Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA doesn't effect me anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

LauraWMD

Greenlighter
Okay, i think i'm posting in the right place, but here is it. Basically about 9 months ago swim really got into MD. SWIM was going through quit a rough patch and swim'd decided to stop drinking and basically replaced it with mdma. swim knew it wasn't the smartest of choices and since then swim've been doing it regulary leaving at a max 2 weeks to as little as 3 days between each time. And it's finally hit swim that it's not effecting swim how it used to. it feels more like speed now and swim has no euphoric or love or happyness left from it. It's been happening mroe and more and swim's finally decided to stop and was;'t thinking of doing it until new years eve which is 4 months away. Would swim's tolerance have built up enough by then for her to feel the effects agin? and if she occasionally do mephedrone, would swim's tolerance from mdma of effected it and will swim doing mephedrone effect her tolerance from doing mdma on new years? SWIM's tried looking on the inernet but can't really find anything. SWIM was wondering if anyone's experienced anything similar and could give her suggestions? Thanks

SWIM isn't necessary here, and makes it harder/more annoying to read posts. Its not doing you any good as far as legal protection.

MDXX drugs are acutely neurotoxic like most amphetamines. That means even at normal doses they will cause minimal short term damage. Its negligible if you dose once every few months. The general rule of thumb is no more than once a month max, the shulgins recommend a few times a year max. If you dose any more frequently the magic will disappear, and you WILL be doing damage to your brain/nervous system.

Any stimulant afaik will affect mdma usage, as far as tolerance/effects. Mephedrone is fairly serotonegenic like mdma and imho should be used about as freqently as mdma to avoid neurotoxicity.

Really all you need to know is overuse/long term abuse of neurotransmitter re-leasers (pretty much all amphetamines, including the MDXX's) fuck with your brain big time. First its diminished affects (loss of magic), and if that doesn't wake you up to why they shouldn't be used frequently, you'll soon start seeing long term side affects that take a while (if at all) to go away. Please look into why MDMA and other empathogens/stimulants should not be used frequently, its a serious warning that isn't worth ignoring if you value your health.

I'd take a long break (6-12m) before dosing again, and keep your dosages reasonable, no more than once a month max.

Consider low dose mescaline if you can get ahold of it if you still want to experience an empathogenic experience, its not a MDMA substitute, but it has some overlapping effects and is comparable imho. Plus its completely non-toxic and can be used more frequently than mdma.

my friend had the same problem with E's he would get head aches and pains in his stomach when he didnt take them.
he use to take 20 a day,but hes fine now as he takes heroin to get him through the day now instead...SHAME.

I only started using Molly about 8 months ago and have taken it maybe six times in that period. From what I've heard, you roll way better when you wait over 3 months, meaning your 4 month gap would set you up nicely for a good new years.

HOWEVER, like daytryptr said, you have abused MD (and I'm a little bit guilty of this myself, have definitely lost some magic) and so it's hard to tell exactly how long you'll need to build your levels of serotonin back up.

This is because in your brain you have a part of the nervous system called Serotonin Reuptake Receptors: because of your overuse, you may have reduced these receptors sensitivity to MDMA i.e. your tolerance has gone way up, and that would take time to repair. I would say you will have a good night if you use MD in 4 months time, but nowhere near as good as a first or second time user. Plus, you may be experiencing some pretty nasty comedowns by now. Might be better trying to hold off for a year or so and then properly enjoy the effects of this great drug.

Good on you for trying to stop, but watch out, frequent MD use f***s you up and, although there is some debate over the neurotoxicity of MDMA, it certainly can trigger a load of mental health problems.

sounds normal. You do a lot of something, your tolerance builds up. My advice is to get a lot of exercise and stay off it for a bit. The exercise will naturally help you build back your serotonin levels so you can really enjoy it again.

sounds normal. You do a lot of something, your tolerance builds up. My advice is to get a lot of exercise and stay off it for a bit. The exercise will naturally help you build back your serotonin levels so you can really enjoy it again.

def the most important part of coming off any drug,is the dreaded routine of....EXERCISE.
i came off heroin and in the space of 8months i went from 2 stone under weight to 3 stone over....lol

I definitely experienced exactly what you're describing when I was around 18 years old and going to clubs. MDMA is a fantastic chemical and the first few times are beyond description. BUT it has a tendency to lose effectiveness rapidly, especially if you take it say once a week (as I did), and dosing with more pills will have a slight pay-off in the short-term but will quicken the "loss of magic".

Longer term abuse of MDMA will also lead to serious depression. I saw it with some friends, they became utterly miserable because they'd burnt-out. You want to avoid this, and the only way of doing it is to space ecstacy use out to say a very minimum of once every 6 weeks.

You can also increase your serotonin levels by taking 5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) and this will lower the risk of "burn-out". This is legal in most countries.

Just dont take any uppers til new years eve, keep it on the down low then when new years hits its gonna HIT! Trust. Methadrone thats an amphet right of some sort still a stim, fuck it off! Buy some weed or get a decent ssri for few months. Install warcraft!

Incorrect forum; also, we don't use SWIM here!

Wiki ---> BDD

All the best,

~ Vaya

Actually I think this is more suited to Ecstasy Discussion, since, while it is a fairly basic question, BDD doesn't really cover MDMA, cannabis, psychedelics or steroids :)

BDD -> ED

Problem with losing the magic is it can be permanent. Something to do with down-regulation of serotonin receptors or something.

You may never get to experience the magic of mandy ever again. But yeah taking a long break and exercising regularly with a healthy diet is your best bet. No other stims either.

The magic is also the novelty of the new chemical and experience. It's not only a chemical imbalance thing, which plays a huge roll. When you first take E you have NO idea what to expect, and don't know that you can produce such happiness and pure emotion for life. Once you unlock that experience a few times, you kind of know whats coming. Now it is time to make sure your serotonin is near baseline ( I say near because people don't know how long it takes for it to get back to full ) so you can enjoy as much of it as you can.

This loss of magic is quite common. I began to experience it maybe 7 years ago, at a time when I abused MDMA.

Sure enough, I stopped taking this drug after I got awful side effects.

Now and again, maybe once or twice a year I'll take some MDMA, and it's never been as good as those first few years.

This loss of magic is quite common. I began to experience it maybe 7 years ago, at a time when I abused MDMA.

Sure enough, I stopped taking this drug after I got awful side effects.

Now and again, maybe once or twice a year I'll take some MDMA, and it's never been as good as those first few years.

This was a really old post that didn't really need bumping. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.