• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA doesn't make me happy, hyper and huggy anymore?

starlett7

Bluelighter
When I first started popping the rush was so intense and felt like it washed over my whole body and I would get all jittery and have to move around or dance and I always wanted to be touching the people around me. Now when I pop I feel all "melty" and my friends say I just look f*cked and I stand there and don't really wanna move so I kindof bob up and down on the spot and my eyes roll into the back of my head lol. I also really really wanna sit all the time! This is mostly at the peak though, after that passes I'm ok (still want to sit though).

Why does this happen? I used to do m a lot, about every week or two so not too much but more than I should've been doing it.
Does this happen to anyone else?

That isn't a very helpful answer, especially for a mod.

First of all you want to make sure you have mdma, so test your gear. If that's all good, the dose might be too much and floor you. It also might be too little and not do much. You have to give some more info.

Mdma effects everyone different. It also effects ppl different at different stages in life.

A very cheap psychedelic drug that lots of pill makers put into their pills. Lots of people don't know any better and as long as the pill they took is "fucking them up" then they feel they've got their moneys worth.
It's really a let down to expect to be rolling and then be taken over by a sense of awkwardness.
Honestly I'd rather get a pill full of aspirin or caffeine over getting Piped.

Your best bet would be getting a tester kit.

That isn't a very helpful answer, especially for a mod.

First of all you want to make sure you have mdma, so test your gear. If that's all good, the dose might be too much and floor you. It also might be too little and not do much. You have to give some more info.

Mdma effects everyone different. It also effects ppl different at different stages in life.

Lol thanks for the critique but I wasn't planning on simply abandoning the conversation in here.

I did the same stuff as my friends who seemed to be having a blast... I still feel pretty good on it after the come up when I plateau then it's very similar to how mdma used to affect me obviously not as good since I did it a bunch. The come up feels way too intense though like not awsome intense just like I need to sit down and calm myself cuz I get all shakey and my legs feel weak. I usually do one pill to start. I wonder if maybe I should try a little more to start?

This is the "lost magic" thread, to give you an idea of what you may be experiencing: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...!-quot-megathread?highlight=lost+magic+thread

I have to disagree that MDMA feeling "different" from when you first started is odd, or likely adulterated pills- this is aVERY common effect. It's typical for MDMA to have a development or "journey" for each individual- at one point, the drug that once made you extremely outgoing now makes you floored etc. There are lots of theories as to why, but usually the simplest one is that you've antagonized your 5-HT receptors to the point that they respond differently to this chemical, therefore not giving you the same feelings you would when your brain was new to MDMA.

My first 6 months of MDMA use, I (unknowingly) abused it and rolled every 1-2 weeks. I was certain we had taken a different drug altogether when all of a sudden MDMA made me feel floored, unable to proper string sentences together- I was still cuddly, and enjoyed light shows- but MDMA used to make me talk to everyone, dance all night, and the music sounded extremely amazing- I was quite confused. Getting a reagent test kit (www.dancesafe.org) confirmed for me that I had MDxx pills, it was merely my brains reaction to the chemical that had changed.

I would research piperazine experiences, along with the many other adulterants (check out the directory in my signature). In general, if you are waiting the proper amount of time or longer (30 days is a minimum, but it's good to take even more time off than that every now and then) you should be capable of fulfilling MDMA experiences, but expecting any drug to work the "way it used to" will often leave you disappointed- and MDMA is probably the greatest example of that. Even for those who don't believe that "losing the magic" is a physiological scientifically "true" thing, the loss of magic can simply be due to the lack of novelty of the experience.

Regardless, do your research. Though it's not what you want to hear, it's quite possible MDMA is effecting you differently now. Acquiring a test kit is very important for your safety, and to figure out if it's you or the drugs.

ha i thought i had lost the magic but then i switched from presses to points and i jus think presses have gotten SUPER weak. Ive taken a gram in one session and then 2 days later taken 1 point and still felt effects, of couse they weren't super strong but it put me in party mode for a few hours

This is happens a lot to many long time MDMA users. As Bsiren mentioned, the nature of the MDMA experience changes as you continue doing it. I would say the best way to "chase that original high" is to only do MDMA when you're already in mindset similar to the first time you tried MDMA. If you're mega excited and super happy about life in general and that day/event in particular, you'll just have a good time and you won't bother with thoughts such as "Why am I not as high as when I first tried MDMA."

Stop using it if it doesn't work like you want it to anymore, it's just doing more damage than it's giving back at that point..

How long have you been taking mdma? and how often?

once every week or 2 is way to often. If you have been doing this for some time then it does not surprise me you are not feeling as "loved up" as you have in the past.

Also, as mentioned above adulterated molly and pills have become very common, the only way to know for sure is a test kit.

Last year I would do it a week or two apart a few times, other times I would try to wait a month.
The last two times I did it I tried to wait at least two months and I very rarely do more than .2 in a night.

I think part of it in some cases might have to do with mindset because when I last popped with my ex before we broke up I had a horrible vibe being at the club with him and I knew he was looking for another we knew who was there and we have really good m because I saved a pill from a batch that was amazing but it was probably one of the worst times I had rolling because of how I felt...

But besides that it does still make me all "melty" lol but I still feel the part of it that makes it mdma if that makes sense... it could definitely be cut but I think it's more so what it's done to my brain over time and 2 months is probably not enough to make a noticeable change.

How would I go about getting a testing kit? It seems really sketchy lol

dancesafe
buy with a credit card arrive at your house the next week 100% legal.

I started using MDMA in 1987 during the birth of the house music culture. I was 17 at the time and remember thinking that It felt so good that how could it possibly be bad for me!! This was a warning sign of the insidious nature of drugs on the mind. A sign I chose to ignore. From then on I lived for the next party. I continued to use it 3-4 times a week for at least 4-5 years sometimes taking 4-5 pills per night as well as acid, speed and coke but mainly MDMA. Obviously such a high level of intake it not sustainable and I grew tired of feeling like shit and not being able to function. I was also very emotionally erratic and volatile and sick quite a lot.
I started to cut back in my twenties to maybe once a month. Then at 30 I moved away from the scene and took nothing for 3-4 years. Then i started using it again 2-3 times a year and now Im 44 and only do it once a year however I feel very close to moving on and not doing it at all anymore as I always feel so disappointed after not only with the experience but also with myself for abusing my body and brain in this way. Sure its only once a year but when you are usually very healthy and happy and then suddenly you load your body in this way its kind of very shocking and the body is not used to it.
I find I don't get the satisfaction from it that I used to get. I just feel like I am searching for this feeling and good time but that I don't quite get there. Like I feel very high and my eyes wobble and I dance and chat all night etc but in-between waves of euphoria I feel sick, hot, uncomfortable, awkward, apprehensive, self conscious and paranoid.
I never take anything without testing first and so if it does not show a high level of MDMA in the test then I wouldn't take it. I think perhaps that after so long using it even with a year break in between, it just no longer does it for me. Perhaps because I prefer to feel balanced and mellow than OTT off the planet these days.
I also hate the remorseful feelings that accompany the come down when I am thinking about how I behaved and the things I said and how I must have looked to others.
Those first few years when house music was emerging as the genre of choice for gen x were wild and amazing times. The music was fresh and new just like the birth of rock n roll, the scene was in its infancy, it was an amazing and wild explosion of fashion, drugs, parties and music that I will always have such fond memories of and I wouldn't change a thing.
I will always love house music and I cannot listen to it anymore without feeling like I am on drugs, in this sense unfortunately it is a trigger that keeps me wanting to lose myself in the oblivion of the scene again and again but I think Ive reached an age where its time to move on and find a deeper sense of happiness in my life.

BSiren,

I think that sums up for me what happened too. I don't know what 5-HTTP receptors are or whatever it is that you mentioned, but I do believe something happened with my receptors or my brain that doesn't allow the M to really provide that high :( This was really heart-breaking for me, as I am sure it was for you and OP. In the beginning the euphoria was almost too much to handle--there was so much euphoria that I had to literally SIT to take it all in! It's like there was nothing but euphoria. The last two times I've done it have been nothing like that... pretty much feeling normal except for a LOT of stomach cramps and pains in the beginning and nausea / dizziness. But whereas before the euphoria would kind of 'overshadow' the stomach cramps, now that doesn't happen and they just kind of last for half an hour and really bother me. And once the half hour is gone, the buzz never really 'peaks' or reaches that intense point.

That's because Piperazines don't make people Happy, hyper and huggy.

Actually, it is probably the racemic mixture differences in MDMA that cause the experiential differences (assuming real MDMA). More of the r-isomer and you get less stimulation and a more stoned effect, more s-isomer and you get much more stimulation.

Many people seem to forget that MDMA has stereo-isomers that act completely differently --- the r-isomer hits the 5HT2A receptors really hard, while the s-isomer is very stimulating. The s-isomer also has a much shorter half life than the r-isomer and is metabolized differently.

Actually, it is probably the racemic mixture differences in MDMA that cause the experiential differences (assuming real MDMA). More of the r-isomer and you get less stimulation and a more stoned effect, more s-isomer and you get much more stimulation.

Many people seem to forget that MDMA has stereo-isomers that act completely differently --- the r-isomer hits the 5HT2A receptors really hard, while the s-isomer is very stimulating. The s-isomer also has a much shorter half life than the r-isomer and is metabolized differently.
Scientific proof of isomer debate.....oh yea there is none.