have with medication you're taking. This time it lessened the effects, next time it might amplify the effects of another drug and you might not live to tell the tale. This is a very dangerous thing you're doing, totally not worth the risk :)

Please do not take antidepressants with MDMA. You may resume using MDMA about a month after you stop taking SSRI's if you've been on them a while.

The consequences of doing this can land you in the hospital with a very serious condition known as serotonin syndrome.

Serotonin syndrome isn't a risk with MDMA and SSRIs:

As stated this is extremely incorrect and has been known for a long time.

It actually can do the opposite.

I always like to mention that you should consider carefully what might happen if you discontinue the antidepressants. It will make the MDMA work, but it might also bring about more severe depression if you're prone to it, and that might not be a worthwhile tradeoff. Just something to keep in mind :)