• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Mdma independent of Mda?

runescapianab

Greenlighter
My question is if I were to roll MDMA for 3 hours, the time it usually lasts for, and once i start coming down i pop some MDA, would i still be able to feel the effects of the MDA? How about the other way around where i do MDA first and after 3 hours, coming down or not, popped some MDMA, would i be able to start rolling on MDMA? Or would the crash of one of them prevent the other from working. I'm asking because a lot of people try to prolong their MDMA trips by taking another dose when they start coming down but fail because the come down would just produce speedy effects were they to consume more of it.

Just a little more info:

So i remember reading somewhere about one of Dr. Shulgin's experiments on Mdma. It went something like this:
1. He took a few volunteers
2. Gave them a certain dose to get them rolling
3. Made them take the same dose every day for 7 days at the designated time
4. Recorded the results

What he found was that after about 4-5 consecutive days of rolling, the effects dwindled to the point that it was no longer noticeable. Also, after 7 days of abstaining the effects were once again as intense as day one. This presented the idea that it only takes a week to recharge serotonin.

Finally, he made the subjects take MDA on the 5th consecutive day of rolling MDMA, after the effects of MDMA were no longer possible to make out. What he found then was the user was still able to achieve a normal MDA experience.

The reason i'm asking is because i'm not sure if the above experiment actually happened or if i just dreamed the whole thing.

No that experiment sounds familiar (not sure about the finer details). I'm pretty sure it's in Pikhal. The idea was I suppose to see if they act on different receptors?

I think the drugs have mostly separate tolerances. But taking them on the same night back to back isn't going to be the same as taking them 24 hours apart. I would imagine there is going to be an element of general fatigue and so forth.

Most people don't have access to both MDMA and MDA at the same time so I wouldn't expect your question has a lot of real life application...

I thought the MDMA and MDA combination was common though. Even so, i would like to know if anyone has ever done and succeed in doing one of them first and then the other after the first one starts to comedown.

I'm not sure of the extent of which MDA floods the brain with serotonin like MDMA does, but i do know it doesn't enough to produce the strong empathy and euphoria that MDMA does. MDA still gives a little happiness, but in a different way just like how being drunk off alcohol could give some euphoria. This happiness mainly comes from the state of mind of being "carefree" where you just let loose and let the visuals and sloppiness take over. Because of that, i'm thinking MDA doesn't use up your serotonin reserves, allowing you to still get a high from MDMA once the MDA wears off.

Any ideas anyone?

I tried taking 160 - 170mg MDMA one night then the very next night taking 120mg MDA. The MDA worked the next night, but the effect was for sure diminished. Even though Shulgin says otherwise, I think they are very cross tolerant. I do not have any input on taking one on the comedown on the other.

They do mix very nicely though...

In my personal experience, this should work perfectly fine.

I was coming down off a dose of ~200mg MDMA and was given some free MDA from a sister, I then began to ride that wave up up and away. During the MDA high I added more MDMA (~200mg), then I puked everywhere and got sick. Please don't make my mistake, dose one, then the other, or both simultaneously.

i don't have a valid answer for this question but there was a time where i took some powder MDMA one night and rolled balls. it was my first solo roll ever and i enjoyed every minute of it. the very next day i landed a hook for pure MDA tabs and bought a bunch. well i said fuck it and ate a couple (this was my first time deciding to roll consecutive days). all of the sudden i'm rolling/tripping (whatever you wanna call it lol) WAY harder than the previous night. it felt as if my tolerance didn't go up an inch. i had a new found love for MDA. stupid me took a few more tabs the very next day along with some powder MDMA with some friends. even on this night, i felt like my tolerance was unaffected. the comedown wasn't horrible but i did feel like complete shit the next day. this the first and last time i would ever roll 3 days in a row, and it was only because i was using MDA. for some reason, i felt like it was a lot easier on me. i feel like MDA is very different from MDMA, in the way it affects your body and tolerance. i could be wrong though.

My question is if I were to roll MDMA for 3 hours, the time it usually lasts for, and once i start coming down i pop some MDA, would i still be able to feel the effects of the MDA?

Well, redosing works for a lot of people, but it doesn't really matter if the second dose is MDA, MDMA, 5/6-ABP, or whatever serotonin-releasing drug. They're all heavily cross-tolerant.

I'm asking because a lot of people try to prolong their MDMA trips by taking another dose when they start coming down but fail because the come down would just produce speedy effects were they to consume more of it.

The same will be true if you take MDA instead of MDMA. MDA is slightly more potent and slightly more psychedelic than MDMA so it might be a little different, but the effects of tolerance will still be noticeable. It's also worth noting that MDA is more toxic than MDMA, so the risk of unwanted side-effects associated with redosing will also be greater.

Just a little more info:

So i remember reading somewhere about one of Dr. Shulgin's experiments on Mdma. It went something like this:
1. He took a few volunteers
2. Gave them a certain dose to get them rolling
3. Made them take the same dose every day for 7 days at the designated time
4. Recorded the results

What he found was that after about 4-5 consecutive days of rolling, the effects dwindled to the point that it was no longer noticeable. Also, after 7 days of abstaining the effects were once again as intense as day one. This presented the idea that it only takes a week to recharge serotonin.

Finally, he made the subjects take MDA on the 5th consecutive day of rolling MDMA, after the effects of MDMA were no longer possible to make out. What he found then was the user was still able to achieve a normal MDA experience.

The reason i'm asking is because i'm not sure if the above experiment actually happened or if i just dreamed the whole thing.

No offense, but this sounds extremely farfetched.

In answer to your title question: Will redosing with MDA keep you high longer? Probably yes. Will it be much different from redosing with MDMA? Probably not. You only have one serotonin reserve, and when it's gone, it's gone.

I would think dosing too high with MDA like that would yield a nasty, dysphoric trippy state. I'd just candyflip.