• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA concern

Deadatsix

Greenlighter
So I have a question about mdma and was hoping for some help. I recently have been prescribed 10 mg. Prozac once a day. I have been taking this dose for 4 days now so a total of 40mg is in my system. I have been doing some research on taking MDMA while on Prozac and have found mostly that the Prozac will either cancel out any effects of the MDMA or I can be at risk of Serotonin syndrome. I have taken MDMA before (about 100 mg. Dose) and wanted to have one more trip before clogging up my receptors with Prozac. I have found different answers on how long the half life of Prozac is, I've seen 3-4 days all the way to 3 months. Since I've taken such a small amount would MDMA have any effect if I stop the Prozac for 4 days? I do not want to waste my money or risk a hospital trip. Ive also read that you can take Prozac when coming down to prevent feeling like total crap the next day, is there any truth to that? I appreciate any help/info!

Prozac takes a very long time to build up in your system before acceptable results are generally found. I personally had a seizure after taking prozac but it took 7-8 weeks before that happened. I think if you quit prozac after 4 days like you want it will have little to no bad effects, but I don't even play a Dr on TV. My question is Why? Didn't You begin the prozac because you were unhappy with Your current condition? Do you ever want to be well, or is it just a hobby to try for, every once in awhile?

Anyhow the only thing I ever had that cancelled out my mdma was cocaine.

Your doctor prescribed this because you may have depression, panic, or anxiety, right?
If receiving medication treatment, you 'd better stop MDMA until fully recovered unless you want your treatment period getting longer.

You will not be at risk of serotonin syndrome. There are even indications that an SSRI (like prozac) lower or even eliminate the chance of serotonin syndrome compared to MDMA on it's own. This is because of it's method of action. However if sufficient levels of prozac have built up this same method of action will indeed mute or completely kill the roll. Furthermore not much is known about the combination of MDMA and an SSRI, apart from sparse research, so even though serotonin syndrome is not a risk, there are a lot of unknown factors that could be. There have been no, or very few reports of adverse reactions but you can never be certain with two such powerful substances combined.

As for the post-roll protection an SSRI offers, IIRC this is a theory but it hasn't been sufficiently proven. But if you keep your doses normal it isn't needed as normal doses do not cause neurotoxic damage. An SSRI after MDMA is to combat neurotoxicity, not to help with the comedown. A comedown is not neurotoxic damage but a drop in levels of serotonin and other hormones in the synaptic cleft. It is my understanding this cannot be counteracted by an SSRI, only neurotoxic damage (possibly)

Not really important in this case but if you ever switch from an SSRI to a MAOI anti-depressant, DO NOT take MDMA, this is a potentially deadly combination (it has been fatal in numerous cases) and will at least guarantee you a trip to the ER.

Now that I mention it, don't combine an SSRI and MDMA either, in case that wasn't clear from the rest of my reply =D besides the potential adverse reaction it is not wise to do so if you are undergoing threatment, as Daiki pointed out already. MDMA fucks with your hormone system, this you don't need when it is already a bit out of balance... You will feel better during the roll, but the crash afterwards can send you way down. First take care of your issues before you contemplate taking drugs..

Last edited:
You will not be at risk of serotonin syndrome. There are even indications that an SSRI (like prozac) lower or even eliminate the chance of serotonin syndrome compared to MDMA on it's own. This is because of it's method of action. However if sufficient levels of prozac have built up this same method of action will indeed mute or completely kill the roll. Furthermore not much is known about the combination of MDMA and an SSRI, apart from sparse research, so even though serotonin syndrome is not a risk, there are a lot of unknown factors that could be. There have been no, or very few reports of adverse reactions but you can never be certain with two such powerful substances combined.

As for the post-roll protection an SSRI offers, IIRC this is a theory but it hasn't been sufficiently proven. But if you keep your doses normal it isn't needed as normal doses do not cause neurotoxic damage. An SSRI after MDMA is to combat neurotoxicity, not to help with the comedown. A comedown is not neurotoxic damage but a drop in levels of serotonin and other hormones in the synaptic cleft. It is my understanding this cannot be counteracted by an SSRI, only neurotoxic damage (possibly)

Not really important in this case but if you ever switch from an SSRI to a MAOI anti-depressant, DO NOT take MDMA, this is a potentially deadly combination (it has been fatal in numerous cases) and will at least guarantee you a trip to the ER.

Now that I mention it, don't combine an SSRI and MDMA either, in case that wasn't clear from the rest of my reply =D besides the potential adverse reaction it is not wise to do so if you are undergoing threatment, as Daiki pointed out already. MDMA fucks with your hormone system, this you don't need when it is already a bit out of balance... You will feel better during the roll, but the crash afterwards can send you way down. First take care of your issues before you contemplate taking drugs..

This ^^. I have friends who have recently changed from trying about every SSRI out there, to a little-known French med called tianeptine. It is in a way the opposite of an SSRI in that it is a selective serotonin uptake enhancer. It has been proven to as effective for depression as anything out there, and is more effective for anxiety. It has few side effects. It has changed their lives.

Neither has found that tianeptine affects their rolls in any way. I'm not recommending the combo, but I provide the info.

Thanks for the info. I was prescribed the Prozac for anxiety but I kmow that the 10 mg. Dose is very low for someone my age (25). Ike I said I have taken mdma before and had a great time I wanted to have one more roll before moving on.