• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

MDMA first time not sure cause of ssris and other drugs

LookslikeBrooks

Greenlighter
Hey,

I take Gabapentin, Baclofen, 20mg Ritalin, Cymbalta and Mirtazepine at night. Safe to try or what? Could I cutback for a week?

Thanks!

Absolutely not with those drugs in your system. You'd have to cease use of most of those drugs if you want to safely use MDMA and even if you stopped taking them altogether you'd have rebound effects/withdrawals that would ruin the experience.

It'd be best to just stay on the meds and pass on the MDMA. If you are really determined then i suppose you could taper or cold turkey off all of those drugs but even then you'll have to wait more than a week after you stop for them all to clear your system.

You can't just take a short break from so many meds - it won't work anyway as you need longer off Cymbalta for your serotonin receptors to bounce back. You won't feel anything from MDMA until they do - I can personally attest to this. How long have you been on the Cymbalta, & each of your meds for that matter? The Gabapentin & Baclofen shouldn't cause issues but I'd want a 2wk break from the Ritalin, personally, so you get full effects from the MDMA. 1-2wks off mirtazipine. Cymbalta will depend, could be as many as 6 months off it before MDMA will work, depending on dose & length of use.