Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Dosage

rollingmagic

Greenlighter
Hey guys,

I roughly take around 110mg-120. I don't go over because I'm happy where I am with the dosage. I'm just not ready to take my dosage any higher just in case if I don't like it.

My question is, with the dosage of around 110-120mg, surely I shouldn't be worrying about over heating to much and dehydration to much? I probably drink 2-4 bottles over a 6-8 hour rave. I wear thin t shirt and sport like trackies to let as much body heat out as possible. I don't dance 'hard' I just sway my body to the beat of the music and enjoy the lights. I mean I've never had a problem before on this dose but what I'm trying to say is it can't be that big of a risk compared to doses 200mg+ right?

You'll be fine, assuming your shit is dosed accurately. When I used to do MDMA, I would consume at least 1 L of pedialyte. This is important imo because plain water can dehydrate you even further if you drink too much.

What you originally said was that drinking too much water can cause dehydration, which is different than saying that dehydration with hyponatremia is hyponatremic dehydration (which is painfully obvious). Drinking too much water can certainly cause hyponatremia but you can have normal sodium levels and still be dehydrated, dehydration and hyponatremia are not necessarily mutually inclusive.

Anyways, a warning about drinking too much water is fine but its probably better that people drink a couple bottles of plain water throughout the roll rather than be scared that a couple bottles is going to give them hyponatremia. Or hyponatremic dehydration ;)

I almost died from drinking too much water. Be reasonable with water, if you get really fucked up still be reasonable, too much is equally if not worse than too little. Always try to get sports drinks, it feels much better then water.

Hey guys,

I roughly take around 110mg-120. I don't go over because I'm happy where I am with the dosage. I'm just not ready to take my dosage any higher just in case if I don't like it.

My question is, with the dosage of around 110-120mg, surely I shouldn't be worrying about over heating to much and dehydration to much? I probably drink 2-4 bottles over a 6-8 hour rave. I wear thin t shirt and sport like trackies to let as much body heat out as possible. I don't dance 'hard' I just sway my body to the beat of the music and enjoy the lights. I mean I've never had a problem before on this dose but what I'm trying to say is it can't be that big of a risk compared to doses 200mg+ right?

Yes, in fact MDMA does not normally cause any significant hyperthermia at recreational doses.

Hyperthermia is the hallmark of PMA, and several of the substituted cathinones.

Difficulty maintaining body temp is also a hallmark of the 2C family with many causing both hyperthermia, then hypo

I have been present when 5-APB has resulted in body temps of 96.5-97 F for a short while.

Unless you have experienced hyperthermia before -- then you have nothing to worry about.