View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

MDMA dulling psychedelics?

growit&smokeit

Bluelighter
I've combined psychedelics with MDMA twice and have always been surprised how little I have tripped. Especially the mental effects. It is almost like I have taken a benzo. One time was with 4-aco-dmt and the other time was with 20mg 4-aco-dmt and 4 grams of shrooms taken over a period of 8 hours or so. If I had taken this without MDMA I would have been a dribbling mess. Does anyone find this as well?

I can remember a thread about some guy saying the same thing on Bluelight and was wondering if it was something funny about the MDMA. The MDMA was in the form of crystal and originated from the Netherlands. The first stuff was reagent tested by me so I am as sure as I can be it is MDMA.

Hmmmm, well I have rarely taken MDMA with psychedelics so I peak on both at the same time (usually take mdma at the end of a trip to kind of keep me going). When ever I do combine them though I find the MDMA enhances the visual effects. However, I think it tends to take the edge of the mental aspect. Makes it less psychadelic, what with the positive emotional push. Not sure if that's what you mean. But on the doses of 4acodmt and mushrooms you mention I'm surprised that the MDMA would overpower the psychadelia.

I find MDMA only makes psychedelics better.
It adds depth to the visuals plus removes anxiety, and of course, the fucking body high

It adds depth to the visuals plus removes anxiety, and of course, the fucking body high

What I was getting at is removing the ups and downs of emotion could be interpreted as not being as trippy.

What I was getting at is removing the ups and downs of emotion could be interpreted as not being as trippy.

I agree, it can take away from the depth of the trip. But on the other hand, the effect of reduced anxiety has also helped me to get more out of a trip and enjoy it more. For me taking the MDMA first, and in a low dose works best. If I take the acid (for instance) first, I get disappointed when I feel some of the depth of the trip disappear when the MDMA kicks in.

Depends when you take the MDMA - if you take it first and let a few hours go past before taking the psychedelic then it kills off all psychedelic effects. If you take MDMA at the tail-end of an LSD trip then the combo is wonderful.

depends on the drug. mushrooms and mdma is just not that visual for me but immensely loved up. lsd and mdma is amazing and very visual, moreso even

Depends when you take the MDMA - if you take it first and let a few hours go past before taking the psychedelic then it kills off all psychedelic effects. If you take MDMA at the tail-end of an LSD trip then the combo is wonderful.

I've had absolutely horrendous results with adding SRAs like MDMA or the benzofurans to the end of psychedelic experiences. There were times when I had small amounts of LSD and MDMA and hoped to potentiate the roll by taking it just after the peak of the light LSD experience. Instead I got mostly generic stimulant effects. Likewise, adding benzofurans to the end of a DOC experience is really all but unnoticeable, even with large amounts.

The only time I have had any success with this kind of combination is with timing doses so that the peak of each experience coincides (on which occasions I often find myself thinking "I am in the ecstasy" in a very religious sense of the word). In this state I am less privy to profound insight, but prone to delusions of telepathy and the perception of otherworldly presences. This has also, in my experience, dramatically increased the negative effects of the hangover/afterglow. Based on other comments in the thread, YMMV.

Very variable the timing - the first time I took it at the end of a trip was incredible. Then it didn't work so well the second time. Taking it midway works sometimes and not others.

I've never taken MDMA with psychedelics, but combinations with psychedelics and 6-APB had me rolling hard as usual on 6-APB only with added visuals.
Very little mental effects aside from those expected from the 6-APB alone.

I finally tried the legendary candyflip and I experienced just what you're describing. The LSD beforehand was great and the MDMA just made me feel spaced out and almost just stoned or something. My mind wasn't really doing anything, I was just in this really intense place. Even the visuals got less intense. It really was kinda like taking a benzo except it did make it more intense, just not in a way I wanted. And this was verified really good crystal MDMA... in fact I tried the same MDMA later with MXE and had the best roll I've had in 10 years.

Yeah, whenever I combine psychedelics with MDMA it feels like the MDMA replaces the psychedelics music enhancement and euphoria with its own. Not bad, but..I'd rather experience both drugs on their own. The synergy just isn't perfect.

Although I must say that the combination creates unique hallucinations as well. So many sparkles on 2C-E and MDMA, green lights everywhere!

Whenever I've candyflipped the visuals would always intensify the moment the MDMA starts to peak, but settles down soon right after. I always find the experience itself very psychedelic though in a unique, yet not exactly pleasant way. I have yet to have an amazing candyflip like the ones you read about. I never feel euphoric, and it's always just an intense experience in a way I can't describe. Perhaps it'll be 4th time the charm, but I don't see myself doing it again for quite some time.

IME it's very dose-dependant. I've utilised MDMA to kill a bad mushroom trip dead in its tracks (or at least to bring me back to reality enough to comprehend things and be coherent/able to handle myself) lol

I think perhaps MDMA/5HT binds to 5HT receptors much more strongly than psilocin does, effectively pushing it off the plate.

Haven't combined in "flipping" dosage before though (was 200mg of MDMA crystal - way above what you'd take to flip) so I can't comment on that aspect.

I think perhaps MDMA/5HT binds to 5HT receptors much more strongly than psilocin does, effectively pushing it off the plate.

Nope, it's just the (unsurprisingly euphoric) monoamine dump from MDMA. MDMA is only a mild 5-HT1A agonist - it can't really "block" psilocin.

Mdma plus shrooms was insanely good. It was the most euphoric drug experience ive had but definitely not the deepest or the most profound. But I agree it dull the psychedelic effects, as soon as mdma came up (i took 120mg mdma when i was peaking on shrooms) it was like the visuals just vanished or were dulled greatly. But the euphoria was amazing, music have never sounded so good, words cant even convey how fucking good it felt. I could sense the music dancing in the air and I could only lay on the sofa and sweat of euphoria lol

I've never had it dull psychedelics and i've been flippin on various things (I haven't done a hippie flip though) for a few years.

best roll/flip of my life the timeline went like this

6:00 ate 1 half hit of really good LSD blotter

6:45 ate the other half of the hit

7:30 ate a capsule of 270mg of MDMA

9:00 facemelting lol