• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA didnt work (actually did the opposite of what it should)

barrano247

Greenlighter
Ok, so heres the story. I bought 200mg of crystal MDMA (they called it molly, i hate callin it that cuz it makes me feel like im only doing it because its popular) so i could try candyflipping. I never had tried MDMA to this point (theres a chance i had before because when i was dumb i took this white powder that some dude told me was some form of shrooms, an it gave me mdma like effects), so i did roughly 100mg to try it, since im not dumb enough to take acid with something ive never tried before. Note that i didnt hang out with friends or anything doing it, because i dont have friends who are really into drugs and im not into the rave/club scene. So anyway, i bombed 100 mg in receipt paper, and went to the mall (i know its a horrible idea since i lost my wallet there). In about 20 minutes from ingestion, i felt it. I was walking around the mall in a giddy stupor, i went to gamestop and bought two games, went and bought a shitload of candy, and walked around for about an hour like a bafoon, but i didnt care because i felt great. I dipped out the mall when i accidentally broke a candle in a store (luckly the lady working there was nice enough not to charge me for it). I got back home safely, this was about an hour and a half after dropping it. I noticed the music in the car actually sounded a lot worse and more two dimensional than normal, so i didnt really enjoy it. When i got home, i went right to my room an started playing halo, and after one game it clearly wasnt doing it. I noticed i felt more speedy than warm and empathetic, and i wasnt really enjoying myself, i didnt feel cramped or bored, i really just didnt feel like doing anything. As a matter of fact, i felt like doing nothing the whole time, even in the mall i got tired and wanted to sit down. I didnt even have music on, the best part was staring into space with no music or tv on. So i tried playing this game i bought called child of eden, since it was colorful and fun. I liked the game, but i noticed i was pretty critical of things instead of openminded, and music wasnt really doing it for me. So i decided to smoke a little weed, just a bit, and the weed took over completely. This was about 2 and a half hours in, and at this point i was battling anxiety, mixed with the speedy feeling. Underneath it all i could feel a decent warm euphoria, but i could tell it still wasnt too strong. As a matter of fact, it reminded me of some of my weak DXM highs, which usually gave me extreme euphoria and love of everything, but sometimes made me feel wired but a little dysphoric and critical, like with this high. After an hour of paranoia (i did some chores, and tried killing this spider that scared me shitless), the weed subsided a bit and i started chilling and just listening to music. It slowly started to come back now (for the last 2 hours i hadnt felt high at all really), and suddenly, about 4 hours in, i felt amazing. It wasnt strong euphoria, but i felt like my senses came to life, i was trippin pretty hard looking at the itunes visualizer and vibin to music. I also closed all the blinds and turned on the colored christmas lights in my room, and also used headphones instead of speakers, which helped a ton. The only worry i had was that my dad would come home and wonder why my room looked like a stoners paradise, with colorful christmas lights everywhere and the visualizer on. It turned out i was right, after about an hour and a half of good times (it subsided a bit after an hour or so), my dad did come and he talked about me getting a job and stuff, a real buzz kill. After that it was pretty much over, and i still was completely tired, so i tried sleeping at around 8:30. I was clearly in a haze, and i really felt disinterested in everything (the dreaded comedown).

So i woke up this morning (the next day), feeling just as disinterested as before. Mind you, ive had issues with depression (now im diagnosed bipolar), and even now in the afternoon i feel the same as this morning, a little better. I felt like i actually often do, fatigued, disinterested, going through the motions, lucky i had no obligations today, i hung out with a friend for about 6 hours and it was cool, i wasnt REALLY depressed but to me after being "depressed" for about 2 years straight, it was nothing to me (yea im a champ). One thing thats been bugging me though, is that since ive woken up, ive been wayyyy out of my mind. I do suffer from a shitload of mental issues, including HPPD, some weird somatosensory disorder that involves demon attacks, derealization, personality disorders, etc. But today was something new, i felt completely dissociated, probably the most ive felt for a whole day, my perception is really weird (i cant explain it really, but my eyes are in super focus mode, except everything is blurry, my vision randomly starts shimmering, im still getting tracers, and things are morphing, basically like a mild acid trip. This is not normal, its like HPPD on hyperdrive. I remember i was driving, and as cars passed infront of me, it looked like they were going the speed of sound and there was air flaring off the back of the cars, and it was like that for every car. My memory has gone to SHIT, i was trying to produce (music, thats my hobby), and i couldnt remember how to do jack shit. Ive also seen some of the after effects from the day before when i rolled, including that i left my wallet in the mall (thankfully the lost and found had it), and the dime bag i somehow left in my parents room (i still dont know if they found it, if they did im fucked). Also my balance and general sense of ability to control my body has gone to shit too, if i look up i get dizzy and thrown off balance.

In summary, heres a few ideas i have about what happened. I know MDMA increases serotonin release, and since ive been bipolar/depressed for a while, i might just not have any left, or my sensors could be burned out already (which would be terrible). I havent had any true profound euphoria in a while now that i think of it. This is also possible because it seems i got every effect of MDMA except euphoria. Mind you that i never really use drugs that use serotonin, the only drugs ive ever used a lot are DXM and weed. Another idea is that the weed might have killed the rest of my trip, i dont think this is likely though because with weed nowadays i have no anxiety and i feel really good, actually i think the MDMA killed the weed high. The fact that the MDMA killed my energy level is another weird sign. The only medication i take is 100mg of lamictal daily, which they say has no interaction with MDMA. I should also note that im in a manic episode i think, honestly i dont know anymore i dont even know if im bipolar anymore, i think the lamictal effectively eliminated it. The obvious other possibility is that it wasnt MDMA/pure, and the reason i doubt that is 1. it was from a very trusted seller who has never been snakey like that before, 2. in my area its common enough that people dont take advantage of those who seek it strongly by selling fake stuff, because its common already, 3. Because it came in crystal form, and looked pretty clear but not entirely, wasnt off color at all, and was tough and hard to crush, unlike meth which is flakey. Ultimately, i think i just might have some weird inability to do MDMA, maybe the set was wrong since i had a good time in public but not at home (then again i actually started getting anxious and not feel-goody in the mall, even well after i dropped the candle). Ultimately i just wasnt feeling it, i think it might be biological, but also i have a pretty analytical/logical mind, which sometimes i think makes me think my way out of just relaxing and experiencing things, but i really think that MDMA is usually strong enough to overcome that, as most drugs that make you feel good (opiates, DXM, weed, shrooms even) have all done that for me.

Lastly, would you guys recommend i try it again, on a day where i already feel energetic and hyper, or perhaps when im out at night somewhere social with other rollers (club, concert, etc.)? Personally, its hard for me not to try again since i have a good amount of a good drug in my possession, but i think logically i shouldnt try it. Also, would you guys recommend i still candyflip?

ok i guess i should really cut the fat here

MDMA didnt give me euphoria, just everything else (speedy feeling, visual changes, kinda fuzzy feeling but actually a bit dysphoric)

i am bipolar/have had depression issues for a while

i took 100mg crystal (i promise you it was legit, and i weigh 135 lb)

2 days later, i still feel perceptual changes/am completely out of it, balance is off, im seeing so much shit everywhere (HPPD) that i can barely function

have the standard post roll "depression"

The mdma worked for about an hour then things turned sour, the first hour was truely amazing

My question is.... Are you taking any meds for the depression and bipolar?
My guess is that either it wasn't Mdxx, or you take meds because of your problems that severely diminish and complicate the effects of mdma.

sounds exactly like methylone.... effects lasted for an hour then you were bored after it and find feel right even longer
than MDMA would normally make you feel? then yeah I'm going with you got sold methylone. (unless ofcourse you reagent tested it?) but don't worry iv gotten methylone before and it is exactly as you described...

sounds exactly like methylone.... effects lasted for an hour then you were bored after it and find feel right even longer
than MDMA would normally make you feel? then yeah I'm going with you got sold methylone. (unless ofcourse you reagent tested it?) but don't worry iv gotten methylone before and it is exactly as you described...

makes sense to me too...except the part he said he felt euphoric out of nowhere 4 hours in...maybe methylone + rc? Methylone is common as molly i think because a friend was telling me how he bombs half G's of crazy mdma ....sigh i asked him the duration : oh a few hours at most. CUt to shit Methylone it is.

the weird feeling during the beginning you described, then amazing feeling 3 or 4 hours in is common with mdma, sometimes the weird phase at the beginning is shorter and sometimes longer. All of the perceptual and trippy after effects you described make it seem as if it was not MDMA, I think you had some weird RC. Your reasons for thinking it was pure are meaningless and don't prove anything at all about the identity of your material. Since you've never done mdma you can't compare your experience to the real thing. But the fact that you never felt this total sense of happiness, relief, and euphoria (especially your first time) makes it seem that it wasn't true blue Mdma

I knew a guy in highschool that took MDMA and he's bipolar and he said it just made him very angry and he'd flip out over nothing, and over things that normally would not bother him at all. If you're bipolar or have another mental illness drugs are not going to effect you the same way they do to most people.

Our fellow Bluelight users are right. If you haven't tested your product you have no idea what's in it. Also, the MDMA will absolutely react with any other medications in your body.

My question is.... Are you taking any meds for the depression and bipolar?
My guess is that either it wasn't Mdxx, or you take meds because of your problems that severely diminish and complicate the effects of mdma.

Ok sorry for not replying for a while, it was MDMA because i gave some to a friend since i didnt want it anymore, and he had a great time. I thought it was because of the meds in the first place, i take lamictal, which supposedly doesnt interact with MDMA, but from a lot of research i saw some leads that suggest it diminishes euphoria (which would make sense since its a mood stabilizer).

Also, I want to add i tried acid a couple days ago, still on lamictal, and it gave a great body high, but mentally and visually it was dissapointing. Im 100000% sure its legit (passed tests and everything), my friends tried half of what i did and almost had bad trips. I did 200ug, was in a great mindset, and im a reasonably experienced tripper, and it did nothing mentally, only physically, i had some distortions if i stared long enough, but absolutely nothing special and not even color enhancement.

From my research, first off, no one really knows what lamictal does. I found reports of people having no issues with MDMA or LSD on lamictal, and having problems with weed on lamictal. It seems im the other way around, before taking lamictal weed often caused panic and dysphoria, now its pure euphoria usually. But LSD and MDMA dont work. At this point i dont trust the common belief that lamictal doesnt interact with those drugs, for me it does.

Even if it wasnt MDMA methylone from what ive seen is similar and what i experienced was nothing like either.

I knew a guy in highschool that took MDMA and he's bipolar and he said it just made him very angry and he'd flip out over nothing, and over things that normally would not bother him at all. If you're bipolar or have another mental illness drugs are not going to effect you the same way they do to most people.

this i think is the winner. i just feel like i dont have the innate positive energy for mdma to work unless im around others. but im sure if i was manic as all hell it would be gorgeous

If you didn't reagent test it, you CAN'T assume it's MDMA. You said it was your first time and you didnt get the feeling you were expecting .. You blame your brain chemistry. .. I'd look at your Substance more closely before blaming your brain.

Edit: just bc your friend had fun doesn't mean it's legit. People have fun of RC's too.

Just cause your friend had a good time doesn't mean anything, seeing as most drugs tend to give people a good time, it could be basically anything.

Until you test it you will never ever know what it is. From what you described I highly doubt it was mdma

Edit: Additionally, how exactly did you test your LSD? 200ug of pure LSD is a hell of a dose, me and my friends find 150 quite intense, venturing further is a big occasion. And we are all moderately seasoned (10+ trips) users. Obviously your medication is reacting in some way or your drugs are simply not what you think they are, maybe both. I don't know much about your medication but I know mood stabilisers can be very dangerous in combination with drugs like this so that should be a warning sign. And Is it really advisable for someone with your condition to be playing around with these kind of drugs?

Last edited:
^This a thousand times.
If you look at the various drugchecking sites it is very likely to get RCs sold as "Molly". I said it before but in these days when every idiot can order massive amounts of various Research Chemicals I would not take any powder or pill without testing it. The risk is just too high.
I wont lecture you on the subject of taking empathogenic or psychedelic drugs with your condition since it is obviously not advised ;)