Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA/Cocaine cross tolerance

steelj

Greenlighter
Hey guys,

I had a quick question on the cross tolerance of cocaine and mdma, and was wondering if anyone might have some insight for me.

I started rolling around 5 years ago, and it is definitely my drug of choice. I would usually roll once every month, occasionally doing it a little more than that. However over the last few years, I stopped doing it that often and saved it for special occasions, probably doing it three times a year.

However, during the last two years, without even realizing it really, I've used cocaine mostly every weekend. In the last two years I would say it's fair that 90% of my weekends I used it, every Friday or Saturday, like clockwork. I never do it more frequently than that and when I do it, I never do that much at all. I am a very healthy individual around this weekend habit - I work out hard once sometimes twice a day, I eat very well, and am still quite young (26).

However, I went to an event in Vegas last June, and of course I was excited to roll. But this time around, while I did roll, it wasn't memorable or special at all, just fun. Nothing at all like it used to be. Now I know that I have rolled quite a bit more than I should in my time with the drug, but I believe that the Coke has something to do with it.

I am aware that Coke acts on dopamine receptors while mdma works with the serotonin side of things, but I can find no other explanation, as it was at least 6 months since the time I rolled before the event and I pre/post loaded it.

So my question is, has habitual usage of Coke messed up my serotonin and/or dopamine system to the point that I can't roll?

And lastly, would abstaining from Coke for a few months bring back the magic for me if this is the case? Or longer than 2 months perhaps?

I love my weekend adventures and do not particularly want to stop, however I will if that's what it takes to get my magic back. At this point I'm willing to try piracetem as that is supposed to help with this problem, but I have a suspicion that stopping Coke is the way to go.. thoughts?

Thank you guys in advance for any and all input - it means a lot!

I'm really happy to see his question because I have been contemplating using coke in between rolls to prolong the time in between. I abused MDMA when I first started and built up a tolerance to it.. I started spacing my usage by 2-4 months but they were still sub par to what I wanted them to be (even with taking higher doses).. I find it very difficult to wait it out for so long, hence why I am seeking an alternative with a similar high.. But I am not sure if it will be counterproductive and leave me with another unsatisfying roll the next time I do take MDMA...

That's originally why I started doing it too!

I should note for the record that the mdma I had was fantastic quality. It tested great and was on pill reports as over 200mg per pill.

Although MDMA's effect is strongest on serotonin, it has a fairly good dopamine hit too. If you've built up a tolerance to cocaine, I would indeed expect it to affect the MDMA high (making it less speedy, intense, and pleasurable.)

And lastly, would abstaining from Coke for a few months bring back the magic for me if this is the case? Or longer than 2 months perhaps?

I would certainly expect it to help. Whether it would truly bring back the magic of your early experiences or not is another matter; part of what makes those times so special is the sheer novelty of it.

Coke negates the effects of mdma. Im not sure how long the cross tolerance exists, but if you use coke before mdma, it will severely dampen the experience....... or may not work at all.

Thank you so much for your responses guys!

To answer a few of your questions, I never do Coke with mdma as I know that Coke completely overpowers the roll and is unhealthy as well as redundant.

I'm just worried that my habitual use around the occasional roll has hurt my system over the 2 plus years I have used Coke, mostly every weekend. Before the event last June I was always able to fully roll, this June was the first time it was like this.

I think I will abstain from blow for a month then try a roll as it will have been 5 months since my last roll. I'll see how that feels. Any other recommendations guys? Has anyone tried pitacetam for a few weeks before the roll? I've heard that takes you back to your first time..

Also, do you guys thing over two plus years the damage is permanent? I certainly hope not :/

Last edited:
Also, do you guys thing over two plus years the damage is permanent?

Probably not. Perhaps the best way to describe it is that your brain is tired; it's been trying to cope with the artificial crazy ups and downs drug use causes for a long time. Give it a nice long vacation from drugs (at least 3-6 months) and you're certain to start feeling better. :)

For me, long term use made me immune to the magic that it used to provide. I had seven years clean and went back to it, and I can never get like I used to be

Oops I'm sorry, as I re-read all the posts, I realized I drifted off into my experiences with amphetamines in general and not mdma in particular, I figured since MDMA is an amphetamine at heart, that the concept would be the same. It was daily use for two years before I stopped for seven..It this is relevant