Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA: Erection Problem weeks after MDMA use

peterlee12392

Greenlighter
Hi all,

I have recently took about 0.5g of mdma and now cannot get an erection anymore.

Note I was also on doxycycline at the time I took mdma and I am afraid this may of had an effect as I am normally about to get an erection days after mdma.

I am normally able to get an erection very easily, but these days it is near impossible, if I try I am able to achieve a semi-hard erection but that will go away very quickly.

I am very concerned now as it has been over a week and my penis is still feeling 'dead' and cannot get a boner.

The doxy wouldn’t have a direct effect but it is/did wreak havoc on your gut biome which is responsible for the majority of serotonin production (and erections are directly linked to neurotransmitter and hormone balance). I’m being really speculative here but it’s probablt possible it could cause a lag in things balancing back out.

Otherwise things should return in time. Try some 5HTP and NALT with a decarboxylase inhibitor among with a varied whole food diet and daily exercise and that should speed things up.

On a separate note, 0.5g is a fucking massive amount of MDMA so that is likely going to make things much worse than lower/safer doses.

Hi all,

I have recently took about 0.5g of mdma and now cannot get an erection anymore.

Note I was also on doxycycline at the time I took mdma and I am afraid this may of had an effect as I am normally about to get an erection days after mdma.

I am normally able to get an erection very easily, but these days it is near impossible, if I try I am able to achieve a semi-hard erection but that will go away very quickly.

I am very concerned now as it has been over a week and my penis is still feeling 'dead' and cannot get a boner.
I feel Swim15 has a better grasp of how the two drugs interact and affect your body, but I must say 500mg (.5g) of mdma is definitely a dangerously high dose. I’m not sure of the explicit effects of a dose that high but I can imagine erectile dysfunction could be a consequence given how much strain that amount of mdma would have on your cardiovascular system and serotonin production. I could understand taking that much if you have a very high tolerance to mdma but it might have just honestly been too much for your body to handle. I know my boyfriend usually ends up with ED for 1-3 days after taking mdma and drugs like mdma are known for making it difficult for the body to produce erections either the day of or a few days after taking it.

A lot of times though ED has causes that are due to psychological blocks where even if you know you want to have an erection there is some underlying issue subconsciously preventing your body from producing an erection as you like. Also getting frustrated with the ED can negatively impact your ability to maintain an erection as you are stressing yourself out over not being able to maintain one. Ironic but sometimes that can be an additional cause of ED. Stress over performance paired with the high dosage of mdma might just be all that’s preventing the erections from happening.

How long as it been since you took the mdma? I would say if you haven’t been able to get an erection for a month or so, then go see a doctor to ask about methods or courses of action to take to amend the situation. Definitely don’t exclude the drug use when describing your issues because that makes a world of difference in diagnoses.

Wish you luck!

High Serotonine levels will promote an increase in Prolactine levels, and Prolactine can make erections impossible, it is what causes dicks to go limp after orgasms.
I would get it tested.