• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA induced insomnia - Wake up every 2-3 hours. Did it 18 days ago

rich2013

Bluelighter
Jeez, I didn't think I'd make ANOTHER post on this, but this one seems to be the last of the problems (See my old posts to get the full story)

Alright, so I did MDMA about two and a half weeks ago now (May 18th) and the following week was horrific, really just HORRIBLE. Anyway, I am back to my usual routine now (weightlifting, cycling, seeing friends) which feels a lot better. The depression has lifted, the anxiety has eased, but one thing that still comes back to bite me now and again is interrupted sleep. I have no trouble GETTING to sleep, but I will always wake up after 2-3 hours at the end of an extremely vivid dream, not nightmares, just dreams.

Now, I've found that when I don't go to the gym and hit the weights I feel a little confused and anxious, mainly on a Sunday due to the fact I don't train over the weekend. I used to be able to sleep soundly so easily. I'd always wake up once only to go to the toilet but my it was never like this. Also, last week my sleep pattern really improved, I was sleeping like normal again but out of nowhere last night I woke up about 4 times. This kinda thing bothers me because of how utterly annoying it is :/

I'm volunteering for Download festival next week which means a week of camping. No gym, not the best food (I'll still bring my stack of vitamins), and loud music. One side of me thinks this could be a bad idea and the other side thinks a festival like this, considering I won't be drinking as I'll be working, will actually be an 'escape' from this whole thing.

Uh, I have more to say but I'm not sure, I know I shouldn't get torn up on this forum and some posts can really worry you XD Hopefully when I've sorted my sleep pattern and such I'll do a report on this ordeal.

So yeah, is this interrupted sleep going to last forever? Is there anything I can take before I go to bed to make me sleep for longer periods of time? I've heard magnesium is great

Many thanks for all the support,

Rich

This happened to me for about 1 month after I took 800MG (x4 200MG) over 4 days. I would fall asleep and wake up like 3 hours later and not be able to fall asleep, so I'd try to stay up until the next night and fall asleep, and it would happen again. I had bad panic attacks once I woke up too, about 30mins to 1hr after. If you want to get better fast, get Sertaline prescribed to you by a doctor. Even before I took the Mdma I had bad SA and just was depressed as fuck because I fucked up my ankle so bad I can't even run 1/3 as fast as I could before I did, or do sports. The anxiety and stuff immediately went away, just to warn you it just dulls some of your senses. Like if you want to sneeze sometimes you won't be able to. I'd rather have those problems then have anxiety and be in constant worry 24/7. I'd try it out if I was you, and you would only have to stay on it for a couple months at tops. Hope this helps.

This happened to me for about 1 month after I took 800MG (x4 200MG) over 4 days. I would fall asleep and wake up like 3 hours later and not be able to fall asleep, so I'd try to stay up until the next night and fall asleep, and it would happen again. I had bad panic attacks once I woke up too, about 30mins to 1hr after. If you want to get better fast, get Sertaline prescribed to you by a doctor. Even before I took the Mdma I had bad SA and just was depressed as fuck because I fucked up my ankle so bad I can't even run 1/3 as fast as I could before I did, or do sports. The anxiety and stuff immediately went away, just to warn you it just dulls some of your senses. Like if you want to sneeze sometimes you won't be able to. I'd rather have those problems then have anxiety and be in constant worry 24/7. I'd try it out if I was you, and you would only have to stay on it for a couple months at tops. Hope this helps.

did you experience any cognitive changes too besides bad sleep? My head is all over the place now.

did you experience any cognitive changes too besides bad sleep? My head is all over the place now.

Not really because before I took the MDMA I was already in a dark hole. I disconnected with friends and didn't go to the new school where we moved to last year and just did online courses. The only other cognitive change was I was getting really attached to people, like people who I've never talked to before, but if I talked to them once and they were leaving or if it was the last time I was going to see them I lost it.

I also had that pressure in my head for about 2-3 weeks after I took it, the first days were really bad but it's gone away now. I had ringing in my ears for about 1 month after too. I experienced the unbalanced/uncoordinated effect too but my eye-hand coordination and everything was fine also, it was weird.

I was just prescribed zoloft after experiencing panic attacks during sleep after too much mdma use. It's been about a month and a half. Which in turn has caused sleep anxiety and has really fucked up my schedule. I'm nervous about starting zoloft but am reaching my wits end. Want some sleep. How was the transition to zoloft once you started? Was it easy to get off? Is your sleep schedule normal now? Thing is I've not gotten anxiety at all when I'm well rested. Only when sleep deprivation fucks with me is when I feel like I'm losing my mind. Need words of encouragement!

Sounds just like me. Docs thought I was depressed, I told them I was freaking out because I couldn't sleep.... So they gave me remeron. Helped me sleep, but made my HPPD worse I think. Zoloft won't help you sleep. Maybe high doses of valerian root? Its helped me a bit lately.