• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA high doesn't feel as intense anymore?

r_ve

Greenlighter
Hello,

I just registered here and I hope you can help me.

Ever since around 14 months ago, when I have taken MDMA for my first time, I started to take MDMA on a regular basis. Since then, I have done MDMA 10 times; the average break I do between rolls is 1.5 months (6 weeks) and the average weight I consume is ~ 280mg (according to pill measurements on the internet where each pill and the amount of MDMA in it is listed). Keep in mind, that this is just my average - I have taken much less with shorter breaks and much more with longer breaks.

My last few rolls were quite strange, however. Sure, I do feel like I'm the most lucky guy in the world, I'm really emphatic and I go around in the club hugging and smiling to strangers. The "magic" is still there, I always feel like I'm in a little dream world. However this dream world feeling was not as intense the last few times. And as a result of this feeling not being so intense, I have started taking more and more, when I roll (2 months ago, I took 4 pills; over 600mg on 2 days which I'm hopefully not gonna repeat, it's just not worth it). It took me some time to realize, that I can't intensify this feeling by taking more, the negative effects just outweigh the positive ones after around 200mg.

However I miss this feeling as I was taking MDMA especially my first 3 times. It had a mysterious note to it; I was looking at the lasers and it felt like I was in another world, felt like I was flying. Nowadays, I'm lacking this feeling. I dont get this "flying" feeling, or at least not so intense anymore and I'm still aware of my environment.

Also my rolls don't seem to be so special anymore. One year ago, I would wake up and think "What an awesome night", now I wake up and the night just seemed average compared to my other roll nights. Plus, I'm also waiting for the ultimative kick all the time. When I take around 100mg, I can't await to redose for the feelings to intensify and when I finally do redose I want to keep this feeling as long as possible. I wish I'd be satisfied with how it comes, but I'm always looking for more.

Did I take too much MDMA the last months? Do I need to make a longer break, let's say 4-6 months or is all that just a psychological effect; because I already know what MDMA feels like, it's not so "special" anymore? Whenever I'm high, I just say to myself that it feels as great as the first time, but afterwards it just seems average or little below average.

Thanks! :)

r_ve

MDMA has a more atypical method of tolerance build up than other drugs and it lasts much much longer (perhaps the longest tolerance of all?) it's also different in that it hardly takes much to create a tolerance.

You've taken too high doses of MDMA too frequently, and you're going to need a 6+ month break or longer most likely. Just be thankful that seemingly you're not getting any of the negative psychological/neurological effects often associated with MDMA overuse.

If you're needing ~250mg doses then you maybe need to look into a better supplier once your tolerance break ends, as it likely isn't the best quality. 80-180mg (depending on weight/height) of pure MDMA with a single redose of 40-90mg should be plenty for anyone if it's pure.

Once your tolerance break is over if you're really serious about preserving the positive effects of MDMA you enjoy for a long time to come you should really only be taking it 1-2 times a year from then on, with a maximum of once every 3 months, and maybe look into pre/post-loading etc.

That said your use is certainly nowhere near the worst people do so I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about what effects it has had, just make sure to take this break.

Quit while you're ahead, I promise you that you will be able to return to the magic if you let it go for a year or two. You say you feel like the luckiest guy on earth, well respect that place you're in. Take knowledge of your gifts and what you've seen and don't run them dry. It will be a bitter experience to lose the magic. Do a year long break and space them out once every five months after that. Try not to keep it at the forefront of your mind, so long as you have not ruined the magic you are completely on top of the world and ready to synergize with this substance. This one doesn't belong to the greedy people, it makes wrecks of them. Self preservation is the most important thing so appreciate your regular everyday life aided with these special and insightful (useful!!) gifts of empathy that have been revealed to you. That's where the beauty of MDMA really is. Everything else is hedonism

I just joined this site today so if I'm doing this wrong pls let me know...
I used to "Roll" all the time from the year 1999 thru 2003 with some spotty uses a few years after and let me tell you this "Molly" crap is nothing like the old pill pressed ecstasy!!! What happened to those things? It's like over night they were gone....maybe I just haven't found them; so ANYONE out there knowing either why they dried up or, if they haven't, where they are....it would be Greatly appreciated!!!

I just joined this site today so if I'm doing this wrong pls let me know...
I used to "Roll" all the time from the year 1999 thru 2003 with some spotty uses a few years after and let me tell you this "Molly" crap is nothing like the old pill pressed ecstasy!!! What happened to those things? It's like over night they were gone....maybe I just haven't found them; so ANYONE out there knowing either why they dried up or, if they haven't, where they are....it would be Greatly appreciated!!!

Yes, you are doing it wrong, in many ways. For one, if you want to ask a question, make your own thread. You should only be posting here if you're adding something constructive that pertains to the question asked by the OP. Second, if you're getting real "molly" or "ecstasy", they'll feel exactly the same because they're the same drug. If you don't get your drugs tested, it doesn't matter what you were told it was. To the OP, as others said, take a big break and test your drugs/find better quality, because those doses are crazy high. Nothing will bring the magic back besides abstinence from further MDMA use for awhile (i'd try again in 6-12 months, at more reasonable doses)

Thanks for answering!

@terarc: I don't need 250mg, but as I said above, I get the most effects in between 100-200mg. Up until 100mg, I start to feel good, get in a good mood, but there is no real "kick". I weigh ~ 75kg. I will definately do a longer break now, thanks for pointing that out.

Just another question, I like to also use some LSD and 2c-b once in a while. I have read online, that 2c-b can have a little cross-tolerance with MDMA. Is this true and - if I plan on doing a longer MDMA break now - does this also include 2c-b?

Best greetings

r_ve

It's a common misconception that 2cb is related to MDMA in its method of action. It's a psychedelic of the 5ht2 receptors like LSD or mushrooms and that's all it does. It doesn't release any serotonin or anything like that.

MDMA is also mildly psychedelic so the only thing psychedelic use could do to your MDMA tolerance is reduce the psychedelic effects slightly (in theory) but it shouldn't change the other effects. And also 1) I've never personally experienced a major reduction in the psychedelia of MDMA even when tripping a few days prior and 2) psychedelic tolerance only lasts 1-2 weeks anyway so it definitely wouldn't effect an MDMA high for much longer than that

Sorry for reviving an old thread; didn't feel the need to create another one for such a small question to be honest.

So I've taken a 4.5 month break of MDMA (much less than it was recommended, but I just felt ready to do it again) and took it again last week. I didn't take much, around 110mg and it felt like my brain was melting, it was so strong, though I was pretty high on weed already and I can't compare it to my other MDMA experiences as it was the first time chilling at home with some friends, not being on a festival or in a club.

My question is, if you guys think that I can take it again 4 weeks after that or should wait longer. I seriously can't estimate if one month is enough for small doses to break the tolerance. Will the feeling be the same or should I wait longer and not take it that soon again?

I have a mate that has overused the substance similarly to you and he has also experienced that the peak doesn't go as high as usual. He took an 8 week break and it hasn't helped at all. Consuming mdma puts a lot of stress on your serotonin receptors and when you have used the substance excessively it takes longer too heal. 2-3 months between EVERY roll is recommended. Be patient, don't repeat your old habits and don't destroy your brain on something as silly as a drug! ;)