Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA having no effect

Yeetdruggie

Bluelighter
Hello,
So I have used mdma about 10 times, the first 7 of which were all good experiences. I’ve found that for me in order to come up fully I have to vomit before I can peak. This occurrence happens every time and I usually didn’t have issues with it.

Unfortunately, the last three times I’ve done mdma I tested the pills and they all presented signs of mdma yet I’ve had no effects except come up anxiety, the usual vomiting, and excessive urges to go to the bathroom (also normal for me).

The last three times when I’ve vomited on the come up there is always blood present (the bleeding doesn’t continue after I vomit and I don’t show signs of internal bleeding).

Just as a sidenote I have eosinophilic esophagitis and a stricture in my esophagus so I assume the bleeding is from the excess pressure applied to my esophagus when vomiting/dry heaving. However I have had symptoms of this form of esophagitis and dysphasia for the last 2 years so the bleeding would imply it’s just gotten worse.

Anyways I was wondering why I might not be having any good effects when taking mdma. My boyfriend is about the same weight as me and hasn’t had a lack of effects any time we’ve done it, and this last time from a few weeks ago we rolled with a friend who is significantly smaller than us who also had a good roll while I had nausea and no enjoyable effects.

The last few times I have just experienced come up anxiety before taking the pill, I felt nauseous until I threw up as expected, then I had slight body jitters and jaw clenching for maybe 20 minutes, then no effects at all for the next 8 hours that we stayed up. Keep in mind the dosage has been relatively the same each time I’ve done mdma so I’m not sure if I’m taking too much or too little.

Also if it helps I am 5’6” 200lbs and eat relatively healthy. The only health issues I have are the stricture in my esophagus and eosinophilic esophagitis.

I’d be happy to add any other info if it helps you come to a conclusion of what’s happening.

Hello and welcome. I'm pretty new here myself. It's an extremely friendly, open and accepting forum with so much experience and knowledge shared here, in a very modest, egoless fashion.

There are many members here with a ton of knowledge who I expect could help you try and figure this out. Im racking my own thoughts but I actually have very little knowledge on MDMA just previous experience.

Im wondering if the pills you have taken the last 3 times have been a considerably lower dose. So that you have been taking an underdose effectively. An underdose would have the effects you describe- the usual anxiety, vomiting and physical effects on your parasympathetic nervous system...

but it would also fail to provide the experience you seek and are familiar with, maybe not even "beginning". Not everybody is as observant or dose sensitive so your boyfriend and friend may just not need the same dose as you to get the effects going.

It is very normal for different people to have a radically different response to the same dosage usual variables aside. Some people just need more and will proclaim to feel nothing on doses that have others pretty incapacitated, in disbelief of the unmatched effects.

And your tolerance has likely risen. I believe that not everybody's tolerance will rise totally evenly, uniformly.

However, first and foremost, the sensible people here and the world over, I'm sure will be telling you- "Space out your rolls more. You don't want to do it too often. Stick to the 3 month rule. Take supplements." Etc etc, and they may suggest that the issue at hand is that your tolerancr has increased and you need to take a longer break, space out your rolls more.

Which I cant disagree with because it would seem like the sensible position.
Although, I was initially going to suggest that you may need a higher dose to activate the baseline experience, due to either lower dosed pills, tolerance increase, or both.

If you are going to continue to take the drug (Im not trying to steer you one way or the other), it seems pointless to have all the downsides without the positive experience. And if it is a matter of underdosing....then maybe that could be adjusted, but Im weary of giving you "bad" advice here. I expect most would not suggest this at all, but a tolerance break.

Now if this had been posted in the MehDMA thread there'd be some scratching of heads :unsure:

Hello and welcome. I'm pretty new here myself. It's an extremely friendly, open and accepting forum with so much experience and knowledge shared here, in a very modest, egoless fashion.

There are many members here with a ton of knowledge who I expect could help you try and figure this out. Im racking my own thoughts but I actually have very little knowledge on MDMA just previous experience.

Im wondering if the pills you have taken the last 3 times have been a considerably lower dose. So that you have been taking an underdose effectively. An underdose would have the effects you describe- the usual anxiety, vomiting and physical effects on your parasympathetic nervous system...

but it would also fail to provide the experience you seek and are familiar with, maybe not even "beginning". Not everybody is as observant or dose sensitive so your boyfriend and friend may just not need the same dose as you to get the effects going.

It is very normal for different people to have a radically different response to the same dosage usual variables aside. Some people just need more and will proclaim to feel nothing on doses that have others pretty incapacitated, in disbelief of the unmatched effects.

And your tolerance has likely risen. I believe that not everybody's tolerance will rise totally evenly, uniformly.

However, first and foremost, the sensible people here and the world over, I'm sure will be telling you- "Space out your rolls more. You don't want to do it too often. Stick to the 3 month rule. Take supplements." Etc etc, and they may suggest that the issue at hand is that your tolerancr has increased and you need to take a longer break, space out your rolls more.

Which I cant disagree with because it would seem like the sensible position.
Although, I was initially going to suggest that you may need a higher dose to activate the baseline experience, due to either lower dosed pills, tolerance increase, or both.

If you are going to continue to take the drug (Im not trying to steer you one way or the other), it seems pointless to have all the downsides without the positive experience. And if it is a matter of underdosing....then maybe that could be adjusted, but Im weary of giving you "bad" advice here. I expect most would not suggest this at all, but a tolerance break.
Thank you! Yeah I’m not sure if I’m just under-dosing. My boyfriend has been taking mdma/acid for more than 4 years and has a much higher tolerance than I do so that makes it seem more likely that I’m taking too high of a dose. Also the 10 times were spaced out since August 2018. I suppose that’s still too close together in terms of usage, but the last time I took mdma I hadn’t taken any 2 months before that incident. I really have no idea what’s going on. I thought about halfing the pill next time I take it to see if I’m taking too much. I’d rather half it than up the dosage first. I appreciate the help even if you’re unsure what’s going on too!

Your receptors may have been fried. Also remember that it'll never be like the first time again

Hello,
So I have used mdma about 10 times, the first 7 of which were all good experiences. I’ve found that for me in order to come up fully I have to vomit before I can peak. This occurrence happens every time and I usually didn’t have issues with it.

Unfortunately, the last three times I’ve done mdma I tested the pills and they all presented signs of mdma yet I’ve had no effects except come up anxiety, the usual vomiting, and excessive urges to go to the bathroom (also normal for me).

The last three times when I’ve vomited on the come up there is always blood present (the bleeding doesn’t continue after I vomit and I don’t show signs of internal bleeding).

Just as a sidenote I have eosinophilic esophagitis and a stricture in my esophagus so I assume the bleeding is from the excess pressure applied to my esophagus when vomiting/dry heaving. However I have had symptoms of this form of esophagitis and dysphasia for the last 2 years so the bleeding would imply it’s just gotten worse.

Anyways I was wondering why I might not be having any good effects when taking mdma. My boyfriend is about the same weight as me and hasn’t had a lack of effects any time we’ve done it, and this last time from a few weeks ago we rolled with a friend who is significantly smaller than us who also had a good roll while I had nausea and no enjoyable effects.

The last few times I have just experienced come up anxiety before taking the pill, I felt nauseous until I threw up as expected, then I had slight body jitters and jaw clenching for maybe 20 minutes, then no effects at all for the next 8 hours that we stayed up. Keep in mind the dosage has been relatively the same each time I’ve done mdma so I’m not sure if I’m taking too much or too little.

Also if it helps I am 5’6” 200lbs and eat relatively healthy. The only health issues I have are the stricture in my esophagus and eosinophilic esophagitis.

I’d be happy to add any other info if it helps you come to a conclusion of what’s happening.
Possibly placebo effect with your boyfriend?

Hello,

I have been experiencing the same. When im about to have an amazing roll, i pretty much puke every time, and have accepted thats just what happens to me. Im always prepared for it and hang out away from people during this point. That hasnt happened for me in years for me at this point, but you are saying you still puked, and had no good effects? Interesting. (making me wonder whats up with the mdma, ive not abused mdma ever) The bleeding part had me worried, but you seem to know the problem with that.

To me this sounds like a case of meh-dma, or straight not spacing out your rolls. Remember if you are younger the general HR rule is 1 month minimum, 3 months optimum to wait in between rolls. I notice you dont mention wait times. This is important info to know in this case. The better rule, in my opinion, is more of a 6 month wait time. This drug will fuck you up if you dont respect it.

I have been experiencing the same. When im about to have an amazing roll, i pretty much puke every time, and have accepted thats just what happens to me. Im always prepared for it and hang out away from people during this point. That hasnt happened for me in years for me at this point, but you are saying you still puked, and had no good effects? Interesting. (making me wonder whats up with the mdma, ive not abused mdma ever) The bleeding part had me worried, but you seem to know the problem with that.

To me this sounds like a case of meh-dma, or straight not spacing out your rolls. Remember if you are younger the general HR rule is 1 month minimum, 3 months optimum to wait in between rolls. I notice you dont mention wait times. This is important info to know in this case. The better rule, in my opinion, is more of a 6 month wait time. This drug will fuck you up if you dont respect it.
I don’t take it frequently there’s but usually month between. There were only 2 cases where my bf and I rolled twice within a 3 week period. Otherwise there’s usually a 4-8 week break between bc I don’t get cravings to do mdma. We just get it when we’re bored or if we debate candy flipping. His dealer also responds irregularly so we usually have to wait like 2 weeks before we can get anything so that drags out the wait times too. I understand the intensity of the roll is impacted by frequent use though. Yeah I’m not sure why I’ve had no effects even after vomiting on the come up. This past time I attempted rolling I waited about 2-3 months so I’m not sure if the wait time was the issue.

I don’t take it frequently there’s but usually month between. There were only 2 cases where my bf and I rolled twice within a 3 week period. Otherwise there’s usually a 4-8 week break between bc I don’t get cravings to do mdma. We just get it when we’re bored or if we debate candy flipping. His dealer also responds irregularly so we usually have to wait like 2 weeks before we can get anything so that drags out the wait times too. I understand the intensity of the roll is impacted by frequent use though. Yeah I’m not sure why I’ve had no effects even after vomiting on the come up. This past time I attempted rolling I waited about 2-3 months so I’m not sure if the wait time was the issue.
Your prior abuse (not really waiting long enough) has potentially extended your wait times now. Honestly, try waiting a year and drop again. Sorry for the bad news. If you put in the proper wait time and it works well for you again, respect it fully and give yourself nice long waits between. 4-6months. This should in theory, keep the magic for you.

What other drugs (prescriptions) are you taking? What supplements are you taking? Any major dietary changes? Maybe there is an additional unknown factor. Almost sounds to me like something else is using your 5HTA receptors. Are you on anti-depressants?

EntheoDjinn, I don't see this as a case of MehDMA, because it is only one person out of several who is having an issue. Very different from having an entire group share the same "blah" experience.

I also don't buy into this "You'll never roll like you did the first time" mentality. The first time is great, yeah, because it is so unexpected. But I had many other experiences that rivaled that first time in strength and intensity.

I also don't buy into this "You'll never roll like you did the first time" mentality. The first time is great, yeah, because it is so unexpected. But I had many other experiences that rivaled that first time in strength and intensity.
I totally agree with you on this. I think this is a huge misconception and mistaken belief among the community. I see this statement directed with great emphasis at people so often with those exact words.

I think it is a really inaccurate perception and belief. My first ever role was not even close to my best or the most enjoyable experience of MDMA in contrast it was absolutely shit compared to the better experiences right up until 2005 after 9 years of abuse.

It actually annoys me when people so adamantly Chuck this statement at others, it's actually expressed in a positive fashion but I don't think the substance of the supposed fact would be very positive if it was even true.

It would be a real shame to me if you could only experience the true glory of something once ever and it would never live up to that again. I did not experience this myself and I always felt I was able to tap into the magic of the experience as long as the relevant variables would allow it.

So it is very assuring and pleasing to hear that you also feel the same.

I only ever took an "E" once (well, halved it with a mate). Zero effect whatsoever. I'm assuming in my case I was just ripped off? This is why I buy online, IRL guys are usually scam artists.

Last edited:
What other drugs (prescriptions) are you taking? What supplements are you taking? Any major dietary changes? Maybe there is an additional unknown factor. Almost sounds to me like something else is using your 5HTA receptors. Are you on anti-depressants?

EntheoDjinn, I don't see this as a case of MehDMA, because it is only one person out of several who is having an issue. Very different from having an entire group share the same "blah" experience.

So far my experiences with mdma haven’t been life altering or
Possibly placebo effect with your boyfriend?
Possibly, but he’s had way more experience with mdma as he used to abuse it in high school consistently for two years (take it once every two weeks). He tends to notice when the quality of our rolls are less than sub-par so I feel he has a better grasp of mdma quality than me. The only thing is why would two other people taking the same quality mdma (that were all tested at the same time with the same results) have good effects when I had nothing. It could be that but if it were at least 2 of the 3 of us would have had no effects. Could have been that we’d need more people to test whether the mdma was actually defective/low quality/low dosage.

I only ever took an "E" once (well, halved it with a mate). Zero effect whatsoever. I'm assuming in my case I was just ripped off? This is why I buy alone, IRL guys are usually scam artists.
I feel you, if you guys didn’t test it it’s impossible to know whether you took mdma or something else. My partner and I once took some E that had traces of meth and the experience was less intense, shorter in duration, and there were less of the fun effects associated with mdma.

I totally agree with you on this. I think this is a huge misconception and mistaken belief among the community. I see this statement directed with great emphasis at people so often with those exact words.

I think it is a really inaccurate perception and belief. My first ever role was not even close to my best or the most enjoyable experience of MDMA in contrast it was absolutely shit compared to the better experiences right up until 2005 after 9 years of abuse.

It actually annoys me when people so adamantly Chuck this statement at others, it's actually expressed in a positive fashion but I don't think the substance of the supposed fact would be very positive if it was even true.

It would be a real shame to me if you could only experience the true glory of something once ever and it would never live up to that again. I did not experience this myself and I always felt I was able to tap into the magic of the experience as long as the relevant variables would allow it.

So it is very assuring and pleasing to hear that you also feel the same.
I agree, I feel your experience on mdma doesn’t necessarily lessen in intensity over time. Excessive use doesn’t eliminate effects, you just require more of the substance for the effects to be more intense. I notice that each experience varied, some were more intense than others but that usually had to do with the amount of food I ate beforehand and the amount of water I consume on the come up. If I consume less water I have more dry heaving and painful vomiting paired with dehydration from mdma use. I then get headaches from the dehydration. I have abided by usually taking mdma every 5 weeks or so if I even think to take it. Only two times have I ever taken mdma twice within a 3 week period. I don’t crave mdma ever (this doesn’t mean my monthly-bimonthly use isn’t excessive but still), we just take it if it’s been a while and we’re bored.

I’m not on any medication except Flovent which is for asthma and that shouldn’t necessarily interfere with anything. The first time I had blood in my vomit I thought it was because I took pseudoephedrine and Aleve for really bad allergies (realized I was taking NSAIDs with mdma and never did that again). I thought that was what caused the bleeding but then I bled the other two times after then when I didn’t take any medications so I assumed the next logical reason for the bleeding was my esophagus stricture and pressure from vomiting dense foods.

To reiterate my use isn’t necessarily execeesive, I could wait 4-5 months between rolls but I usually stick with the 4-5 weeks recommended by various drug safety sources (if the user decides to do it more frequently) because we don’t take more than 130-150mg. I never double dose when I feel no effects, the only time I double up is when I half a pill (which just ends up being that I’m taking one pill).

I feel you, if you guys didn’t test it it’s impossible to know whether you took mdma or something else. My partner and I once took some E that had traces of meth and the experience was less intense, shorter in duration, and there were less of the fun effects associated with mdma.

I know I SHOULD buy a test kit but I'm having to live with my parents right now and a drugs testing kit would be a giant red flag lol. Will do when I can, thought.

I know I SHOULD buy a test kit but I'm having to live with my parents right now and a drugs testing kit would be a giant red flag lol. Will do when I can, thought.
I feel you I had to hide my testing kit from my mom when I lived with her by sticking all the small reagent bottles in a black trash bag and placing it at the back of the freezer. Then I bought a mini fridge and just used that. I still kept them in the black bag though because I had a little sister who would come into my room regularly and go through my fridge.

I feel you I had to hide my testing kit from my mom when I lived with her by sticking all the small reagent bottles in a black trash bag and placing it at the back of the freezer. Then I bought a mini fridge and just used that. I still kept them in the black bag though because I had a little sister who would come into my room regularly and go through my fridge.
Just put it in a small cupboard in your room.