• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA does not work anymore!!!!! need help

swim1995

Ex-Bluelighter
ok, i started using mephedrone quite a bit a couple of years ago, however things changed and good quality meph is now to pricey, and to hard to come by in my area. Instead i started using MDMA more.
now with MDMA i did it a lot, like 3+ days a week sometimes, when i could. I guess it was the best anti-depressant out there for me and the first few times rolling feels amazing, id do heavy bombs, take my clothes off, go mad and it was great! Although now i can go through 1.4g's of molly within 2 days, and i get no euphoria, only dizziness, feelings of sickness with no appetite, shakes and heavy heavy disorientation. i have even tried different MDMA from different suppliers (pills and rocks) and it doesn't make any difference
at first i thought this was because i was getting poor gear, but others who purchased from the same place say its amazing.
now i keep doing it because i associate the drug with euphoria, when i know that i wont get euphoria......
Any advice on how to get the magic back?

This happened with me when I was only taking it once a week, the way I got the euphoria back was stop using for a month. since you take it a lot more regularly I would say wait a couple of months, I can't go into detail on how it works but it seemed to do the trick for me.

Seratonin.

It naturally occurs in your brain but you have only so much stored, it's not endless.

In lay mans terms imagine a seratonin lake in your brain controlled by a Dam.

In every day life you barely open the dam. Little bits of seratonin leak out but not much.

When you take MDMA it opens the dam up full, more than you could ever release without MDMA. Seratonin flows and floods your brain you feel fantastic, amazing and happy.

But If you continue to open that dam up before you let the seratonin lake fill up then the rush out of the Dam reduces.

It's called Diminishing return. The more you open up the dam the less the rush of seratonin until it simply is empty and doesn't flow anymore.

You have emptied your seratonin lake and now you have to wait to fill it back up again.

No way round nothing you can do but wait. Hence why MDMA as a long term feel good solution won't work for you or anyone else.

Your running empty and will do if you continue to take MDMA without waiting at least 3 months

Take care

Yeah dude, you need to chill with the MDMA, it just isn't an everyday kinda drug. Finding one of those would be better than what you're doing. So knock it off for at least a few months, think of MDMA as a once a season or less kind of drug and all will be well.
After your binge you'll likely be quite a bit more depressed for a bit, try and remember it's because you abused MDMA excessively, and it will pass.

Any advice on how to get the magic back?

You need to stop using MDMA or any similar drugs for a long time. It is the only way to get the magic back, and it is the only way to recover from the injury you've done to your body.

For the love of Christ stop doing it!!!!

Check out the mdma recovery thread. You're lucky as fuck you aren't dealing with worth symptoms. If you don't want to be so depressed you're almost driven to suicide please for the love of god stop.

Thank you for the feedback guys, will stop using it for a bit and substitute it with other (hopefully) less harmful chemicals.
I have been unable to feel happy lately, whether i'm on molly or not. unable to smile and just lacking motivation to do anything, i barely go outside.
I know its no good as a long term solution, but iv never been able to look farther into the future than a few days at max. i guess i'm to impulsive
I will give it a break, altho 3 months seems like such a long time to be away from molly

Yeah, that happens, your brain is more or less out of serotonin and if you want to get back to some kind of normal you're just gonna have to wait till your brain first makes more, and then re-learns how to use it. It takes a bit, and it sucks, but it does pass. Maybe do a little reading on 5-htp? You'll also be well served by exercise if you can find a way to work up a sweat that you think is fun it'll help a lot.

Dude if you're smart you'll never do it again.

Read the MDMA recovery thread. There's a reason there's been 3 threads on it and they're all over 30 pages long. This drug can seriously fuck with people. Nothing you've experienced on MDMA cannot also be felt on LSD or mushrooms and those drugs are basically 100% safe from a physical perspective.

As someone who has been dealing with negative symptoms for 3 months I implore you please take it easy. Just smoke weed and drink beers for the time being.

Dude if you're smart you'll never do it again.

Read the MDMA recovery thread. There's a reason there's been 3 threads on it and they're all over 30 pages long. This drug can seriously fuck with people. Nothing you've experienced on MDMA cannot also be felt on LSD or mushrooms and those drugs are basically 100% safe from a physical perspective.

As someone who has been dealing with negative symptoms for 3 months I implore you please take it easy. Just smoke weed and drink beers for the time being.

Do what skeeto222 said. I've never used MDA/MDMA as I never really had a desire to; but the people I know who did and who abused it and used it often did get burnt out from it, and were eventually forced to stop using it for long periods of time, or for good. Their serotonin levels were extremely low that they went on SSRIs.

Last edited:
I can personally attest that doing MDMA too often can cause physical and mental issues... and my use wasn't as bad or as frequent as yours.

I'm almost month out of using MDMA bi-weekly for 7-8 months and I now really regret it. It really caught up with me. Almost a month... and I am still having issues with spasms in my legs.

If I were you, I would IMMEDIATELY stop. You probably don't want to hear it, but what has made me feel slightly better has been going to the gym every day. I'm hoping I continue to improve.

I hope you feel better though, I hate to read about someone going through what you are.

If I ever do MDMA again (and that's a BIG if) I will only do it every two months and never go over 200mg.

I really hope you feel better :/

I agree with skeeton bro stay away from mdma for real man this drug is not a joke don't use that anymore

Yeah, you gotta give yourself a break man. MDMA is just one of those drugs that you can not abuse. The magic may be lost forever, or just temporarily. Definitely wait at least 3 months before touching it again, otherwise you might really fuck yourself over and lost the magic forever. If you try it again in a month, it may still be the same and now you're going to need to not touch it for 6 months, etc. So just do the 3 months, and cross your fingers. If you're feeling that loss of motivation, depression, etc, that's normal, but you need to find a way to be happy on your own. You can't dependent on MDMA to be your anti-depressant. You have to find your own happiness....

I will give it a break, altho 3 months seems like such a long time to be away from molly
3 months? honestly, given what you have said, i'd give yourself a much longer break than that.

you can't be blasé about this kind if thing. you are talking about powerful brain chemistry and your mental and physical well-being. i know you love this thing but if you don't take this seriously and take a long break, at best you may never experience the 'magic' again. at worst, who knows but you're already experiencing symptoms.

alasdair