Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA-induced arrhythmia?

bernd2374

Greenlighter
Hi everyone!

The first two times I took MDMA, everything went well. The third time, I candyflipped. However, shortly after dosing the MDMA, the trip went south. Then, half an hour afterwards, I felt like I was dying. I was dizzy, was slurring my speech, had tunnel vision and could barely feel a pulse. I attributed this to the LSD and assumed I was just having really bad hallucinations.

Now, two months later, I decided to roll again. I took a moderate dose of 120 mg (just as the last few times). About an hour after taking the MDMA, I noticed the same thing again. It felt like my circulation collapsed and I was on the verge of passing out. I asked a friend to take care of me and I rode it out. These extremely hypoxic episodes faded after half an hour, but I've felt quite dizzy since. This was five days ago. Furthermore, I've experienced the same feeling a few times, but not as strong (flickering vision, weak pulse and dizziness for just one or two minutes).

Naturally, I went to see my GP. Due to an unrelated issue (a cardiac murmur), I had an MRI done two months ago, but it came back fine. Because of this and as I pestered my GP quite often in the past for mundane things, he was quick to dismiss my experiences as panic attacks and told me my heart was fine. An ECG at rest also didn't show anything. However, I am quite sure the presyncope I had on MDMA was real and not a panic attack (I know how panic attacks feel and this time I am certain my brain didn't get enough oxygen as I was slurring my words and the panic set in after the symptoms).

Still, from time to time I start to feel extremely dizzy out of the blue and I'm also having a strange feeling in my stomach. I would like to trust my doctor and think everything is fine, but this still worries me. Is it possible that MDMA might induce some kind of infrequent arrhythmia or mess with my blood pressure and cause it to drop all of a sudden?

Thank you!