• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA "hangover" changing?

RLT

Greenlighter
Hi everyone, I hope you can provide me with some guidance as to what is going on with my body.

I've been using MDMA recreationally for about 5 years now, generally about twice a year. When I use it, I tend to do one dose plus a reup when I start to come down. Doses have increased over the years as I've gained weight. I am not sure if this factors into anything but I know that my body seems to process differently than my male partner so I will mention that I'm female, late 30s.

Until this year, I had what seemed to be a "normal" MDMA hangover. I'd be tired the next day and need to just recover, and by the following day I would be fine. There was some inkling that the MDMA is staying longer in my body than it did for my partner, because when I was prescribed Adderall for another health condition and I tried taking it four days after the MDMA, I got all the teeth grinding bits of being high without the night (this may be superfluous since it was several years ago, but I wanted to include as much information as possible since I don't know what is relevant). Also, just to be clear- I don't take the Adderall anymore. My current prescription stimulant is Concerta and I take 36mg daily. I don't take any other drugs or anything but vitamins.

My partner and I hadn't done any drugs for the length of the pandemic for lack of privacy, but we were able to do some about 5 months ago. We had a lovely time and wound up going for three rounds, which we hadn't done before and probably shouldn't have, but there's the drug judgment :p The three doses were all 200mg. My partner knows the source and everything has been tested- this was pure MDMA and not cut with anything nor was it in a tablet. Instead of my usual one day hangover, I found that I was sick for about nine days with nausea (no vomiting), additional fatigue/brain fog. (That being said, I suffer from chronic fatigue and brain fog issues normally, hence the try with Adderall, so it's not always easy to distinguish what is causing it.) I did take 5HTP the following day.

I was hoping that perhaps I was just under the weather a bit, but we decided to take MDMA again this past week since it had been several months. This time we did our usual two doses and didn't push it! Again we did 200mg doses from the same batch (my partner just confirmed that these two times were a different batch than what we have used in previous years, but he knows the source and doesn't think there is anything different in there). I took increased doses of vitamin B12, C, and D both before and after the MDMA, as well as 5HTP. It has now been five days, and while it seems less intense than last time, I'm still experiencing the nausea (which is miserable), extremely vivid dreams (possibly unrelated but this is unusual for me), and additional fatigue/brain fog.

I would really appreciate any advice as to what is happening to me. Is this a sign that I'm having some kind of serious reaction to MDMA and need to stop taking it forever? I would be sad, but these weeklong hangovers really take the shine off even the best roll. My partner is not experiencing any increase in side effects, but as I said we have noticed that we tend to process drugs differently. Is this something that may be a result of a minor contaminant in the MDMA and I should obtain a different batch and try again in six months?

TL;DR- Late 30s infrequent recreational user experiencing new side effects of nausea while taking MDMA, and wondering what the cause might be.

ive had that happen and it's only been relatively more recently (like the last 5 to 8 years) and i believe it's not me, it's the batches....i'd say a large portion of what's been out there has made me feel like shit more often than before....i wondered if it was me but i've had a few great experiences in the middle of those occasions, so i think it's the shit

i barely do it like i used to because i hate the hangovers - takes too long to bounce back from