• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Comedown Experiences - Please Help!

questiontheworld

Greenlighter
First off I want to say Hello to everyone!! I am brand new and this is my first post...ever in life! Haha. Very first forum even and I am excited to hear what everyone has to say and be able to offer advice when I can in return! =D

Second, maybe I shouldn't have used 'Please Help' in the title because it might imply that I am not doing well and/or in pain/hurting but actually this is quite different and I am very eager to here some theories.

I'll start with a little background about myself and my usage so everyone can better understand me and what I may or may not already know about drugs in general.

I'm currently 27, Male and Overall pretty healthy. 5'11" 170 lbs. I was basically an alcoholic for about 4 years but don't drink at all now really except maybe a single beer once a week on Friday or something and I think whatever damage I did to my body, if any, I have fully recovered from. I have had many experiences with shrooms, acid and mdma and I believe I had what some call 'ego death' many years ago when I was 19, during college. Along the way I've also done a little bit of blow, not much, and cannabis almost daily for years now. I consider myself very in tune with my own body and have always treated psychedelics with the respect and proper use they deserve. They have always had a very special and meaningful place with me as I think they do with so many others who use them for enlightenment and positive experience.

A tiny bit more about me; this may be unnecessary but in order to get more accurate hypotheses, I think it might help, but I could be completely wrong. I am a very optimistic person and if my friends say one thing about me they'll usually say "no matter what happens, he always find the good side." I never let little things bug me or my manager at work annoy me. Anytime something might start to, I just think about life as a whole basically and realize how insignificant little things like that are to let get to me. I have always felt in control of my emotions and I can't really ever remember a time where I have completely lost it, as others may say. Maybe when I was 9 and my dog died, lol.

So with all of that being said, time for the main story and question!

Like I said above, I have had many experiences with Molly. I usually do it roughly 3 times per year, for a few years now; pretty well spaced out, always with people, and never alone. Every single time my friends and I have ever done it, the next day or sometimes the day after that everyone usually gets very depressed. One of my friends said that when some people do it on weekends at festivals like EDC, which I've never been to, they call the following Tuesday "Suicide Tuesday" because of this effect. It was extremely interesting to me, because at no point in my life have I ever felt this way. Most of my friends at first assumed I was just playing it off or something, but over time they realized I wasn't. So over the past couple years every time we do it, we talk about it and in a very strange way, even though it sounds terrible, I am very curious about this part of the drug. We all did it just over two weeks ago together as always. Others not in our close circle always say, "you guys are just getting super bad stuff then". We all use the same source and usually take about the same amount each, so if that were true, wouldn't my friends agree and not feel as bad as they usually do? This time I decided to take a little more to see if maybe that was the cause. Typically we take 200mg each with a possible small redose after 2 or 3 hours. This time I wanted to do a little more at one time to see what would happen, so I took 500mg. The effects were definitely more intense, but basically right where I wanted them to be and I wasn't feeling bad at all. So naturally, like always, I woke up the next day like it never happened and just assumed it would hit me the following day. Nope, never got anything. Now before you say anything mean I want to be really clear, I am in no way trying to say that I have some type of immunity or have great mental powers or better than anyone or anything ridiculous like that. I am truly very curious why I don't feel this way as practically everyone seems to.

One of my closest friends and I decided to really put this to the test. Would some crazy amount finally make me feel this way?

Last week, I requested Mon-Wed (The past 3 days) of this week off work and got it. On Sunday, from the same person and source, we bought 3.5g. Monday morning was the start of my first ever 'binge' and I only slept for about 3 hours that night before getting up and starting again. My friend was not interested in doing very much, more just there to observe me and in case of emergency, but he did do 500mg total only on Monday, not Tuesday, and in two spaced doses. For me, Monday started with a 500mg dose, and every two hours or so I would redose 200-300mg. I did feel the euphoria and effects, but it was never crazy and I was never concerned for my well being. After only the 3 hours I sleep I got and waking up hours before my friend, I started Tuesday with another 500mg. By about 3 pm that day I was completely out, meaning I did 3g in a span of about 30 hours or so. At first it seemed like a lot, but when I put it in terms of equaling 100mg/hour, it doesn't seem as outrageous to me for some reason. Even though I felt fine at the time, my friend (who by the way was sleeping at my house Monday for safety) decided to stay Tuesday night too, just in case. He got online and started reading about what can happen when you take that much and almost seemed as if trying to get me worried, but I know it wasn't on purpose and he was just generally concerned. I did feel pretty interesting Tuesday night, but never in any type of bad way like he was feeling all that day, just different than I have felt before. As I went to bed Tuesday I kept thinking to myself I've probably finally done it and what will the next few days hold for me? I slept very well to my surprise and didn't wake up until about Noon Yesterday. A tiny bit groggy for the first 5 minutes and basically was expecting some bad feelings soon. Went through my normal shave/shower routine, got dressed, and started to feel normal and good. Went to the living room where my friend was awake on the xbox. He asked how I was feeling and everything and I was totally fine. I said, "wanna go grab some lunch or something?" He told me my pupils were still huge, he didn't feel good and that maybe we should just stay home and chill. I agreed and he said with the amount I did, it might still be in my system and it could potentially be days until I feel any effects. Well, all of Wednesday was normal, just relaxing playing games, watching movies, etc. Went to bed about 10 pm and got up this morning at 6 for work as usual. We had a very short day today, (as it's not even Noon and I'm home already) so I was thinking just in case something does happen I will be at home hopefully. So my current status so far, after almost 48 hours now, I still feel 100% fine, like it never even happened. I am still expecting something in the next few days possibly, I can't rule that out, but as of this moment, I am perfectly well with what seems to be zero side effects.

My friends and I have talked about this extensively and basically come to 4 theories. Please tell me if you agree/disagree with any of our conclusions and PLEASE tell me what you think could be happening and why it does not appear to be negatively effecting me. I also want to state for the record, I am not making light of anyone's terrible comedown experience or calling it false. I have seen it with my friends first hand over and over. From witnessing that and the research I have done online and in this Forum tell me it is absolutely no fun, and I do not want to actually endure it, but at the same time I am very curious. So here is what we discussed:

1. My brain either now has or has always had some sort of serotonin problem or deficiency, which somehow makes me feel "normal" even when I am experiencing a depletion.

2. My brain actually has way too much serotonin naturally or an overproduction to where even when I do deplete it quickly, it somehow regenerates almost overnight. This could also be the reason I am so naturally happy and optimistic.

3. My natural good outlook and attitude towards life helps me somehow subconsciously cope well with the serotonin depletion. (This one I don't like and discredit, because I believe it truly is not mental, and you can't simply "think yourself out of it", however my friends, even though not necessarily believing themselves and pretending to be scientific, made the strange argument that just because people don't LIKE evolution, it still is true, and since my friends can't 'disprove' this with me, they say it is a valid theory.)

4. I took way too much and my system is currently compensating to make me feel normal when I'm not and sometime from now to a few days I will simply drop dead. (Lol. Hopefully? =P)

So what is your opinion? Obviously to me, 1 and 2 seem the most logical, but at the same time I am not a brain expert and it just seems strange. And who knows? Maybe I will have to re-post tomorrow or when, if ever, I feel like death.

I am very interested in what everyone has to say about this and if you actually read the whole thing and made it this far, I really appreciate it! =]

Thank you!

Did you test what you took with a reactive? (IE, marquis)?

If you did not, you could have take MDMA or you could have taking any other drug (cathinone).

Good point, I can't believe I forgot that. Yes, every single time we use, we test. It was the same as always. Definitely MDMA.

Thanks!

Youre lucky man... although maybe the bad feelings are kind of like a warning or way of letting you know that something bad is happening to your brain... just like how u feel physical pain to let u know that your body is in danger... be careful man... u could be doing harm and u might not even know it

Thanks for the advice! I don't literally "feel" anything bad, I was just mostly 'expecting' it with everything I have heard, but now it's been about 72 hours, and still nothing!
It is so strange. I wish I knew what was going on!

I never really get the bad hangovers either so it sounds like we're similar, but I've never done an amount like that so spaced out, usually just a couple doses after a couple hours and then let it ride out whatever whatever. One of my friends hard a terrible comedown his first time though (dude was dumb about it. Took 8 his first time because he is a big muscled out eastern european guy and thought he needed more), got depressed and broke up with his gf. Haha they got back together but damn.

Been doing it for like 3 3/4 years and never experienced a comedown. Some get it other's don't. If I was I wouldn't go hunting for it lol...